Yamee?

kmccune

Well I got the new Yamee "fat bear plus" out today and was running it for a "shakedown", Ride- great, Brakes -great, Regen-?, level speed scary, pulling- will only pull 283 watts on a climb, disappointed.
I had the thing in sport mode on level 3 wasn't getting much, when I twisted the throttle it took off like a scalded ape 32+mph, WTF? I thought it was going to pull better, the 350 watt Eahora with controller upgrade does better, why is this thing so fast on the level? (it was pulling 800 watts) I do not like the way this bike behaves. I have had or owned 3 other folders and they would pull great.
Both "ECO-TRICS" ( even the 36 volt one- would run circles around my "Fat-Bear" )on a hill, the "XP" did pretty good, the trouble with it was it sucked the battery down too fast and I didn't like the frame. I believe this is my last venture into 20" Folders, should have kept the cruiser( it pulled like gangbusters.)
Perhaps the DD motor in the FatBear is the disappointment( Eahora same way-does pretty good now)
Will have to do a little research, the watt limit on PA might be the problem

Well I got the new Yamee "fat bear plus" out today and was running it for a "shakedown", Ride- great, Brakes -great, Regen-?, level speed scary, pulling- will only pull 283 watts on a climb, disappointed.
I had the thing in sport mode on level 3 wasn't getting much, when I twisted the throttle it took off like a scalded ape 32+mph, WTF? I thought it was going to pull better, the 350 watt Eahora with controller upgrade does better, why is this thing so fast on the level? (it was pulling 800 watts) I do not like the way this bike behaves. I have had or owned 3 other folders and they would pull great.
Both "ECO-TRICS" ( even the 36 volt one- would run circles around my "Fat-Bear" )on a hill, the "XP" did pretty good, the trouble with it was it sucked the battery down too fast and I didn't like the frame. I believe this is my last venture into 20" Folders, should have kept the cruiser( it pulled like gangbusters.)
Perhaps the DD motor in the FatBear is the disappointment( Eahora same way-does pretty good now)
Will have to do a little research, the watt limit on PA might be the problem

Attachments

• 20210514_185548.jpg
    20210514_185548.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 309
Well I got a new controller and from the get go it feels better, as you implied the old controller didn't seem to be programable from the display.Will run through the settings( the new controller seems much better quality than the old one) The new controller was slightly bigger and I had to pull the wires out and bundle them, wasn't much room in the frame"tube"

Back