'Zen Skunkworks' - a new model in the development

Frey is also building similar to the Bulls bike.

View attachment 157650
Color choice and flower basket are killing me 🙃
And it could be the camera angle but it doesn't seem to have an aggressive stance as the Bulls or Ravi_ride.
Seems the M560 is the new motor of choice and that 2023 is the year of the all new model release. Especially in step_thru.

Last edited:
Color choice and flower basket are killing me 🙃
And it could be the camera angle but it doesn't seem to have an aggressive stance as the Bulls or Ravi_ride.
Seems the M560 is the new motor of choice and that 2023 is the year of the all new model release. Especially in step_thru.
Minus the flower basket 😎. Also Frey will paint your bike any colour you want if you are prepared to wait …..I’m sure there will be other standard colours too.

96174B45-5B09-4082-9A08-41058ED4CA9B.jpeg

Minus the flower basket 😎. Also Frey will paint your bike any colour you want if you are prepared to wait …..I’m sure there will be other standard colours too.

View attachment 157660
Yes I'm aware... Frey's at the top of my list. Not sure what advantage this bike has over the CC. Weight maybe. New motor looks really promising but not much info out on it from end users. It's CANBUS and so far Bafang hasn't gotten that right. Well not as right as a programmable UART Ultra.

We are very aware of other competitors in the field and not intimidated by any because we are in it for the long haul. It is not just about selling some bikes now but who will have the best technology and product support down the road. Frey released their bike after we showed some renderings here, and one of their salespeople also reached out to me a few months ago. Customers are smart and they realize where the real value is and there is of course DIY crowd who would rather do everything on their own.
Anyway, we will keep our focus on building the best batteries and mobility products.

We customized a bike for our EBR contributor @Gionnirocket .
During the build process, a Govt officer was so impressed by the bike and commented that it was the most powerful bike he had ever ridden.
Some fine upgrades to this full-suspension, all-terrain bike with Bafang Ultra motor (UART based):
  • Rohloff Speedhub
  • 4-piston SRAM brakes front and rear
  • Rear rack and SKS fenders
  • Johnny Watts 365 tires
  • Ergon grips
1691963732965.png

1691963945638.png

This was during the build process before installing the Rohloff Speedhub.

1691963888736.png

We customized a bike for our EBR contributor @Gionnirocket .
During the build process, a Govt officer was so impressed by the bike and commented that it was the most powerful bike he had ever ridden.
Some fine upgrades to this full-suspension, all-terrain bike with Bafang Ultra motor (UART based):
  • Rohloff Speedhub
  • 4-piston SRAM brakes front and rear
  • Rear rack and SKS fenders
  • Johnny Watts 365 tires
  • Ergon grips
View attachment 160267

View attachment 160269

This was during the build process before installing the Rohloff Speedhub.

View attachment 160268
Thanks Rav'
Contributer? I've been called a lot of things here on EBR, but contributer is definitely the nicest 🙃

The bike should ship today as all that's left is to review the programming and boxing it up... that is if I can keep from adding any more extras. Working with Ravi and his support team has been a pleasure and all have been very accommodating.

I do have to add that personally Ravi has taken it beyond the next level and spent a lot of time following up with me on the bike as well as taking a genuine concern for my stressful situation at home. I consider him a friend and with all the interesting projects he's working on I can only wish him the very best and great success with all his innovative ventures.

So Two questions...
  • Can we buy that bike?
  • Could it be configured with the Enviolo and automatic?

@Gionnirocket, you rascal, we want to hear from you on the bike :)

I was thinking to start a dedicated thread once I have the bike in hand.

Probably best answered by Ravi.. but at the time of my decision to go with this custom ride the current plans for this frame style were for a similar bike with a CANBUS M560. Me wanting programmability I decided not to wait for a production bike and take this UART M620 proto off his hands.

Funny side note.. I think my BBS02B build knows somethings up and that it will be #2 soon as yesterday with a little more time available than usual I had my best ride in quite a long while.
32.5mi averaging 14.1mph and only 7.5wh/mi... feeling exhilarated and with none of the typical pains, I was running with the devil.
All on a late morning, sunny, very hilly ride with a starting temp of 85° and a dew point of 70°. Everyone I crossed paths with was a sweaty steaming mess whether walking, jogging or riding.

Last edited:
Me wanting programmability I decided not to wait for a production bike and take this UART M620 proto off his hands.
It will be interesting to see what programming you end up doing after your previous participation in the "Ultra Tuning" threads before you owned an Ultra.

As long as you mentioned the damage on the UPS delivery paper in writing and made a copy, he can place a claim with them.

We can offer it with the German 3X3 hub. We understand the Ultra motor has a lot of power and 3x3 hub is designed to take 250Nm of torque and in the long-run, it will be a better choice.
Ravi,

Could you kindly check your mailbox please? I have sent you a 3x3 Nine hub related questions but these have remained unanswered for a number of days now. Perhaps you have not seen it?

Thanks

Ravi,

Could you kindly check your mailbox please? I have sent you a 3x3 Nine hub related questions but these have remained unanswered for a number of days now. Perhaps you have not seen it?

Thanks

I did see the message and immediately forwarded it to our supply chain manager. Let me follow up and get this sorted out for you. If you can share your email in a private message, I will connect you with our team to get this done.

I did see the message and immediately forwarded it to our supply chain manager. Let me follow up and get this sorted out for you. If you can share your email in a private message, I will connect you with our team to get this done.
Hi Ravi, private email address shared now in a private message. Thank you for helping out.

Back