Why does it seem Vado owners are getting KINEKT 2.1 vs Redshift Seat Post ?

Well, I accepted the Kinekt once (as there was no other "native" 30.9 mm option at that time). However, even with the heaviest springs and a solid pre-load, the seat-post was bouncy and pedal-bob happened often, especially at high, energetic cadence. The cup of bitterness runneth over when one of the bolts sheared from fatigue on both sides. The remains of the bolt stayed in the preload plug, making the expensive seat-post useless.

I bought small parts, and the set did not include the preload plug! Meanwhile, Cirrus Cycles seem to have modify the design (no 2.1 anymore, it is LR or XR). For instance, the preload bolts are now 50 or 60 mm, while the original bolt was 55 mm! I decided to give up on the Kinekt, as I cannot spend a lot of money on an unit that broke just after a year's use! I don't trust any repair kit available nowadays would be practical for my existing Kinekt 2.1 seat-post. The maximum I can do is try removing the sheared bolt from the preload plug, use spare connecting bolts and hope the thread in the plate on the other side is intact...

I don't trust Kinekt anymore. Meanwhile, a Redshift ShockStop has worked very well on my Vado SL for almost three years!
Did you ever contact them about this? These seat posts should be designed to last many, many years. I hear you though, a bad experience and poor customer support for a premium product like that is souring.

Did you ever contact them about this? These seat posts should be designed to last many, many years. I hear you though, a bad experience and poor customer support for a premium product like that is souring.
The whole story is too complicated to explain.
Starting with the fact it was Specialized to buy the last Kinekt for me during the warranty Vado rebuild and ending with I do not trust a brand without a regional presence. Redshift Sports has a good European presence and I contacted them for an advice for several times to my full satisfaction.

Back