Work Stand for Vado

Nxkharra

Please let me know if you use a work stand for cleaning and repair of your ebike?

what are your experiences.

Do you take the battery out before mounting your bike in stand?

I just ordered a Park 10.2.

My old cheap one was too wobbly For heavy ebike.

I have a standard bike work stand. When I work on my Pedego RidgeRider, which weighs around 45 pound with the battery out, I put one 50 pound bag of lime on each of the stand's legs to make sure the bike doesn't tip over while I'm working on it.

I use a wall mounted repair stand. Not sure of the band but a Google search brings up several versions. I clamp it in place via the seat post.

I do take the battery out so I can lift the bike myself. My 70 year old shoulders aren't what they used to be!

I will say the stand handles the Vado weight OK, but it seems at the limit of its capabilities.

Do you remove battery?
Are you happy with yours?
no as I don't 4716747168 have to lift it too high only complaint is clamp on the bottom loosens a bit when you have it fully closed. its perfect tight in the middle but it can open up.

I just splurged on the Efficient Velo Tools counterweighted work stand made in Portland Oregon. The bike is clamped on while it is on the floor and then the whole mechanism slides up the pole with a pulley at the top of the pole and a 30 lb. counter weight inside. The base plate along weights 135 lbs. Cost as much as a good Chinese ebike but if it saves injury to me or damage to a 65 lb. Riese & Muller it is worth it. https://www.efficientvelo.com/tools/ez-lift-repair-stand

20200228_133749.jpg

I just splurged on the Efficient Velo Tools counterweighted work stand made in Portland Oregon. The bike is clamped on while it is on the floor and then the whole mechanism slides up the pole with a pulley at the top of the pole and a 30 lb. counter weight inside. The base plate along weights 135 lbs. Cost as much as a good Chinese ebike but if it saves injury to me or damage to a 65 lb. Riese & Muller it is worth it. https://www.efficientvelo.com/tools/ez-lift-repair-stand

View attachment 47197
Amazing tool! I posted about it a few years ago.

I've never seen it in person. Hope you can do a dedicated review at some point.

View attachment 47197
Wow. This looks amazing. A bit too much for my use as I only want it for cleaning and lining. I am not mechanically inclined to perform other works.
my concern about the ParkTool is exactly what you stated. How am I going to pick up the 55lb bike and HOLD it to clamp. Thinking to ask my wife to help me (wishful thinking!).
Anybody else has a solution to pick up the bike and clamp?

Amazing tool! I posted about it a few years ago.

I've never seen it in person. Hope you can do a dedicated review at some point.
it would be cool to ahve mroe tools made in portland but this cost more then the electric parks stand

Looking at the Efficient Velo it gives me thoughts about making a custom bike holding bracket that would attach to one of the legs of my 10,000 lb. hoist in my shop. :D

I also am considering a Park Tool PRS-25. Will be making decision which to buy. PCS 10.2 or PRS-25
Please help.

I k
it would be cool to ahve mroe tools made in portland but this cost more then the electric parks stand
[/QUOTP
I know of one local shop that has a double and a single EVT lift. They also have a dual electric and a single manual Park for sale.

View attachment 47197

This looks great but $$$. My Park Tools rack holds the bike just fine but the dead lift is what kills me. I actually just bought a block and tackle to use from the rafters in my garage to lift the bike up to work height. Then slide in the rack and clamp it in.

An interesting thread. I added it to the Watched topics. It looks the Park 10.2 would be my next purchase.

Back