Wish someone would do an indepth review on the 700

Go on YouTube EBR did one last december.. some minor changes since but overall same bike. I based my purchase on that review.

I watched that interview and didn't think EBR gave Kevin (owner of R1Up)and the bike sufficient praise. Instead the interviewer picked at the kickstand location and how difficult the battery was to remove. It's not the bike's fault the interviewer didnt have an assistant to hold the camera. How simple is it to turn the front wheel to the side? I guess they can't call any bike perfect but these are trivial. Also I'm getting the feeling that all the bikes in the $1000 range are so similar that it's difficult to find much fault. I dunno, I'm getting cynical in my old age and suspect most commercial reviews. The review by "lumpy dog "is from an owner and is in real time. Anyway,thanks for the tip.

Also I'm getting the feeling that all the bikes in the $1000 range are so similar that it's difficult to find much fault.
Big differences between bikes. Some I would never buy, others I like a lot

Do a search of youtube - plenty of feedback from users, and check the FB Ride1Up page - plenty of smaller bits of feedback.

Lumpy Dog did a great review for his Ltd. Sure wish someone that has a 700 would take the to do likewise.
Same. The ones on Youtube are either older or very short, neither with too much information. If I can get through my shyness, maybe when my 700 ST arrives, I will do a video. Haha! 😏😄

Same. The ones on Youtube are either older or very short, neither with too much information. If I can get through my shyness, maybe when my 700 ST arrives, I will do a video. Haha! 😏😄
Hope u do, Lumpy. Only I hope I get mine before you get yours 😢

Big differences between bikes. Some I would never buy, others I like a lot

Do a search of youtube - plenty of feedback from users, and check the FB Ride1Up page - plenty of smaller bits of feedback.
Saw a review for Aventon Level where when asked why no headlight or taillight? ".Cost savings". What would they cost? $10? And their bikes are $150 more than our 700's. For some reason I didn't think Kevin @ R1Up would do that. How's that for blind faith? From the reviews where I've seen Kevin interviewed it just seems the guy has a different life outlook. My brother keeps pestering me to cancel and get an Aventon. "The best just takes longer" is what I tell him. Do you know R1UP sales exceeded $2,000,000. this year? Pretty impressive, especially in this business climate. Go KevinGo !!!

Ask EBR how much they get paid for a review and I'll match it for your video 🤭

I watched that interview and didn't think EBR gave Kevin (owner of R1Up)and the bike sufficient praise. Instead the interviewer picked at the kickstand location and how difficult the battery was to remove. It's not the bike's fault the interviewer didnt have an assistant to hold the camera. How simple is it to turn the front wheel to the side? I guess they can't call any bike perfect but these are trivial. Also I'm getting the feeling that all the bikes in the $1000 range are so similar that it's difficult to find much fault. I dunno, I'm getting cynical in my old age and suspect most commercial reviews. The review by "lumpy dog "is from an owner and is in real time. Anyway,thanks for the tip.
Saw a review for Aventon Level where when asked why no headlight or taillight? ".Cost savings". What would they cost? $10? And their bikes are $150 more than our 700's. For some reason I didn't think Kevin @ R1Up would do that. How's that for blind faith? From the reviews where I've seen Kevin interviewed it just seems the guy has a different life outlook. My brother keeps pestering me to cancel and get an Aventon. "The best just takes longer" is what I tell him. Do you know R1UP sales exceeded $2,000,000. this year? Pretty impressive, especially in this business climate. Go KevinGo !!!

Lol the LMTD doesn't have any lights. So Kevin did in fact do that.

Hard to blame manufacturers when people buy bikes like they're shopping for gas, cheapest price Uber alles. I said in a different thread that waiting for a $1000 ebike was incredibly silly because that just isn't enough money to profitably make a new e-bike with sound part choices. And some people got mad at that.

Even if you could buy a new car for $10k, I'm not sure you'd want to. But people think bikes are different and they'll cheap out and end up ahead.

(I do think R1Up has some of the best value, and that a ~$2k ebike is the sweet spot)

I said in a different thread that waiting for a $1000 ebike was incredibly silly because that just isn't enough money to profitably make a new e-bike with sound part choices.

For ebikes less than $1k, the Lectric XP makes a good argument for being profitable in that segment. If @tlippy thinks the $2m Kevin sold this year with R1U is good, Lectric sold $14m last year... their first year.

Lumpy Dog did a great review for his Ltd. Sure wish someone that has a 700 would take the to do likewise.
I have a very good, in depth one planned but haven't got the bike yet. I was going to jump the bike off a 6 foot high, mound of dirt jump and clear a ditch 25 across ("Chris Knievel"). Doing that 3 times, first with throttle, second with PAS, thrid with PAS on 0 and peddling on my own to show how strong and good quality the bike is.

I decided to do that on my second video. First one will still be one of the best reviews. Best meaning not just all positiive, but a quality review.

Chris.

P.S. The jump is up in the mountains. If I get the bike to late in the year, it will be to cold up there, so the second video may be in the spring.

Really, you shouldn't be "peddling" in any assist level.

🤣 Maybe if you're a travelling salesman you could be! But honestly, I think Bikeman may be having a laugh with that entire post. There are bikes fit to "clear a ditch 25 across" (25 feet? inches? centimetres?), but the R1U 700 is not that bike.

🤣 Maybe if you're a travelling salesman you could be! But honestly, I think Bikeman may be having a laugh with that entire post. There are bikes fit to "clear a ditch 25 across" (25 feet? inches? centimetres?), but the R1U 700 is not that bike.
The last time I was up there was about two years a go (you need a pass that I don't have but my friend does so I have to rely on him), going by memory I think it may only be 15ft, I can't remember for sure.
The ride1up will do it easy without breaking anything. No problem.
I took my 750cc 4 cylinder, street bike, to a motorcross track and rode that thing hard. I even took it off the big back straight a way jump. When I told some friends, they said the same thing as you did, until they asked the people at the track at the time.

Let you know when I do it.

Even a 750cc street bike is still made to motorcycle-grade safety and quality standards. I can't tell you what to do, but just remember that these are entry-level bicycle parts on a relatively heavy bicycle. Fine for rides around the neighborhood, but I wouldn't trust any of it on a motocross track.

Not really an in depth review as I'm not expert. So far I love it but have only ridden it for 2 days. Only had one possible issue, 3 times when taking off from a standstill using throttle only I heard a clunk from back by the motor. I emailed R1up and they got right back asking if I can try to record the sound. Willing to answer any questions as best I can

Back