X3 Pro from Amazon arrived fine, but will only do 22MPH top speed.

pullings

Region
USA
Everything went together fine.
Bike is advertised as a 28MPH maximum speed. Will only do 22MHP on freshly charged pack at highest level (which is set to 100%).
I only weigh 170lbs.
Advanced setup is as follows:
26" wheel.
31 MPH maximum
22 Amps maximum
Using default PAS power setup (0-3 levels @ 0/50%/70%/100% ).

What size is the motor? 350w? 36w battery? Edit; X3 I looked at said 24-26mph top speed.

26" wheel.
31 MPH maximum
22 Amps maximum
As I recall my Advanced setup had the tires as being 28". Distances against GPS seems correct. Could the 26" setting be the cause of the speed appearing slower than you expect?

The X3 I bought from Wallke via Amazon specs are here:
"750W Brushless Motor Maximum Speed Can Reach 28- 30MPH(No load throttle with full charge)"

In regards to speed. I also initially thought it was an error due to wheel-size setting. Howerver, the bike's controller is FASTER by about 1MPH when wheel setting is 26" than actual reading on my GPS bike-computer that I mounted side by side with Wallke controller. 22MPH is maximum (usually less) using GPS speed reference.

Everything went together fine.
Bike is advertised as a 28MPH maximum speed. Will only do 22MHP on freshly charged pack at highest level (which is set to 100%).
I only weigh 170lbs.
26" wheel.
31 MPH maximum
22 Amps maximum
Change your wheel size to 28.

The X3 I bought from Wallke via Amazon specs are here:
"750W Brushless Motor Maximum Speed Can Reach 28- 30MPH(No load throttle with full charge)"

In regards to speed. I also initially thought it was an error due to wheel-size setting. Howerver, the bike's controller is FASTER by about 1MPH when wheel setting is 26" than actual reading on my GPS bike-computer that I mounted side by side with Wallke controller. 22MPH is maximum (usually less) using GPS speed reference.
As was mentioned, 'no load' speed is the speed without any weight or resistance; no rider, bike weight or road. The full description for speed on Amazon:

"750W Brushless Motor Maximum Speed Can Reach 28- 30MPH(No load throttle with full charge), 48V14Ah Samsung Lithium Battery, Charging Time 5-7 hours (Using level 1, the load throttle speed is about 12-14MPH, the riding range is about 50-55 miles) (Using level 2 the load throttle speed is about 16-20MPH, the riding range is about 40-45 miles ) (Using level 3, the load throttle speed is about 24-26MPH, riding range is about 30-35 miles)"

The load speed appears to be as low as 24 mph.

What does ”no load throttle” mean?

Change your wheel size to 28.
Sure, that will make it read faster (reads 24mph....but is not actual speed), but bike is still only going 21-22MHP actual speed (per GPS reading) maximum. The default setting for bike at level 3 is 96% full-speed which only goes about 20MPH maximum. Once I kick up the maximum 22 amps (sport mode on some models) and set speed for "level 3" at 100% it will go 21-22MPH maximum.

Last edited:
That does seem slightly slow for the 750 with that configuration, but probably not far off. My Rize X with a 48V 750hub can generally reach 28-30mph on throttle only with great smooth asphalt, no wind, and ~20psi in the fat tires. I can pedal it up to 35mph with a significant cadence, and 24mph is absolutely easy in any configuration. I have compared my displays with phone GPS apps for accuracy. Efficiency drops fast if I lower the tire pressure, even slightly rougher asphalt makes a surprising difference, and of course riding position becomes a factor at top speed. Tall riders are a big sail (or anchor).

If all else fails, add more racing stripes! lol

Thanks all for replies.
The X3 Pro is a very nicely packaged ebike. Smooth, OK 750W-ish power, and flexible programming. I love the fat-tire ride with suspension. And it fits me well.
So far my complaints include:
Lower than advertised top speed.
Lower than advertised range. I only got 26 miles on my first full charge. Riding mostly on level 2. Advertised range is 40-45 miles on level-2 with no pedaling.
Documentation not that great. This forum has been my go-to place for information.
Regenerative braking implementation is terrible.

I'm beginning to think that there might be a problem with my battery? The combination of very low range and low maximum speed (low current delivery?) leads me to believe maybe I have a defective cell or two in my pack?? I'm going to charge it tonight and see how things go on 2nd charge. I'll send Wallke an email request for help if my range does not improve on next charge.

Thanks all for replies.
The X3 Pro is a very nicely packaged ebike. Smooth, OK 750W-ish power, and flexible programming. I love the fat-tire ride with suspension. And it fits me well.
Lower than advertised range. I only got 26 miles on my first full charge. Riding mostly on level 2. Advertised range is 40-45 miles on level-2 with no pedaling.
Documentation not that great. This forum has been my go-to place for information.

I'm beginning to think that there might be a problem with my battery? The combination of very low range and low maximum speed (low current delivery?) leads me to believe maybe I have a defective cell or two in my pack?? I'm going to charge it tonight and see how things go on 2nd charge. I'll send Wallke an email request for help if my range does not improve on next charge.
You can't really evaluate the battery until you have at least 2-3 charge and discharge cycles with enough time for a balancing on each. The new batteries often have some cell imbalances as they are not fully charged and load tested at the factory. Most user manuals suggest at least one full charge for 12 hours or more for a new battery to help balance the cells. I have found they seem to stabilize after 2-3 charges and then you can get a better idea of your actual performance.

My Rize 750 hub tends to get about 25 miles at mid-high PAS setting (3 of 5) and mixed terrain. I do have a large 19.2 Ah battery. With medium to low PAS (2 or 3 of 5), I can get 50+ miles if I put in the majority of the effort and no big hills. With max PAS and full-throttle commutes at 25-30mph, it can be as low as 15 miles. Temperature also makes a HUGE difference. Winter riding anywhere near the freezing level results in at least a 50% range reduction, and some noticeable power loss. Battery covers help a fair bit.

And no ebike manufacturer has been able to produce any kind of decent regen yet. Bikes and riders just don't have enough mass to be efficient. Seems like 5% regen is a best case scenario.

You can't really evaluate the battery until you have at least 2-3 charge and discharge cycles with enough time for a balancing on each.
<snip>
And no ebike manufacturer has been able to produce any kind of decent regen yet. Bikes and riders just don't have enough mass to be efficient. Seems like 5% regen is a best case scenario.
Agree regarding charge cycles. Will hopefully see an improvement.
Regarding your observed range....that is fine if it is within specs given by manufacturer....but NOT FINE if the vendor advertises something totally different that what you are observing under conditions described by vendor.
Regarding regen, the current implementation by Wallke does not even use the brake lever for input when regen is applied. It simply occurs automatically when in lowest levels when speeds are above 14MPH. So if your coasting or pedaling, regen kicks in (even if you dont want it!). Every regenerative braking implementation I've ever used only activates when brakes are LIGHTLY applied (the point before brake pads even touch rotors). The regen system needs to be brake activated.

Thanks all for replies.

>Advertised range is 40-45 miles on level-2 with no pedaling

That's never going to happen at any reasonable speed, It might happen with no rider. Maybe on their web sight they have a rider weight and speed for that spec. If you pedal and don't over accelerate you should be able to achieve that.

The Amazon listing says:
(Using level 2 the load throttle speed is about 16-20MPH, the riding range is about 40-45 miles )

I don't see them stating that range without pedaling. I would expect typical range for the battery capacity.

It's a valid point to also consider that most bike manufacturers don't mean 'Throttle Only" when they say "Under Throttle". That just means you are manually using the throttle to augment your pedalling instead of relying on the PAS. You always burn more power when you manually pin the throttle for every hill, or are inconsistent with your input, so that is why that note on lower range is in there. We tend to expect that it means throttle only - no pedalling, because that's how we like to test things as an end user, but that is not really how these bikes are ridden 99% of the time, so it really is an arbitrary measurement. Like the quarter mile track performance of your minvan.

The exception is when they are referring to a top speed "With Throttle" which CAN mean throttle only, but all too often it just means the top possible (practical) speed with both max throttle and reasonable pedal effort. There are no standards to the language, and of course any marketing department is going to try and manipulate the language to get a perceived additional value. You have to read carefully, and research the real world reviews, with a shaker of salt in hand...

>Advertised range is 40-45 miles on level-2 with no pedaling

That's never going to happen at any reasonable speed,

Nonsense. As a consumer, I expect to receive the stated service/goods represented by vendor for any item I purchase.
I expect range might improve a bit after a few cycles of battery. I'll post back the actual AH capacity next time the battery needs to be charged. :)

Last edited:
I did 41.8 mph. ........ downhill
5E251527-7035-4CF8-97F6-BE63EFCA5027.png

I went ahead and built my own ebike.
X3 Pro great value and performance for the price, but I needed a bit more.
I no longer own it.
Settled on this build:
Summary 26" Fatbike, aluminum frame, 1500w hub motor, 48V 30AH pack, 34MPH top speed on flat ground.
It took me 45 days to build and dial-in. I did my first 30-mile off-road trip today. Loved it.
Frame: Framed Minnesota 2.0 18". 175mm ODA rear hub
142.00​
Front Fork: Bolany fat Air 135mm Straight
140.00​
Headset 28.6mm fork, ZS44 (44mm press fit cup)
12.00​
Fork headset spacer set
9.00​
Handlebar:
25.00​
Seat post/clamp 30.9mmx400mm
25.00​
Seat
16.00​
Motor: Bafang RMG062 1000W 48V CST Geared motor:
243.00​
Controller: 1500w/60v
30.00​
Battery 21700 cells: QB27100 x 72
185.00​
Battery cell spacers 20x13P honeycomb 21700
18.00​
2x 15x15" aluminum plates for ebike triangle box build
42.00​
.5x.5 1/16th aluminum angle 8-feet
8.00​
Nickel Strip Tab 0.15mm x 22.7mm offset
18.29​
12V regulator for ebike lighting, USB charger, power meter
16.00​
Front Rim 26" 32H 80mm
55.00​
Front Spokes kit
36.00​
Front wheel hub
28.00​
Rear Rim 26" 36H 80mm
55.00​
Rear Spoke kit
36.00​
Rear 8SP cassette
18.00​
8 speed SRAM SP-830 chain
14.00​
8-Speed Rear Derailleur Schmimano Altus
23.00​
Bottom Bracket 100mm SRAM GXP
42.00​
2X tires 26x4
80.00​
Rotors 203mm front (and 203mm IS adapter), 160mm back
25.00​
Hydraulic brake set
53.00​
2x tubes 26x4
22.00​
TOTAL Price.
1,406.29​

Attachments

• IMG_7742.jpg
    IMG_7742.jpg
    805.7 KB · Views: 346
  • 20210220_142019.jpg
    20210220_142019.jpg
    349.8 KB · Views: 330
  • 20210217_135022.jpg
    20210217_135022.jpg
    382.6 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_8624.jpg
    IMG_8624.jpg
    486.4 KB · Views: 343
it has been my experience with all e-bike manufactures that the "top speed" is rated by having zero load on the bike, i.e. the rear tire is off the ground and you give it full throttle. no weight, no load, no resistance.

advertised top speed will never be achieved once you add the rider, water bottles, rack, cargo, etc.

Back