Work Stand for Vado

An interesting thread. I added it to the Watched topics. It looks the Park 10.2 would be my next purchase.
I am currently comparing PCS 10.2 vs PRS-25. I am not a qualified technician or even experienced bike mechanic or home repair person.
I will provide my humble inexperience user input soon.
realize it will only be my opinion.

Last edited:
Please let me know if you use a work stand for cleaning and repair of your ebike?......

Hello...I use a Park Tools PRS-25 stand to work on my Vado 5. I always take the battery out before mounting the bike on the stand. Just shaving a few pounds off the bike makes securing the saddle post to the stand clamp easier. I won't say a lot easier. Because, for me anyway, the bike is still plenty heavy and a bit awkward to lift and secure to the stand. Photos show the Vado on the stand in my man cave living room. I'm not a bike mechanic by any stretch of the imagination. But I do enjoy doing repairs, mods, and upgrades myself whenever possible....with plenty of YouTube video assistance.

47287 47288

Last edited:
Wow. Nice @martee1z nice set up. Truing the wheel already? Do you have the motor cover off?

I will receive mine tomorrow. I think PRS 25 is going to be my choice. I received the PCS 10.2 today but haven't open the box. All the writeup says it is a great and superior product. Overkill for my useage of wash and lube but I might get into doing more.
please provide your review and input.
Do you have Park HBH2? Handlebar holder.
Any trick to lift the heavy bike and clamp it to seat post with the other hand?
is that Kinekt seat post? That is what I have..

Last edited:
Wow. Nice @martee1z nice set up. Truing the wheel already? Do you have the motor cover off?.......

I've been messing with truing my rotor and also my rim. But baby steps--with YouTube video help. Many, pre-internet, years ago, I tried truing a bicycle wheel myself, not having a clue what I was doing, and really screwed it up bad. Swore I'd never try again...but never say never! Motor cover is off. I reran the front headlight wire to the motor after moving headlight from handlebar to arch mount. No, I don't have the Park HbH2 Handlebar holder. Bungee cords have worked for me.

I did notice your light location. Mine is still on handlebar. Do carry a bag on your handlebar? The reason for moving the light?

do you wash your bike on this stand? Any issues wit rust? I know it is aluminum.

I did notice your light location. Mine is still on handlebar. Do carry a bag on your handlebar? The reason for moving the light?....

My bike was delivered with headlight on handlebar. The 2020 Vado 5.0 specs, shown on Specialized Vado product page, indicated the headlight was mounted on the fork arch when I ordered/bought the bike in January 2020. I told the LBS I wanted the fork arch mounting hardware, which the shop ordered for me without charge. It took almost 6 weeks for the part to arrive. I don't currently carry a bag on the handlebar. But now the option is there to do so more easily with the light mounted on the fork arch. I haven't washed the bike yet. When I do, I doubt I'll be using the stand. Probably do it outdoors without the stand. No rust. I keep the Vado inside my place when not in use and have only ridden on roadways in dry weather/no puddles.

I've had no issues with the PRS-25 stand. Works fine. Extremely sturdy. As for as lifting the bike and securing the seat post to the clamp, it's a bit of a contortionist act. So far, no hernias.

Seatpost is a Redshift Shockstop Suspension Seatpost with 27.2-30.9mm shim. No complaints.

Last edited:
My bike was delivered with headlight on handlebar. The 2020 Vado 5.0 specs, shown on Specialized Vado product page, indicated the headlight was mounted on the fork arch when I ordered/bought the bike in January 2020. I told the LBS I wanted the fork arch mounting hardware, which the shop ordered for me without charge. It took almost 6 weeks for the part to arrive. I don't currently carry a bag on the handlebar. But now the option is there to do so more easily with the light mounted on the fork arch. I haven't washed the bike yet. When I do, I doubt I'll be using the stand. Probably do it outdoors without the stand. No rust. I keep the Vado inside my place when not in use and have only ridden on roadways in dry weather/no puddles.
By rust I meant the stand not the bike. Sorry I was confusing.

I might do what you @fooferdoggie do. Clamp on the top tube instead of seat post.

Securing a heavy bike like the Vado to a work stand, using any part of the bike other than the seat post, sounds a bit risky to me, unless one is highly careful with the clamping force.

I'd be kicking myself in the derriere for a very long time if I accidentally used too much clamping pressure on the Vado's aluminum frame and ended up crushing or denting the frame. If I somehow end up injuring the seat post due to overly aggressive clamping force, the price of replacing a seat post will likely be a lot cheaper than the cost of repairing frame damage, assuming the frame damage is fixable.

One caveat regarding the seat post--make sure the seat post clamp is tightened to recommended torque to ensure the seat post doesn't slip out of the seat tube. To date, I haven't had that happen using my Vado's seat post as the clamping area for my work stand.

Last edited:
I think PRS - 25 is a keeper. Much much lighter than PCS 10.2. Very sturdy so far.
more to come
I have it mounted both on seat post and on top tube (being careful not to tighten to the point I could damage the frame).
The second method is much easier to mount without help from someone else.

Attachments

• E9F655EE-68D5-4180-B108-030024B0DE88.jpeg
    E9F655EE-68D5-4180-B108-030024B0DE88.jpeg
    599.1 KB · Views: 442
  • 26EA6F6D-1DBA-41CF-B3A3-50C4D9754DF0.jpeg
    26EA6F6D-1DBA-41CF-B3A3-50C4D9754DF0.jpeg
    697.2 KB · Views: 429
  • AAEE0DE8-6857-4829-A2B7-972E358DC81A.jpeg
    AAEE0DE8-6857-4829-A2B7-972E358DC81A.jpeg
    366.1 KB · Views: 442
Last edited:
(The Knog Oi is fantastic. Have it on the handlebars of my Vado. I hated the Specialized mirror because I had to turn my face downwards and my stomach was in the view. Replaced by the Mirrycle). Sorry for off-topic.

My issue with other types that sticks out (I realize yours fold) was I would be nervous riding between cars afraid of hitting their nice cars.

Well, I'm not in the United States so I don't know. Our drivers in Europe are obliged to keep at least 1 metre distance from a bike when overtaking and yes it is the cyclist's responsibility to take care when overtaking the cars standing under the signals on the right. Still, motorcyclists ride between the lanes in the traffic with their far wider machines, often with mirrors on either side of the handlebars...

3 feet distance law here in some states. Many drivers ignore it.
my concern is at the traffic light when I am pulling ahead. I do see your point.
I also like the low profile European look of the mirror.

Last edited:
Hello...I use a Park Tools PRS-25 stand to work on my Vado 5. I always take the battery out before mounting the bike on the stand. Just shaving a few pounds off the bike makes securing the saddle post to the stand clamp easier. I won't say a lot easier. Because, for me anyway, the bike is still plenty heavy and a bit awkward to lift and secure to the stand. Photos show the Vado on the stand in my man cave living room. I'm not a bike mechanic by any stretch of the imagination. But I do enjoy doing repairs, mods, and upgrades myself whenever possible....with plenty of YouTube video assistance.

View attachment 47287 View attachment 47288
@martee1z have you ever mounted your bike using the top tube as opposed to seat post?
Opinion?

Back