York County,Pa. USA YCP Bans all ebikes on local rail trail

In other good news, Maryland has also allowed the use of class 1 ebikes on the Torry C Brown trail (formerly NCR trail) connecting to the YCP's Heritage trail. This gives us a whopping 47 continuous trail miles to enjoy. As you climb from the southern terminus at Ashland , MD, you are riding north through the Gunpowder River drainage system. After cresting at the highest point on the trail, just into Pennsylvania, you enter the Codorus river watershed. Both systems eventually drain into the Chesapeake Bay. I highly recommend the Md section from Whitehall,Md north to New Freedom , Pa. (about 10-12 miles).
It gets better!! Md also has allowed class one's on another of my favorite trails: The Western Md. rail trail. Almost 30 miles of blacktop riding along the Potomac River and the C&O canal trail. A new section has been added to the western end and an awesome surprise awaits at the end. After a detour around a closed railway tunnel (turned into a bat sanctuary, which you can peek into and see the other end almost a mile away) the trail..... Sorry, I can't remember, you'll have to ride there and see for yourself!

In other good news, Maryland has also allowed the use of class 1 ebikes on the Torry C Brown trail (formerly NCR trail) connecting to the YCP's Heritage trail. This gives us a whopping 47 continuous trail miles to enjoy. As you climb from the southern terminus at Ashland , MD, you are riding north through the Gunpowder River drainage system. After cresting at the highest point on the trail, just into Pennsylvania, you enter the Codorus river watershed. Both systems eventually drain into the Chesapeake Bay. I highly recommend the Md section from Whitehall,Md north to New Freedom , Pa. (about 10-12 miles).
It gets better!! Md also has allowed class one's on another of my favorite trails: The Western Md. rail trail. Almost 30 miles of blacktop riding along the Potomac River and the C&O canal trail. A new section has been added to the western end and an awesome surprise awaits at the end. After a detour around a closed railway tunnel (turned into a bat sanctuary, which you can peek into and see the other end almost a mile away) the trail..... Sorry, I can't remember, you'll have to ride there and see for yourself!
How about changing the thread title to "Allows eBikes on trails again"?😁

Thank you, JR and Shoestring and your friends for your efforts to get access for ebikes. Congratulations too on a big win,

Hey, if I ever get out there, I will take my throttles off to ride those paths/

The detour on the WMD trail around the bat cave (Indigo tunnel) is via the C&O Canal towpath trail. I rode it last month and will do so again in Oct. It is indeed a great ride! I'm not sure what you mean by a surprise at the end of the WMD unless it's Bills Place bar, a great spot to stop for a cold one & a sandwich. The trail now ends at an abandoned railroad bridge over the Potomac River. There are plans in the works to rehab the bridge and extend the trail into Paw Paw, WV.

The detour on the WMD trail around the bat cave (Indigo tunnel) is via the C&O Canal towpath trail. I rode it last month and will do so again in Oct. It is indeed a great ride! I'm not sure what you mean by a surprise at the end of the WMD unless it's Bills Place bar, a great spot to stop for a cold one & a sandwich. The trail now ends at an abandoned railroad bridge over the Potomac River. There are plans in the works to rehab the bridge and extend the trail into Paw Paw, WV.
The one and only time I visited Bill’s Place, I was greeted with a sign that said “If we’d known there’d be such a big fuss, we’d have picked the damn cotton ourselves.” I can wait to eat.

Back