Which display screen?...

Jpar

Region
USA
We just bought two soul fast e-bikes and they have the bafang 750 watt hub motors. Mine has the 14.5 battery and my wife has like a 10.4 I think.. mine came with a color display screen and I'm able to get more interaction from it and hers came with the black and white screen that's less displays... They sold the last color screen the day before we bought ours.. I don't know anything about the serial numbers or how to find them or what kind they are? If anybody knows the difference between the two or any serial numbers I'd appreciate it. I don't know how hard it would be to switch them out but it seems like it's possible. I don't mind buying the upgraded one from my wife's bike and it not saying the manufacturer logo on it...

Any help or information would be appreciated thank you..
PXL_20220621_004145629.jpg
PXL_20220621_004205853.jpg

I'll try to add some more here...
PXL_20220621_042156146.jpg

The first one is the black and white one and the second one here is the colored one..
PXL_20220621_042118261.jpg

I'm new to this forum so I'm not sure if I posted this in the wrong place? It's that hard of a question? Or it's that easy of a question...

A couple of things. (Display 101) First, I notice one marked 26" and the other 27.5". That's likely going to coincide with the display's speed calibration for that particular wheel size if my guess is correct.

Second, I believe anyone that's messed with this stuff previously is going to be pretty careful when talking about switching displays. There are a few exceptions, but generally the display is considered 1/2 of a matched set, with the controller being the other half. Mixing and matching a pretty dicey plan that often leads to a big rabbit hole. There are exceptions. KT for instance, offers several different displays that will all work with their controllers. Bafang mid drives are much the same, but even there you have to select from the UART and CANbus types. The wrong one won't even plug in.

My experience has been that the color displays have a tendency to wash out in direct sunlight. Some are not as bad as others, but many are impossible to read. LCD displays (black and white) on the other hand, don't have this issue, or if they do, it's not near as bad. Point being, be careful what you wish for.

Last, as far as what the capabilities are of each controller as far as programming, they're all over the ball park. You're pretty much forced to find a manual for the display in question using Google searches. And then, you may find some functions shown in the manual blocked by the bike manf the control was installed on.

A couple of things. (Display 101) First, I notice one marked 26" and the other 27.5". That's likely going to coincide with the display's speed calibration for that particular wheel size if my guess is correct.

Second, I believe anyone that's messed with this stuff previously is going to be pretty careful when talking about switching displays. There are a few exceptions, but generally the display is considered 1/2 of a matched set, with the controller being the other half. Mixing and matching a pretty dicey plan that often leads to a big rabbit hole. There are exceptions. KT for instance, offers several different displays that will all work with their controllers. Bafang mid drives are much the same, but even there you have to select from the UART and CANbus types. The wrong one won't even plug in.

My experience has been that the color displays have a tendency to wash out in direct sunlight. Some are not as bad as others, but many are impossible to read. LCD displays (black and white) on the other hand, don't have this issue, or if they do, it's not near as bad. Point being, be careful what you wish for.

Last, as far as what the capabilities are of each controller as far as programming, they're all over the ball park. You're pretty much forced to find a manual for the display in question using Google searches. And then, you may find some functions shown in the manual blocked by the bike manf the control was installed on.
I appreciate your help!..
I was able to reach out to soul fast e-bikes and they sent me a manual link to be able to get some of the adjustments I am looking for.. probably enough to get us by till I'm able to order the one we'd like...
I'm not interested in rabbit holes... LOL

The top display is whats commonly known as a '500C' and it is pretty common for Bafang mid-drive-powered bikes. I have at least two of them. Here's the most recent. You are going to get a logo in that spot whether you like it or not. Luna sells these displays and they are unlocked, with access available to the Advanced area where you can change your PAS increments (not the same as motor settings).

They go in and out of stock. California Ebike is another source you can check.

pxl_20220526_162120320[1].jpg

The top display is whats commonly known as a '500C' and it is pretty common for Bafang mid-drive-powered bikes. I have at least two of them. Here's the most recent. You are going to get a logo in that spot whether you like it or not. Luna sells these displays and they are unlocked, with access available to the Advanced area where you can change your PAS increments (not the same as motor settings).

They go in and out of stock. California Ebike is another source you can check.

View attachment 126759
I just tried looking them up on Amazon or just Google yesterday or the day before I can't remember but it did talk a lot about mid drives... So it was kind of throwing me off because I have a hub drive or I should say my wife does and I do but hers is the one that needs the or not needs but would like lol a different controller...

My experience has been that the color displays have a tendency to wash out in direct sunlight. Some are not as bad as others, but many are impossible to read.
The DPC-18 is the first color display I went to and its *pretty* good in blazing sun. The 500C is much better. Never washed out but its small, which can be a separate issue. That one I pictured above is on the bike because I had it in the parts pile. It had been replaced on my Envoy cargo bike with an 860C display, which not only is bright enough (display varies by light level) in all conditions, it also can be set up to display both real time amps and watts at the same time. Its also got a clock. As displays go for the Bafang family its the top dog in my book.
I just tried looking them up on Amazon or just Google yesterday or the day before I can't remember but it did talk a lot about mid drives... So it was kind of throwing me off because I have a hub drive or I should say my wife does and I do but hers is the one that needs the or not needs but would like lol a different controller...
If you have a green, round HIGO female plug, chances are you can mix/match from sellers. If you have a KT brand controller (there's a label on it) then thats a definite yes unless the seller has encrypted the data channel the way Sondors did.

Safest bet is to sit back and buy from Soul when they restock, unless you ask them flat out and they tell you that its an oem interface. I'll bet if you buy from them its pricey as they charge ransom for anything that crosses their loading dock.

The DPC-18 is the first color display I went to and its *pretty* good in blazing sun. The 500C is much better. Never washed out but its small, which can be a separate issue. That one I pictured above is on the bike because I had it in the parts pile. It had been replaced on my Envoy cargo bike with an 860C display, which not only is bright enough (display varies by light level) in all conditions, it also can be set up to display both real time amps and watts at the same time. Its also got a clock. As displays go for the Bafang family its the top dog in my book.

If you have a green, round HIGO female plug, chances are you can mix/match from sellers. If you have a KT brand controller (there's a label on it) then thats a definite yes unless the seller has encrypted the data channel the way Sondors did.

Safest bet is to sit back and buy from Soul when they restock, unless you ask them flat out and they tell you that its an oem interface. I'll bet if you buy from them its pricey as they charge ransom for anything that crosses their loading dock.
Agree the Bafang color displays are pretty good in the sun. Maybe the best. I was referring to some of the stuff I've seen on some hub driven bikes.

$79 as compared to the $64 or $68 I seen them for. For the extra 10 bucks I'd just like to keep them in business and have it say soul fast on the front of it I'm fine with that..

$79 as compared to the $64 or $68 I seen them for. For the extra 10 bucks I'd just like to keep them in business and have it say soul fast on the front of it I'm fine with that..
$79 is less than the ones I have purchased I think. Either way, for that kind of money, in this market, I'd sit back and wait for them to come in stock.

500C. PW: 1919 to make programming changes. Check Soul youtube channel for some programming info. Some settings you don't want to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
500C. PW: 1919 to make programming changes. Check Soul youtube channel for some programming info. Some settings you don't want to change.
I've got a email with a YouTube guide for my wife's which is probably the downgraded one from the ones that we have on our bikes. I appreciate your reply!...

Last edited by a moderator:
We just bought two soul fast e-bikes and they have the bafang 750 watt hub motors. Mine has the 14.5 battery and my wife has like a 10.4 I think.. mine came with a color display screen and I'm able to get more interaction from it and hers came with the black and white screen that's less displays... They sold the last color screen the day before we bought ours.. I don't know anything about the serial numbers or how to find them or what kind they are? If anybody knows the difference between the two or any serial numbers I'd appreciate it. I don't know how hard it would be to switch them out but it seems like it's possible. I don't mind buying the upgraded one from my wife's bike and it not saying the manufacturer logo on it...

Any help or information would be appreciated thank you..
View attachment 126500View attachment 126501
Not sure if you found one yet. Soul Fast Ebikes has them in stock now to order: https://soulebikes.com/product/saber-pro-color-display-500c/.

Back