My Espin Sport

Does anyone remember what size seatpost the Sport has? I ordered a new one and I want to order my Suntour XP seatpost in advance.

Reactions: BET
I think I have a slow leak on Sports back tire. Has anyone seen a how to video on repairing and adding Slime? I just happen to have an extra bottle layin around. Hopefully it's less drama that the XP rear tire...

@Taylor57 Did you ever change your pedals?

I installed the ones I got from Walmart, had to use the adapter but it added over an inch of outward length to them:

1602534787465.png

Do your new pedals spin more freely than the stock ones?

Gah. Didn't think to do a comparison, just took both off and put both on.

Just went out to test... seems like the new ones spin a bit more freely but not by much... wasn't really scientific but the stock ones do feel a bit tighter.

I think I have a slow leak on Sports back tire. Has anyone seen a how to video on repairing and adding Slime? I just happen to have an extra bottle layin around. Hopefully it's less drama that the XP rear tire...

Slime's video:

Seems straightforward... what was the drama on your XP?

I'm probably going to slime the Sport soon.

Every time I take the Sport out (only occasionally because I mostly ride my non ebike), I'm amazed at how well it rides non-assisted. The gearing is pretty decent and the low friction wheels probably helps with the ride (the tires are more rounded than my MTB).

Then when I think hills are going to be an issue, the Sport takes them with ease. I haven't needed higher than PAS 2 to climb hills at a reasonable pace which is pretty surprising.

@Taylor57 Regarding the reach, I actually found the stem adjusts to almost a 90 degree angle. I didn't think it did originally but I was tightening things up and noticed that I could adjust it more now. Also, you can move your seat more forward on the rails to give you shorter reach to the handlebars.

Last edited:
Every time I take the Sport out (only occasionally because I mostly ride my non ebike), I'm amazed and how well it rides non-assisted. The gearing is pretty decent and the low friction wheels probably helps with the ride (the tires are more rounded than my MTB).

Then when I think hills are going to be an issue, the Sport takes them with ease. I haven't needed higher than PAS 2 to climb hills at a reasonable pace which is pretty surprising.

@Taylor57 Regarding the reach, I actually found the stem adjusts to almost a 90 degree angle. I didn't think it did originally but I was tightening things up and noticed that I could adjust it more now. Also, you can move your seat more forward on the rails to give you shorter reach to the handlebars.

Good to know. I ordered new handlebars more like the Flow bars that I am going to try out on Sport just for the heck of it...

Sport hit 400 miles today. Just in time to give him to my older son for a couple of weeks while I recover from hernia surgery. Wouldnt you know it, the weather is finally dipping below a 100 later this week and I will be laid up on pain pills watchin TCM...

@Taylor57 Did you ever change your pedals?

I installed the ones I got from Walmart, had to use the adapter but it added over an inch of outward length to them:

View attachment 68412

Every time I take the Sport out (only occasionally because I mostly ride my non ebike), I'm amazed at how well it rides non-assisted. The gearing is pretty decent and the low friction wheels probably helps with the ride (the tires are more rounded than my MTB).

Bnerd, what did it take to get your Sport back up and running? New front wheel?

Bnerd, what did it take to get your Sport back up and running? New front wheel?

Yeah... I was pretty lucky. New front rim (tire, tube and brake disc were fine) and new pedals (right pedal was bent beyond recognition). It's scraped and dinged in several places but I've put about 50 miles on it and it seems okay.

Back