Wiring on Turbo S

Senseiwai

Hi

It looks like some of you here in forum have already done some rewiring. I have brought new fenders with integrated rear LED light. I have opened the little service hatch underneath bottom bracket and I can see wires go through there but can't see where are the sockets for the rear light going through the seatpost?

According to the instructions that come with the fender/rack, you have to take the seatpost off, disconnect the wires from the seatpost at the plugs. Then pull the wire going to the "seat light" down into the bottom bracket. Hook up the rack light to this wire, then (and this is where it gets messy) tuck the excess (!) into the bottom bracket.

According to the instructions that come with the fender/rack, you have to take the seatpost off, disconnect the wires from the seatpost at the plugs. Then pull the wire going to the "seat light" down into the bottom bracket. Hook up the rack light to this wire, then (and this is where it gets messy) tuck the excess (!) into the bottom bracket.

OK but can split so one goes to the original and one goes to the fender lights? I didn't see any plugs or socket does it local further up in the seatpost?

Yes the plug is at the seatpost level. The standard install assumes you disconncect at that level and then pull the wire back down through the seatpost into the bottom bracket, leaving the seat light disconncected.

Or, one can cut and splice in a "Y" using your own conncectors and shrink wrap

Yes the plug is at the seatpost level. The standard install assumes you disconncect at that level and then pull the wire back down through the seatpost into the bottom bracket, leaving the seat light disconncected.

Or, one can cut and splice in a "Y" using your own conncectors and shrink wrap

Aha no wonder I didn't found the plug.

If you don't want to keep both, the seat light and bracket can be removed from the seat. It's just attached with two screws. I replaced the seat when I added the rack kit and I was going to splice the wiring and use both lights but I use a Fly6 light with camera on the seat post instead. I also found they did not match the connector ends of the wiring in bicycle to the fender kit so I had to adapt one of the ends. I use generators on my road bikes so I had some 2.8mm spade connectors.

The shrink wrap is a good idea. The wire is kind of exposed from the bottom bracket cover until it goes into the fender. I wished I had done that. I will have to go back and add electrical tape wrap.

I was looking at the wrong end. It was much easier just remove the seatpost and found the connector. I have to deside if I just use one light instead of two depending on if I replace the saddle to a Brooks.

Back