World War III

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re being scammed….if it’s not ol’ Al Gore, it’s Biden’s energy secretary, or Pelosi and her husband. When will the politicians stop trying to profit from their preaching? They’re no better than television evangelists.

Biden called out over warning to Big Oil as energy secretary exercises electric car stock options​

Nancy Pelosi’s husband, Paul, buys Tesla stock worth $2.2M​

More on what is going on with oil prices...

Highlights:
  • More oil is being produced domestically during the first years of the Biden administration than in any years of the Trump administration.
  • "Investor Pressure to Maintain Capital Discipline" is the #1 reason oil companies give to not increase production.

Highlights:
  • More oil is being produced domestically during the first years of the Biden administration than in any years of the Trump administration.
It takes a numbskull to buy into that pile of leftoid propaganda. Trump had to ramp up production 50% after Obama. It didn't happen overnight, so Obama's low figures held down Trump's, initially The demented puppet then took over a strong situation and is wrecking it. Plus adding ethanol - which sucks.

Last edited:

Highlights:
  • "Investor Pressure to Maintain Capital Discipline" is the #1 reason oil companies give to not increase production.
Seems @Handlebars is correct. The .gov statistics show that oil production dropped off concurrent with the pandemic, and has not yet recovered. The above quoted article is patently false.

As to maintaining capital discipline, that means “don’t invest when the future looks shaky”. Biden’s pressure on the Fed to hold rates down for so long has only worsened inflation (Don’t worry, its transitory), and has us headed for a recession, so being cautious sounds like common-sense decision-making to me. Oh, and I do realize Trump was pressuring the Fed as well, so please don’t go there. None of us really know how he would have handled this, but we can see what Biden is doing. Let’s focus on the latter.

And back to the War. From the

Did you even read the article?

The numbers check out exactly with the EIA numbers. So unless they are lying too you are missing something.
Yes, I read the article….and I looked closely at the EIA numbers.

If you look at the EIA numbers month-by-month for the past several years, you’ll notice that they dropped off significantly after the pandemic lockdowns were implemented. They’re still over a million barrels per day lower than pre-pandemic.

I had a discussion with my neighbor about gas prices while he was eagerly showing me the new V8 he purchased for his boat. “Now with Biden I can hardly put gas into it.”
”What does Biden have to do with gas prices?”
“Trump kept gas prices down.”
”Why didn’t you get the new motor then?”
”I wasn’t working much.”
Remember that when gas hovered at two bucks unemployment was almost 15%. Oil was so cheap with no market there was no place to store it. Many of the marginal wells (fracking) shut down. Now that Covid is somewhat controlled the world, despite continuing supply chain problems, is open for business. And the war, another one about oil, is happening. Is that so difficult to remember? It’s recent history…there are other factors like the terrible McConnell tax giveaway or the grotesque actions of the Saudi’s…but “it’s Biden” is a lot easier to say when you’re going out fishing.

I had a discussion with my neighbor about gas prices while he was eagerly showing me the new V8 he purchased for his boat. “Now with Biden I can hardly put gas into it.”
”What does Biden have to do with gas prices?”
“Trump kept gas prices down.”
”Why didn’t you get the new motor then?”
”I wasn’t working much.”
Remember that when gas hovered at two bucks unemployment was almost 15%. Oil was so cheap with no market there was no place to store it. Many of the marginal wells (fracking) shut down. Now that Covid is somewhat controlled the world, despite continuing supply chain problems, is open for business. And the war, another one about oil, is happening. Is that so difficult to remember? It’s recent history…there are other factors like the terrible McConnell tax giveaway or the grotesque actions of the Saudi’s…but “it’s Biden” is a lot easier to say when you’re going out fishing.
Bait much?

You know what's kind of funny. Regardless of our opinions (either side), it really doesn't matter. None of us individually can change what's happening. The general public has very little power to change things in any direction. I sometimes think the strategy is to divide us folks down at ground level. Keep pedaling and have some fun!

Last edited:
demonstrably false.

TEXAS (yes texas) got about 40% of its power from wind and solar during the recent heat wave.

27 gigawatts where not too long ago there was nearly NO renewable energy. it’s an easily solvable problem if our politicians weren’t in the pocket of big oil.

adding EVs to the mix increases projected energy usage less than it increased due to other factors for the last 50 years. (estimates are around 2.2%, all in, per year vs 2.6% historically) it’s an easily solvable problem.
We are expecting record heat in the upper Midwest and they are warning of rolling blackouts, not something we have experienced before. Forcing humanity away from "fossil " fuel is a brutal and evil plan that won't end well.

demonstrably false.

TEXAS (yes texas) got about 40% of its power from wind and solar during the recent heat wave.

27 gigawatts where not too long ago there was nearly NO renewable energy. it’s an easily solvable problem if our politicians weren’t in the pocket of big oil.

adding EVs to the mix increases projected energy usage less than it increased due to other factors for the last 50 years. (estimates are around 2.2%, all in, per year vs 2.6% historically) it’s an easily solvable problem.
Don't hold your breath while they "solve" it! We are a very long way from being able to replace the energy fom 20 million barrels of oil a day, a very long way!

Last edited:
You know what's kind of funny. Regardless of our opinions (either side), it really doesn't matter. None of us individually can change what's happening. The general public has very little power to change things is any direction. I sometimes think the strategy is to divide us folks down at ground level. Keep pedaling and have some fun!
Yeah, it does seem like that’s the strategy, and perhaps it is (think George Soros). However, I sometimes think it’s also an unintended consequence of our political system, as one can’t get the media attention to win an election without platitudes, whether right or left. Other than a sudden moral shift by our politicians and media, I don’t see an alternative. But I’ll still take our system over that of Russia, China, etc.

Oh no...
What I find funny is that those who say someone has TDS, are the ones with TDS.
Kinda hilarious actually.
See ya...
Actually, those who continually bring up Trump are extremely tiresome and boring. I do not care forTrump, he was a fool who allowed the rinos to sabotage his administration.

Monthly numbers aren't likely to tell you much of anything, especially from years that can be charitably described as massive outliers like 2020 and 2021.

Anyways, back to the mindless butchery and slaughter in Ukraine. It is hard for me to imagine why anybody is fighting so hard over a town that is about the same size as Chico, CA or Yakima, WA, is largely destroyed, and where the civilians have already evacuated.

Monthly numbers aren't likely to tell you much of anything, especially from years that can be charitably described as massive outliers like 2020 and 2021.

Anyways, back to the mindless butchery and slaughter in Ukraine. It is hard for me to imagine why anybody is fighting so hard over a town that is about the same size as Chico, CA or Yakima, WA, is largely destroyed, and where the civilians have already evacuated.
Aw, the heck with the numbers. Just an insignificant difference of opinion.

It’s hard to understand war at all, though I suppose fear and greed are the primary causes. I think in this case, Russia just wants territory, as a buffer against invasion and a pathway to previously conquered territory. Of course, with territory comes natural resources as well, and a remaining populace that will ultimately need to purchase Russian-made goods.

Aw, the heck with the numbers. Just an insignificant difference of opinion.
Well, if you are getting your numbers from an imaginary friend on the internet and I am getting my number from an agency that has been tracking those numbers for over a century the difference of opinion might not be insignificant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back