Winter tires

I don’t recommend any tire based on battery specs, but I run studded tires on a second set of rims on my winter bike. A mid drive. Google “bicycle winter tires”

I am currently using Marathon Winter Plus, but looking to try Nokian W240 for their knobbier thread since the Marathons don't have much grip in packed snow/slush.

What type of winter tires for cold/snow/ice would you recommend for my Juiced CCS 48V/19.2 Ah?
Nokian W240. The 240 is the number of carbide studs per tire. There used to be a 180 for less money. I've ridden the 240 for thousands of winter miles. Never a flat and I only lost 2 studs in several years. As secure on ice as riding on dry pavement. I have to warn you they are noisy on dry pavement. By spring I'm glad to go back to standard tires. Well worth the money.

Nokian W240. The 240 is the number of carbide studs per tire. There used to be a 180 for less money. I've ridden the 240 for thousands of winter miles. Never a flat and I only lost 2 studs in several years. As secure on ice as riding on dry pavement. I have to warn you they are noisy on dry pavement. By spring I'm glad to go back to standard tires. Well worth the money.

thanks!

Which sized W240 do you use? Wondering if the biggest 54-622 would fit.
I have 26" x 1.95" on an ebike with 26" wheels. I'm considering adding the W240 to my 29er. Most sites either list Nokian tires in inches or millimeters, not ISO. ISO is more precise though. I see 700c listed in 40 and 45mm, and they offer the W106 in 35mm. Many more sizes available now than when I purchased my current set late 2014.

Back