Work Stand for Vado

@martee1z have you ever mounted your bike using the top tube as opposed to seat post?
Opinion?

I used the top tube the first time I mounted the Vado to the PRS-25 stand. But then I did a more thorough read of the Turbo/Como User Manual that came with my Vado. On page 8 of the manual, under "6. GENERAL NOTES ABOUT MAINTENANCE", one of the WARNING! statements specifically says:

Capture.JPG

After reading this warning, I started using the seat post as the clamping point. But each to his/her own.

Last edited:
I used the top tube the first time I mounted the Vado to the PRS-25 stand. But then I did a more thorough read of the Turbo/Como User Manual that came with my Vado. On page 8 of the manual, under "6. GENERAL NOTES ABOUT MAINTENANCE", one of the WARNING! statements specifically says:

View attachment 47320

After reading this warning, I started using the seat post as the clamping point. But each to his/her own.
Good point. How about when we place the bike on the bike rack. Could that then cause issues? Your thoughts?

I got this on Amazon because of the 4 wide legs and the weight limit. I think it is Yaheetech or something and only about $53.00339414B3-E425-43E5-BC82-DDC59BADD3DE.png

Got this from Park Tool about which one of their stands is good for Vado:

The PRS-25 would hold it up for cleaning and lubing the chain. No portable stand however will permit the bike to rotate all around like a non-ebike would.

Park ToolCalvin Jones
5115 Hadley Ave N, St. Paul, MN 55128

Anyone using an older "Ultimate" work stand with their Vado or other 50+ lb e-bike? I was initially considering getting a new one, but after looking at these discussions and reviews of various products, besides the best ones costing $$$ it appears to me that none of them have an obvious advantage over my Ultimate. The Ultimate also seems to be at least as robust, if not more so, than most current models.

@martee1z have you ever mounted your bike using the top tube as opposed to seat post?
Opinion?
The Vado manual says somewhere that the only place you should clamp to is the seat post (as opposed to seat tube or other frame member). However, if you are clamping on the top tube at a point where the bike is balanced and you aren't planning on rotating it, I would think that you could clamp it with minimum force and be safe.

Got this from Park Tool about which one of their stands is good for Vado:

The PRS-25 would hold it up for cleaning and lubing the chain. No portable stand however will permit the bike to rotate all around like a non-ebike would.

Park ToolCalvin Jones
5115 Hadley Ave N, St. Paul, MN 55128
I've been rotating all my bikes and ebikes on my 5 year old PCS 10 with no problem. Weight capacity is 80 lb, bike 50 lb w/battery no issues. No disclaimer in the manual for ebikes. I can certainly understand some not wanting to though.

I've been rotating all my bikes and ebikes on my 5 year old PCS 10 with no problem. Weight capacity is 80 lb, bike 50 lb w/battery no issues. No disclaimer in the manual for ebikes. I can certainly understand some not wanting to though.
Currently I have no need to rotate my bike on stand as I am using it for cleaning and lube only...may be in future.

The Vado manual says somewhere that the only place you should clamp to is the seat post (as opposed to seat tube or other frame member). However, if you are clamping on the top tube at a point where the bike is balanced and you aren't planning on rotating it, I would think that you could clamp it with minimum force and be safe.
I see the warning in the manual. I will not be using tools to push and/or pull on the bike for repair. I will not be rotating the bike either. I will be washing and/or lubing only which does not require much torque.
I mount my bike on the bike rack using the top tube with all the vibration so if any issues that is going to be the culprit.

Currently I have no need to rotate my bike on stand as I am using it for cleaning and lube only...may be in future.
I think you got a wonderful stand in the 25. And the pics you posted (all of them, including the top tube mount) is how I've used my stand on many bikes including friend's bikes. That reminds me of one real issue, when friends know how much easier it is to work with a stand, your 'shop' will get popular;)

I do rotate my Vado to about 45 degrees to spray contact cleaner on the battery terminals guaranteeing that excess and contaminated cleaner leaves the bike forevermore.

I do clamp the bike by the seat post to rotate it and always remove the battery before putting it on the stand.

@Oberst not sure what type of ebike you have but if you have a bike worth $3k-$5k like most of us have please be careful about picking up a work stand ensuring it is safe for you and your bike.
Good advice. All mine are below the weight limit and I carefully check them for secure holding before doing any work. I do like the fact that it folds away to a compact package.

I do like the fold away feature of my wall mounted rack, leaves a lot of floor space when I'm not using it!

Thanks for sharing your work stands used on these heavy bikes.

My new "Lally Stand" wall mounted Bike Hand with a big steel pole mount adapter 'LCD PA'

The bike on it's Hand swings on the Lally axle because the column is a 'loose fit, not structural.

Attachments

• LallyStand.JPG
    LallyStand.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 527
  • BikeHandPoleMount.JPG
    BikeHandPoleMount.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 531

My new "Lally Stand" wall mounted Bike Hand with a big steel pole mount adapter 'LCD PA'

The bike on it's Hand swings on the Lally axle because the column is a 'loose fit, not structural.
Looks just like my wall mounted bike stand. Very 'handy'!

How do you lift that heavy bike and clamp it to the seat post? Any advice?

How do you lift that heavy bike and clamp it to the seat post? Any advice?
I always remove the battery then put my left arm under the bottom tube and lift the bike. I use my right hand to clamp the seat tube into place. I lift from the drive side so the drive train is away from the wall for cleaning, etc. The clamp has been adjusted by trial and error so it clamps without further adjustment. Better yet, when any of sons are over, I ask them to do it for old dad!

Had a great ride day before yesterday in 70+ degree temps. Today it's snowing. Gotta love the Sierra's in late winter!

Last edited:
@Sierratim thanks. For me this being new still is big challenge to raise with one arm and clamp with other.
today I placed the front wheel on a stool, raised the bike over the front wheel and clamped it. This worked fairly easy.
clamping to the top tube is easier but you guys are discouraging me to to it that way.

Back