Whoa...Check out my battery gauge after my first 9 mile commute!

Picture from this morning's commute (03/01/2018) - Denver, Co - average temp: 23 degrees F - Juiced CrossCurrent SView attachment 20173
Just for giggles (actually peace of mind) you should invest in a good quality "U" lock or a big chain lock. It would be a shame to lose the bike, and cables, even many of the real big ones, are not a lot of protection. Big city folk tell me that using two locks is the way to go. Personally I use a large Kryptonite chain lock along with a alarmed rotor lock, depending on where I am leaving the bike.

@AZ Roller I hear you 100%. I only use that cable lock when I sit right by the bike. The picture above is taken next to a Starbucks, where I enjoy my morning latte before my commute, and I'm sitting right next to the bike, watching it like a hawk!

Good advice though on the U-Lock. I ordered one based upon your recommendation. I went with this one: (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Thanks again!

Stock battery - switch between ECO, 1, & 2 during the 9 miles...Nice!

View attachment 20157

Have fun! Those battery gages are notoriously inaccurate... If you really want to know how much range you really have... Start with a full charge, and write down the battery gage level every 10 miles until you hit 10% or lower voltage cutoff.. Then you will know what that gage really means.

Back