11 year old duel battery ebike.

EdC

Eleven years ago I bought Giant Freedom Dx duel battery electric bike for $2099. It has a electric motor in the front wheel and a 7 speed internal hub in the rear wheel. I’ve put over 25000 miles on that bike . When it was new I could get 75 miles out of those batteries using the middle of the three power settings. Today I’m getting about 35 miles out of the original batteries. I recently bought a new mid drive Bosch powered ebike. I paid $3600 for it and I’m wondering if It will still be useable 11 years from now, like my Giant ebike. Ed

I was just thinking that 11 years ago, I didn't even know about electric bikes. I wasn't exposed to them until maybe 3 years ago!

11 years on a 2100. e-bike. Outstanding. Thanks for posting.

Eleven years ago I bought Giant Freedom Dx duel battery electric bike for $2099. It has a electric motor in the front wheel and a 7 speed internal hub in the rear wheel. I’ve put over 25000 miles on that bike . When it was new I could get 75 miles out of those batteries using the middle of the three power settings. Today I’m getting about 35 miles out of the original batteries. I recently bought a new mid drive Bosch powered ebike. I paid $3600 for it and I’m wondering if It will still be useable 11 years from now, like my Giant ebike. Ed
Hi Ed,
Could you please tell what the Ah rating of the batteries is, and do you know the type of cell used?

I would assume you will see similar life from your new bike, just give it the same care as your old one. 11 years ago I was riding my Orbia road bike, wish I had discovered ebikes then.

Back