Will Boomerang V2 Cyclo Trac ever come back? It looked promising.

"In addition to the new device we have a new App and new cloud software."

I guess that the new app must be a pre-order too because all I can find is the old one.

Just providing a data point. My v2 Boomerang that I ordered in late September is supposed to arrive at the house this Monday (per USPS tracking website) ! I feel bad for those who waited months but I am very excited to be able to check this out next week! I will report back.

My v2 Boomerang that I ordered in late September is supposed to arrive at the house this Monday (per USPS tracking website)

Where did you get the tracking number? Did they send it via email or text? I haven't heard anything.

Where did you get the tracking number? Did they send it via email or text? I haven't heard anything.
I got an email from Kevin via shopify.com about 3 days ago and it included USPS tracking # at the bottom. A couple days before that I got an email that said my order was shipping.

I got an email from Kevin via shopify.com about 3 days ago and it included USPS tracking # at the bottom. A couple days before that I got an email that said my order was shipping.

I don't suppose anybody informed you as to where one might find the new App, did they?

In the email I got they called it Cyclotrac. But I don't see anything with that name on the Google play store. I'll post an after I get a chance to check it out tomorrow.

What in the Sam Hill?? 😦😖😩
They've started to develop a "first in / first out" shipping system for the purpose of fairly distributing the device's first production run. They should have it in place by the time the next production run becomes available in 2023. They hope to have an App available by that time as well.

Last edited:
They've started to develop a "first in / first out" shipping system for the purpose of fairly distributing the device's first production run. They should have it in place by the time the next production run becomes available in 2023. They hope to have an App available by that time as well.

TBH...my preorders were so long ago they weren't at full sticker price, so that prob makes sense. They'll get to us.

TBH...my preorders were so long ago they weren't at full sticker price, so that prob makes sense. They'll get to us.

Needless to say...they've already gotten to me. I just hope I'm not in contention for the next production run.

I never understood the value of a GPS tracker that is seen on the bike. Any thief that saw a GPS tracker that is on the bike visually would either smash the GPS before taking the bike or take the bike somewhere unseen/uncared about and smash the GPS there....this is the exact reason why I have a hidden GPS tracker on my bike instead of just putting it out in the open.

I am not trying to rag on the product but I just dont get it.

I never understood the value of a GPS tracker that is seen on the bike. Any thief that saw a GPS tracker that is on the bike visually would either smash the GPS before taking the bike or take the bike somewhere unseen/uncared about and smash the GPS there....this is the exact reason why I have a hidden GPS tracker on my bike instead of just putting it out in the open.

For my purposes, I like that the would-be thieves will see the red LED warning strobe telling them it's armed like a car alarm. Rational thieves would then be encouraged to select an easier target from the rack. I receive a realtime phone alert if any trouble is in progress outside, before they make off with it, and risk leading the cops to their hideout with triangulated LTE+ bread crumbs. There's also the ear-splitting alarm that tells everyone else in earshot that something's not right about the scenario underway....and the coup de grâce is that there could still be a backup GPS in the handle bars if wanted (but they also have their own practical limitations). Could someone drape a $3000 20x20' faraday teepee over the whole crime scene? Yeah, I guess in theory. Forgiving the conspicuousness of such unlikely preparations, if determined professional bike thieves are arriving to the theft with that kind of gear, there's probably nothing anyone could do anyway, except file the insurance claim.

There's also the riding safety aspect of having an accelerometer on the bike. If I crash my bike or get hit, perhaps there is, or will be in an update, a way to ITTT recipe a crash alert to loved ones so they can find/recover me in a serious incident, where response speed is usually critical. Like an "OnStar" system for cyclists.

V1 Hammer test: "Come on bike thief...break it!"

Bike theft challenge "Try stealing my bike with the key to U-lock without the alarm sounding"

Boomerang's Narrowband IoT vs GPS Promo vid

Police guy testimonial

After more than two years all points of sale for this item indicate a price of $0.00. And they're still taking orders.

After more than two years all points of sale for this item indicate a price of $0.00. And they're still taking orders.

Forgive my presumption @Cheetah, but it sounds like you are nearing-in on the consumer discomfort threshold for further inquiries:

"If this does not answer your question and you have an urgent need, please email [email protected]"

Kevin or Josey: 1-480-727-9800

I show a 2-pack listing for USD$198 right now,
single unit for USD$125, with only 18 left (lols) and ship date of 2-4 weeks!

For comps, my Feb and June preorder costs were....significantly less. I continue to wait my turn.

Back