Which Domane models can accept a rear rack and panniers?

Gee_Whiz

And does anyone know where to find such a rack? They dont show on the Trek site, but do in google images.

Also aside from drop handlebars and lighter weight; what would be the difference between a Domane with a commuter package and an Allant with commuter package for general urban and greenway style riding?

Were the Allants created to have a lower cost of entry into the commuter ebiking arena?

The Allant was created as a direct competitor to Specialized Vado. Or, in other words, an urban/suburban commuter and adventure e-bike.
And that's not a joke:
"Vado" means "go, proceed, rush" in Latin.
"Allant" means the same in French.

And Allant+ 9.9s has never been cheap.

Domane+ is a classical road e-bike. You do not put a rack on a road bike, of which the sole reason of existence is riding very fast on roads. Domane+ is the electrified counterpart of the traditional Trek Domane, and of yet more expensive Madone road bike.

The Allant was created as a direct competitor to Specialized Vado. Or, in other words, an urban/suburban commuter and adventure e-bike.
And that's not a joke:
"Vado" means "go, proceed, rush" in Latin.
"Allant" means the same in French.

And Allant+ 9.9s has never been cheap.

Domane+ is a classical road e-bike. You do not put a rack on a road bike, of which the sole reason of existence is riding very fast on roads. Domane+ is the electrified counterpart of the traditional Trek Domane, and of yet more expensive Madone road bike.
Ahh this makes sense. I'd seen the domane in searches with rear rack and straight bars.. and it looks interesting at a much lighter weight

Whiz, let me say what. You're pursuing the light weight but would like to commute. Please get this: a slightly heavier commuter e-bike typically has a bigger battery, making longer rides fast more manageable. For some reason, you were dissatisfied with an Allant+ (was it the "S" or Speed version?) Unfortunately, light weight of an e-bike won't make you any faster. (Yes, drop bars would). Light weight brings these benefits:
  • Easier to carry in a hand
  • Accelerates faster
  • Climbs easier
Light weight won't help you riding upwind faster. That's probably why your Allant+ ride felt slow: Headwind? And Allant+ has no aero advantages but is an excellent commuter e-bike.

Still, there are compromises. If you want a low weight e-bike, it will be either less powerful with a smaller battery or made the way you cannot carry goods on it.

Whiz, let me say what. You're pursuing the light weight but would like to commute. Please get this: a slightly heavier commuter e-bike typically has a bigger battery, making longer rides fast more manageable. For some reason, you were dissatisfied with an Allant+ (was it the "S" or Speed version?) Unfortunately, light weight of an e-bike won't make you any faster. (Yes, drop bars would). Light weight brings these benefits:
  • Easier to carry in a hand
  • Accelerates faster
  • Climbs easier
Light weight won't help you riding upwind faster. That's probably why your Allant+ ride felt slow: Headwind? And Allant+ has no aero advantages but is an excellent commuter e-bike.

Still, there are compromises. If you want a low weight e-bike, it will be either less powerful with a smaller battery or made the way you cannot carry goods on it.
It's the CX motor+derestrict which rides really nice and quick, but on hills it does feel a bit heavy.. it moves up them no problem though. The battery range also doesn't seem great. Maybe 30 miles on sport+turbo which I think is common, so just looking at options to see what else exists currently. But yes making a carbon racing bike, a commuter doesn't seem like a good ideal lol

It's the CX motor+derestrict which rides really nice and quick, but on hills it does feel a bit heavy..
You're in the U.S., right? Then look to the Allant+ S (Speed) e-bikes (Class 3) that are equipped with the Bosch Performance Line Speed motors. You should be able to get onto 25 mph on the flat easily (if no headwind); and you need no derestriction. Besides, riding a mid-drive motor e-bike in Turbo for all the time is not the best idea, as that's damaging the drive-train and degrades the battery soon. Just saying.

You're in the U.S., right? Then look to the Allant+ S (Speed) e-bikes (Class 3) that are equipped with the Bosch Performance Line Speed motors. You should be able to get onto 25 mph on the flat easily (if no headwind); and you need no derestriction. Besides, riding a mid-drive motor e-bike in Turbo for all the time is not the best idea, as that's damaging the drive-train and degrades the battery soon. Just saying.
I went for the CX due to more low end torque, but I will try an S model too to see how they function

You can put the standard "non-disc" Bontrager rack on the "Domane+ HP" model, if you can still find one. I have one on mine.

Back