1st rear wheel puncture

I use the 2 styro block that comes with the bike. I think it was the ones holding the wheels...
Good idea for using these blocks if you still have them for home use. Not so good if you're 20 miles from home at the side of a canal. I should have looked around for something to prop my Handlebars up or loosened the display to move it out the way.
On the positive side, I managed to clean off most of the scratches, and it was a lesson learnt. 🤓.
ANTI PUNCTURE TAPE ORDERED.

Good idea for using these blocks if you still have them for home use. Not so good if you're 20 miles from home at the side of a canal. I should have looked around for something to prop my Handlebars up or loosened the display to move it out the way.
On the positive side, I managed to clean off most of the scratches, and it was a lesson learnt. 🤓.
ANTI PUNCTURE TAPE ORDERED.
I still have mine and I carry them in my backpack when I ride. not too bulky. great idea on the anti puncture tape. I might order one too...

I received an email from Trek Bicycle Super Store for a service they are offering for their tire sealant - “Super Guard Flat Tire Protection”. Is this something worthwhile?

Ride Worry-Free with Super Guard Flat Tire Protection
Don't let another flat tire ruin your ride. For $50, we'll "Super Guard" your bike and guarantee no flats for a whole year. We'll install the industry's leading sealant in both tires and back it up with a one year flat free guarantee. If you get a flat in the first year, just bring it in and we'll fix it for you the same day - free of charge. You don't even need to save your receipt; we keep a record in your customer account to help make it as easy as possible to get you back out on your bike. Stop in today!
*Bike must have replaceable valve core inner tubes. If it does not, they will need to be purchased and installed separately at extra cost. We reserve the right to refund your $50 and end the guarantee if we determine the number of free repairs to be excessive.

I just swapped the Smart Sams on my "standard" Moscow for Schwalbe Marathon E-Plus today. So far so good. I have had three punctures in the last two months (two rear, one front) so I thought I would give the extra protection a try, plus my commute is all road or hard bike paths and even when I go off road in Brisbane it is usually firm and dry. I can always swap back to the Smart Sams if I'm doing a rail trail ride or similar. They are amazingly quiet and obviously smooth rolling - looking forward to tomorrow morning's commute. (Just to top things off I got my fourth puncture in two months on another of my bikes - a Honda CBR1100XX, so surely I have used up all my bad luck for now?)

Back