Which Lock for e-bike (Explore E+ 1 GTS)?

I watched a lot of his videos and why I chose a chain lock. The flexibility and hard to cut. He is a rare breed with his lock picking skills so I don't worry about the average thief having them.

I use an ABUS A6000 Bordo Alarm. I know that with the proper tool a thief would be able to cut the links but with the added alarm hopefully will scare him off.

I bought one of these , I get fitter carting the thing around with me .
I guess the professional will always find a way round most but it’s pretty good as a deterant.
I also have a cheaper Kryptonite chain on it too so double effort needed to pinch it.

Adding it to your house insurance too is well worth it , it has to be a “specified item” on mine to cover it fully away from home.

There are inexpensive disc brake lock alarms on Amazon.

Remember that a few hex head bolts are all that attaches a brake disk to the wheel - and that's assuming you've got the wheel locked to the frame/immovable stationary object.

That said, I do think that given the size and cost of these, it might be worthwhile to use one in addition to other locks, under the theory that a thief will either move on to an easier target or get frustrated having opened/broken the main lock only to then discover the disc brake lock. Depending on your point of view, you'd then either want something really bright in color, or something that blends into your bike's colors.

Note that motorcycle versions of these sometimes have bright cables to attach to your handlebars so you don't forget the disc brake is on and attempt to ride away. (ouch!)

I use a Hexloxs through axle front and rear (they also make front and rear spindles) as well as Hexloxs for the seat post, stem handlebars and saddle clamp. So all I need to do is secure the frame and the rest of the bike is safe. For a lock I use the Abus alarm lock. Expensive but compact, easy to carry, can be cut only with an electric grinder or torch and it makes a 100 plus decibel siren if moved.
https://hexlox.com/
Hi Alaskan. I read in this thread you installed Xeloxs in your Homage. I have a R&M Charger that uses the same Santour front axel, but I went to the Xelox webesite and I did not see any axel for the front wheel of the Santour. Did you get the universal one or is there a special for the Santour? Can you please specify the model you got? Much appreciated.

Hi Alaskan. I read in this thread you installed Xeloxs in your Homage. I have a R&M Charger that uses the same Santour front axel, but I went to the Xelox webesite and I did not see any axel for the front wheel of the Santour. Did you get the universal one or is there a special for the Santour? Can you please specify the model you got? Much appreciated.
The new universal axel is the one you want along with the appropriate Hexlox.

The new universal axel is the one you want along with the appropriate Hexlox.

Great thanks for the quick reply. I went back to their website and I have ordered the universal Thru Axel Front 15 - Suntour Q-LOC. + the rear axel lock + seat locks. In this way, I just need to secure the frame when parking the bike if necessary. Thanks again.

Attachments

• 1575673999814.png
    1575673999814.png
    137.5 KB · Views: 363
Back