Worth the wait, Hydra is here.

Acme is right, the nut inside my rear swingarm pivot fell off in just a few weeks. Need to blue loctite and torque check all the pivots, shock attachments and other fasteners that need it.

That makes sense, the nuts with the bike are machined to have a wide-smooth flush fit in the suspension recess to avoid grabbing anything but peace of mind and carrying backup nylon nuts would be handy. Do you have the threading and size for most of the pivots?
RearSuspensionNutMissing.jpg

For all of you with the stock throttle, it's pretty easy to replace the hall effect sensor with a Honeywell SS49e (https://www.newark.com/honeywell/ss49e/hall-effect-sensor-linear-sip/dp/09J1786) and get MASSIVELY improved throttle response, it no longer results in on/off performance, it's pretty smooth for me now.

I used toothpicks to separate the two halves of the throttle housing (there's clips on the inside of the ring), removed the little board with the sensor, soldered the new sensor to the three wires, cut everything off the little board, glued it to the board in the same spot, then re-assembled the throttle.

@Jayaznpride wrote it up on his Hydra thread, I wrote some info about it on my own Hydra thread as well.

Great info, thanks for posting that

I ordered some of those thinner throttles but it will probably be a while for them to get here, when I have a chance to test them out some I’ll let you know if they were any better

But I’m very interested in doing this upgrade you guys are talking about, I wish someone would just make the throttles with the sensor so I can purchase it

Vincent, looking forward to your review on the thinner throttle.
If you don't notice an improvement I don't mind doing a bit of soldering, since I just received the cordless Milwauklee I ordered. ⚡

Got the left hand throttle bexamous recommended and it's smooth with ability to feather power in gently. Ergonomics feels better than stock as well. Here's a pic of it with the Highline dropper remote I have mounted above bar.

CaliforniaEbikeLHThrottle.jpeg

FYI for the throttle source. They were great to deal with and price is reasonable.

I just went on the link to order the throttle. $42 US to ship to Canada!!!!! 😡
That's f*cking insane! I'll suffer with the stock throttle.

Is everything that way up there? like if I send it to you from AZ?
It seems like I have one of those from California ebike somewhere and I ended up not using it

Won’t be home to check the parts box for a few days but I’ll look for it and you can have it if I do

Most US online stores don't offer international USPS shipping options. It's usually only expensive couriers for some reason.

Sorry that's such a PITA, it's also known as a 108X throttle and you can search on Amazon/eBay for options. If you don't want to mess with customizing/soldering connector take a look at the original link. Also be sure the side you want, original throttle is left hand.

The only inexpensive (relatively speaking) way to ship anything from the US to Canada is via USPS.
Using any other carrier has always been more expensive (My experience) and now it's worse.

Up until 5 years ago I lived close to the Canada/US border and I could get packages shipped to a small town on the US side of the border and drive across to pick it up.
For many years I was into air cooled VWs and saved a bundle shipping packages to that small US town.
After I retired I moved to Vancouver Island, off the coast of British Columbia, so driving across the border no longer works for me. :(

TDA78, thanks for the link.

There are ALWAYS more bolts. I was riding and kept hearing a noise I couldn't place, after looking 50 times I finally see it, a bolt in rear triangle is almost fully backed out. In fact I see it, I stop and get off bike, and me getting off bike the the final straw and falls out. Good timing on my part, haha. The bolt an inch from rear axle. It is covered in grease, but I'm seeing no locktite on threads. There is a ton of dirt on threads, so I think the nut actually fell off on a previous ride and I just hadn't noticed.

I just pushed bolt back and and rode home looking back frequently, it never shifted a mm riding calmly on smooth straight trail.

But now I need to find a replacement... anyone know where to get the 12mm nut that goes on other side?

20211228_163231.jpg

That's the nut that fell off mine. Would suggest submitting a ticket with WW. They might be able to help.

When the nut came off in my case it was a cyclical metal on metal grinding sound on wheel rotations. Not sure exactly what was grinding but probably brake disc on something. Good to check the bike on any unfamiliar noises. Last week I heard a light clicking on the 50T rear cog, tuned the shifting and still heard it. Lubed the chain and it went away, lots of wet/grimy rides lately. I'm in Carmel, would be good to get some bay area Hydra folks together for a ride.

Back