2 New Yamaha Models Coming ...

e-boy

"We're about to unveil two new E-Bikes that will propel the industry forward, offering unprecedented levels of power, poise, and responsiveness."

Hopefully Yamaha will also introduce a dealer network that will support their ebikes too! Right now I cant even find one to transfer a warranty on a bike I bought a couple weeks ago. Even the dealer it was bought from, Del Amo Motorsports.

Hopefully Yamaha will also introduce a dealer network that will support their ebikes too! Right now I cant even find one to transfer a warranty on a bike I bought a couple weeks ago. Even the dealer it was bought from, Del Amo Motorsports.
While Yamaha's dealer network is well established here in the US it's primary focus has always been on motorcycles. While eBikes are hot sellers currently those shops may not be all that up on that fact and reluctant to take bicycle type products on? I know there are some independent bike shops that have qualified as dealers for them but even though Yamaha has a long history of eBike development they will have to really come out with something special and provide after sale support to make it work for them.

Ebike development has by no means reached its pinnacle and a company like Yamaha is in a good position engineering/capital wise to up the ante and hopefully they do!

I think one of the new E-Bikes is an updated Wabash . New drive and other refinements .

I think one of the new E-Bikes is an updated Wabash . New drive and other refinements .
Don't get me wrong but as much as I enjoy my drop bar bikes of the same ilk as the Wabash, and how well they work on pretty much all surfaces, after getting a FS bike and rolling logging roads that have a wide variety of "gravel" is at least for me preferable. Add in the large volume tires that are harder to flat than 45c or so tires and add to small bump compliance and traction and I don't give my other bikes much love these days.

I'm sure the Wabash will be good but I think a more Paris/Dakar model would be my dream bike.

Don't get me wrong but as much as I enjoy my drop bar bikes of the same ilk as the Wabash, and how well they work on pretty much all surfaces, after getting a FS bike and rolling logging roads that have a wide variety of "gravel" is at least for me preferable. Add in the large volume tires that are harder to flat than 45c or so tires and add to small bump compliance and traction and I don't give my other bikes much love these days.

I'm sure the Wabash will be good but I think a more Paris/Dakar model would be my dream bike.
What's your FS E-Bike ?
I've been thinking of getting a FS commuter ?

Here they are , Coming March 10th ?
https://japanese.engadget.com/wabash-rt-093025620.html

color_photo_001-2.jpg

color_photo_001-2.jpg

The bikes look OK but not the solution I am looking for. I have had similar bikes for the last 4 yrs. and for mixed surface road use they will be fine. However they don't provide any advancement over other similar models on the market which to me is disappointing.

I know that the Yamaha motor is a good option overall but am curious as to if the motor on these bikes is a new version that is smaller than what is on their other bikes? Kind of hard for me to tell but for sure it looks so compared to my riding buddies one on his Giant mtb?

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 4.56.18 AM.png

The ability to use 27.5 2.0 wheels and 45c 700c on the same bike is not that unusual. I used a rear 27.5 wheel for awhile, also known as Road plus, on one of my bikes but didn't find any advantage in small bump compliance/traction as I needed to run the same psi, around 30psi, as I was using for my 45c 700c wheelset. What I did notice with the plus wheels was tire roll while cornering at speed on asphalt surfaces due to the taller sidewalls. The main reason I switched back to the 700c wheel and not a fan of Road plus.

IMG_4873.JPG

The bikes look OK but not the solution I am looking for. I have had similar bikes for the last 4 yrs. and for mixed surface road use they will be fine. However they don't provide any advancement over other similar models on the market which to me is disappointing.

I know that the Yamaha motor is a good option overall but am curious as to if the motor on these bikes is a new version that is smaller than what is on their other bikes? Kind of hard for me to tell but for sure it looks so compared to my riding buddies one on his Giant mtb?

View attachment 113988

The ability to use 27.5 2.0 wheels and 45c 700c on the same bike is not that unusual. I used a rear 27.5 wheel for awhile, also known as Road plus, on one of my bikes but didn't find any advantage in small bump compliance/traction as I needed to run the same psi, around 30psi, as I was using for my 45c 700c wheelset. What I did notice with the plus wheels was tire roll while cornering at speed on asphalt surfaces due to the taller sidewalls. The main reason I switched back to the 700c wheel and not a fan of Road plus.

View attachment 113989
Crosscore RC uses 27.5 x 2.0 . Current model Crosscore uses 700c .

I think Yamaha should bring Japanese ebike models.

They're more geared towards everyday use, rather than American market ebikes. They're all sporting goods, toys, recreational items, whatever you wanna call them.
They might sell a few mommy utility ebikes here but not enough ; the markets are too different .
And Yamaha Bicycle USA is run by "racer boys" .
Look at Yamaha Motor USA website ; 'nuff said .
https://yamaha-motor.com

Last edited:
they look better than the previous version that had the top mounted al-la-chinese look battery.

but not seeing anything in the specs that is different or better than any one of a dozen offerings from other companies. in some of the specs seem to be a little "lower" over all in quality/name.

I'll also note that the biggest turn off for me with Yamaha products was this, the only places local to me that sell them are motorcycle dealerships and they offer a fantastic $500-$750 DEALER ADDED MARKUP to the price, I was told this was the "assembly" charge as the bike comes disassembled. and their techs have to put it together.

guess what... all mail order bikes come disassembled, it takes 30 minutes or less to assemble, if your dealerships are going to rip off customers for this, they need to come up with a better lie.

I saw that on BikeEU this a.m. also. It seems that Yamaha is interested in the same thing as VanMoof and BMW are in getting a high speed pedelec on the market that may force a change in legislation, because currently there are no allowances for the type of speeds they are targeting? The B1 as shown above looks like it is a stout unit though but without allowance for racks and full fenders which for an urban mobility vehicle seems to not make sense? Looks like a pretty heavy bike also.

They will both be available this summer .
CrossCore RC (S–L, weighing 52.2 to 52.6 pounds) ; Ouch ! , ... was hoping for lighter . :(

Back