Will Boomerang V2 Cyclo Trac ever come back? It looked promising.

AREM

Hey Court. Recently we watched some of your reviews regarding the Boomerang security device and I got really excited about it, until I visited their website and read some of the comments of investors and buyers. It seems they're really behind in production with no product announcements forthcoming.

Founder, Kevin Fahrner, updates today that the Boomerang Cyclotrac V2 is hoped to ship by the end of June. I just ordered another one.

product-v2.png

I order the v2 two weeks ago, had to cancel my order as they told me would not be ready till end of june, but its funny they said the same thing for me. going to get a swizz tracker gps, its got good reviews

I order the v2 two weeks ago, had to cancel my order as they told me would not be ready till end of june, but its funny they said the same thing for me. going to get a swizz tracker gps, its got good reviews
There is a shipping backlog from the global health pandemic underway, so I'm cutting all vendors a reasonable amount of slack on fulfillment times - esp awaited parts coming from Asia. It will be interesting to hear your experience with the Swisstrack.

Reviews on software are really bad.
I was thinking of ordering two of these V2
Anybody use these? Comments?

@Golferpaul I'd read the same, but was reassured by hearing they'd received some quantity of financial backing from Netgear pre-COVID, so are presumably in sufficient financial shape to fulfill the outstanding backlog (some of it going back years) and update software. They've just updated their website. Being innovative is never without hurdles. If these things work half as well as I am hoping, I might be buying others for lawn equipment, atvs, snowmobiles, jetskis/boats, and other desirable toys that I'd like to geo fence. Reliably tracking expensive stuff is a way bigger market than just bikes. The clamp allows these to go on almost anything.

From Founder/CEO Kevin Fahrner last week: "The V2 is our new model that was released this month...Everything is ready. We are waiting on the enclosures. The enclosures are due at the end of the month. We will assemble the boards into the enclosure and ship all of the orders as soon as the enclosures arrive. We are really pleased with the new loud speaker / Alarm. It’s a big improvement from the V1. Also, the new processor is 10 times faster and the addition of blue tooth solves a lot of communication problems. We now have both cellular communication for when communicating at distance and blue tooth when near the bike / device."

If you're nervous, perhaps hold-off until July when some of the initial backlog customers will hopefully have been served, and have their initial impressions - including me hopefully!

Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at 9.04.45 AM.png

Thanks for your input. Looks like a good product. But will have to wait and see.
Another update this am that their long-awaited "revised V2 enclosures" shipment is now due from overseas in the middle of July. They'll have to put their new techno guts inside, package, and send out to their pending order book. Maybe all that gets done by early August? Anyway, I'm sticking in there. Will advise when in hand.

Another update today that their board design fits the 3D printed enclosure mock-up and "it will take several weeks to make the official molds that will be used in final production but once the molds are done production everything will move quickly. This puts us at a release date of late August."

unnamed.jpg

Another update today that their board design fits the 3D printed enclosure mock-up and "it will take several weeks to make the official molds that will be used in final production but once the molds are done production everything will move quickly. This puts us at a release date of late August."

View attachment 59219
Can’t get any August Updates? I sent email and text No updates may have to make claim with my Credit Card Company. Was hope to get product!

i was told later in fall before you see any shipped. looked at becoming a dealer for their product.

Hey Court. Recently we watched some of your reviews regarding the Boomerang security device and I got really excited about it, until I visited their website and read some of the comments of investors and buyers. It seems they're really behind in production with no product announcements forthcoming.

You might note that this website https://boomerangbike.com/ from which I made my purchase over five months ago offers no less than nine "BUY NOW" opportunities and that nowhere does this site indicate that it is actually a pre-order for an item that does not actually exist. I only became aware of this after receiving an email thanking me for my "pre-order". The occasional update emails I receive inevitably provide a reason why it is somebody else's fault that I have not received my purchase while at the same time leaving an opening for the next excuse.
Most recently today I received an update as follows:

Dear Customers,

Your order is delayed due to enclosure delivery. We had a meeting with our enclosure vendor last week (8/20/2020). They delivered a half dozen samples of our custom enclosure, and we are very satisfied with the enclosures.

The vendor committed to shipping 1,000 enclosures on 9/7/2020 and 3,000 by 9/15/2020. This would allow us to ship all outstanding orders. We understand the inconvenience and we are doing everything we can to be ready once they arrive and process the orders as quickly as possible.

We need to divert some of our resources from responding to every email to preparing for manufacturing, so please accept this as your response. If this does not answer your question and you have an urgent need, please email [email protected].

We appreciate your patience and support, thank you!

Best,

Kevin Fahrner

Please note the following: "The vendor committed to shipping 1,000 enclosures on 9/7/2020 and 3,000 by 9/15/2020. This would allow us to ship all outstanding orders. "

One might assume this to mean that shipping of this item should commence within the next week or so, but as an individual who has been receiving such excuses for nearly six months now I have learned that what IS NOT being stated is more informative than what IS being stated. What IS NOT being stated is that the vendor in question is located in Asia and that the time between the enclosures being shipped and the and the time the enclosures are received could actually be several months. I would wager a guess that this will be the topic of the next update email I receive. I expect that Covid19 will play a part in why the enclosures are being held in customs. That ought to shut us up for another couple months.

But please don't bother them with your petty questions concerning this matter. They are busy diverting their resources to developing their next excuse.

You might note that this website https://boomerangbike.com/ from which I made my purchase over five months ago offers no less than nine "BUY NOW" opportunities and that nowhere does this site indicate that it is actually a pre-order for an item that does not actually exist. I only became aware of this after receiving an email thanking me for my "pre-order". The occasional update emails I receive inevitably provide a reason why it is somebody else's fault that I have not received my purchase while at the same time leaving an opening for the next excuse.
Most recently today I received an update as follows:

Dear Customers,

Your order is delayed due to enclosure delivery. We had a meeting with our enclosure vendor last week (8/20/2020). They delivered a half dozen samples of our custom enclosure, and we are very satisfied with the enclosures.

The vendor committed to shipping 1,000 enclosures on 9/7/2020 and 3,000 by 9/15/2020. This would allow us to ship all outstanding orders. We understand the inconvenience and we are doing everything we can to be ready once they arrive and process the orders as quickly as possible.

We need to divert some of our resources from responding to every email to preparing for manufacturing, so please accept this as your response. If this does not answer your question and you have an urgent need, please email [email protected].

We appreciate your patience and support, thank you!

Best,

Kevin Fahrner

Please note the following: "The vendor committed to shipping 1,000 enclosures on 9/7/2020 and 3,000 by 9/15/2020. This would allow us to ship all outstanding orders. "

One might assume this to mean that shipping of this item should commence within the next week or so, but as an individual who has been receiving such excuses for nearly six months now I have learned that what IS NOT being stated is more informative than what IS being stated. What IS NOT being stated is that the vendor in question is located in Asia and that the time between the enclosures being shipped and the and the time the enclosures are received could actually be several months. I would wager a guess that this will be the topic of the next update email I receive. I expect that Covid19 will play a part in why the enclosures are being held in customs. That ought to shut us up for another couple months.

But please don't bother them with your petty questions concerning this matter. They are busy diverting their resources to developing their next excuse.

I agree managing initial order book expectations might have been done differently. However, there's still nothing else on the market (that I can see) that can get me over the idea of parking a $2000 bike to a $100 bike post - that is the crux of ebike security. The enclosures are made in Asia, and the guts presumably states-side and assembled/boxed in Santa Clara California. The guts go into the enclosures, then into a box, and then out to customers. Nobody could have predicted the impact that COVID-19 would have on the factories in China, the ports, and entire global shipping fulfillment industry. I don't blame Boomerang for any of that. I'd suggest you ask for a refund and step out of line if it's upsetting you so much. For me, I'm still excited and content to wait the few weeks left on this fulfillment.

Nobody could have predicted the impact that COVID-19 would have on the factories in China, the ports, and entire global shipping fulfillment industry. I don't blame Boomerang for any of that. I'd suggest you ask for a refund and step out of line if it's upsetting you so much. For me, I'm still excited and content to wait the few weeks left on this fulfillment.

I don't blame Boomerang for any of that either. And I am in fact committed to waiting for a product that is anticipated to meet my needs as well. My issue is with the level of honesty demonstrated from the time of my initial purchase experience which set my expectations and the following six months of multiple updates which reinforced my opinion.

As for the product itself, if it performs as promised it will have been well worth the wait. However my experience to date sheds doubt upon my future expectations.

Nobody could have predicted the impact that COVID-19 would have on the factories in China, the ports, and entire global shipping fulfillment industry. I don't blame Boomerang for any of that. I'd suggest you ask for a refund and step out of line if it's upsetting you so much. For me, I'm still excited and content to wait the few weeks left on this fulfillment.

I don't blame Boomerang for any of that either. And I am in fact committed to waiting for a product that is anticipated to meet my needs as well. My issue is with the level of honesty demonstrated from the time of my initial purchase experience which set my expectations and the following six months of multiple updates which reinforced my opinion.

As for the product itself, if it performs as promised it will have been well worth the wait. However my experience to date sheds doubt upon my future expectations.

Yeah, it's a choppy rough ride at the best of times for a lot of startup firms trying to do something novel and reliable, while also juggling to fulfill a long-delayed initial order book. Many exec heads have probably banged against walls in frustrations we can only imagine. Boomerang/WI-MM Corp/F6S, aren't just getting new V2 enclosures, they changed all these interior IoT technological "guts" midstream at the beginning of the year with new partnership with Netgear. I'm impressed they got it all paired together despite COVID, to be honest. The newer designed V2 is a much better form factor than when I placed my order, and I'm definitely hanging in there. In addition to being weak on managing expectations, my only critique would be that they seem too niche focused on bikes/ebikes. If it were me, I'd be adapting the enclosures/clamp system to compete with lojack/spot trace/trak4 etc - easily secure to other higher-value asset recovery belongings like lake/coastal boats/jetskis, snowmobiles, ride-on/robot lawn equipment, fifth wheel/RV/Airstream Trailers etc.

I'm on month 9 of waiting. I go to the web site for a laugh now and then so I can see the same 'Estimated ship date: 2 - 4 weeks' that's been there since the beginning. I'm in for $49 so I'll play the stupid waiting game

TBH, I'd gladly Paypal them another $20 to have them 3D print the enclosure in the states and just start shipping.

I would too but it might entail another pre-order. And I can't ask first because it would delay production if they had to respond to my email. They have all the angles covered. So I guess I'll just wait. But I can't wait too long. I'm already 65.

Dear Boomerang Customers,

Finally the enclosures and material arrived and we started shipping this week. We have a lot of orders to process so we need a few weeks to ship all of the orders. In addition to the new device we have a new App and new cloud software. We think you with enjoy the new Cyclotrac and your bike will be more secure. We greatly appreciate you waiting for us. We understand it was not easy.

The Boomerang Team

Back