My Espin Sport

on a side note I don't know if I should be extra proud or a little concerned because when I told my son I was thinking about getting him a sport for Christmas he said " Don't you think that's a little expensive for a Christmas present?"

I should put this sticker on my Espin:

1606180560766.png

I added a new alarm to Sport. It was mentioned by someone on EBR. Under 20 bucks and does not look too tacky even though there are zip ties involved. Here's my theory. Fully locking Sport everywhere is a PITA, but just a quick lock with Kryptonite and my new alarm may deter AGB a tad. (Angle Grinder Boy)

has anyone tried swapping out the standard LCD display with the color LCD that comes with the Nesta and Nero? is the color LCD even compatible with the Sport.

here’s the response from Espin on the Kenda tire replacement issue.

“The Kenda Komfort tires we normally use are in heavy demand; we've been unable to procure enough of these tires to outfit all our bikes - the manufacturer is backed up all the way through late 2021. So, we chose tires of similar quality for the interim. You may be able to get Kenda Komfort tires on Amazon or through bike shops, if they still have them in stock; just make sure to match the tire dimensions precisely.“

I added a new alarm to Sport. It was mentioned by someone on EBR. Under 20 bucks and does not look too tacky even though there are zip ties involved. Here's my theory. Fully locking Sport everywhere is a PITA, but just a quick lock with Kryptonite and my new alarm may deter AGB a tad. (Angle Grinder Boy)

What alarm is it?

@BET How does the Sport compare to the 500?
I don't know if you updated or not but I was curious as to how you like it without the fenders? I ordered a blue sport for my son that'll be here a little after Christmas hopefully. I took the rear wheel off my 700 series yesterday to try to adjust the fender a little better as it has been the source of occasional rubbing for me. I had some trouble getting the wheel back on as it was the first time doing it with this bike so I took the fender off and got it back on without the fender. I do like the look so I'm thinking about leaving it that way and taking off the front. Only thing is while I usually don't ride in the rain the one trail I ride on has puddles and muddy spots for a couple days after rain sometimes..

I guess it looks Sportier (pun intended) without fenders.

Like you, I don’t have much water on my trails so I don’t really need them. I didn’t have to take off the back tire to remove the fender, just deflated the tire so I could get to the screw.

I guess it looks Sportier (pun intended) without fenders.

Like you, I don’t have much water on my trails so I don’t really need them. I didn’t have to take off the back tire to remove the fender, just deflated the tire so I could get to the screw.
I think my rear fender can be removed also without taking off the wheel, like you I would have to let the air out to access that one screw, but I wanted to modify it slightly. The side with the brake rotor is a little closer to the frame than the side with the cassette. I don't know if that's usual or not. But it looks like the holes for attaching the fender to the rack or centered so I think it tends to rub on the rotor side. So I was going to use a file to make the notch a little bigger on the one side so I could shift it over about an eighth of an inch. I'm in the suburbs of Philly and we get a good bit of rain, like today, and I do like to go out once the rain stops so I might end up putting it on but I think I do like the way it looks better with it off. and I don't know about you but a little rubbing noise is annoying to me while I'm riding. Once I get going I don't really hear it too much but still.

Yeah, I would keep the fenders on if you get rain and puddles.

That's not something common in SoCal anymore... the drought is nice for riding year round... but not for the environment. :(

One other thing is I don't have rack so when I go to rides not close to me, I put my bike in my van, so the fenders would be an issue.

This one. I really like it. If I stop at the club to hit golf balls, I can just click it on not have to use all my locks. If someone touches in or brushes against it, it lets out a loud chirp. If someone try's to move the bike it gets really loud. Definitely worth 15 bucks delivered. Took me 5 minutes to install...

i was leaning toward this one since it had a way to mount it...

This one. I really like it. If I stop at the club to hit golf balls, I can just click it on not have to use all my locks. If someone touches in or brushes against it, it lets out a loud chirp. If someone try's to move the bike it gets really loud. Definitely worth 15 bucks delivered. Took me 5 minutes to install...

also this one since harder to roll bike

Last edited:
has anyone tried swapping out the standard LCD display with the color LCD that comes with the Nesta and Nero? is the color LCD even compatible with the Sport.
I have the same question. Have you been able to learn more about this?

eSpin said it wasn't possible to swap displays before delivery.
Did you ask about buying the color display and swapping yourself? Their response to me have been hit or miss. Very responsive to other questions before my order, much slower since I placed my Sport order...

Did you ask about buying the color display and swapping yourself? Their response to me have been hit or miss. Very responsive to other questions before my order, much slower since I placed my Sport order...
I could not get an answer out of espin on that question. Not sure they even sell the color LCD separately. Let us know if you have any luck on this.

Back