Where's My XP?

Good question about Sunday delivery. I seem to remember being surprised about some Sunday deliveries with the Postal Service and Maybe FedEx in the past but not lately. maybe it was the Christmas season or just a test? Amazon does do deliveries on Sundays in my area.

Yeah, we've also had occasional Amazon deliveries on Sunday, and some even delivered by the USPS -- imagine that. I just can't recall if it had ever been FedEx showing up on a Sunday or not. We do live a bit out there in the boonies. Good point about ramped-up delivery services that happen during the holidays.

Did some more scratching around and found some contradictions. Found one place that said FedEx tried Sunday deliveries but there was not enough demand for it. Then I found this article https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fedex-...-sunday-year-round-to-keep-up-with-ecommerce/
that states Fedex Ground will start 7 day a week delivery for all packages next year.

The fact that you are away from a bigger metropolitan area, i would concede defeat and hope for Monday. Good luck.

Good question about Sunday delivery. I seem to remember being surprised about some Sunday deliveries with the Postal Service and Maybe FedEx in the past but not lately. maybe it was the Christmas season or just a test? Amazon does do deliveries on Sundays in my area.
Mine is scheduled for tomorrow delivery. I called fedex to see if I could just come get it Friday as it was in St Paul, 50 miles away. They said no, it’ll be kept in a container until out for delivery on Monday. They do not deliver weekends, at least here in Minnesota.
And so we wait...and wait.....and wait some more. Luckily its been raining and storming since Friday night.

Did some more scratching around and found some contradictions. Found one place that said FedEx tried Sunday deliveries but there was not enough demand for it. Then I found this article https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fedex-...-sunday-year-round-to-keep-up-with-ecommerce/
that states Fedex Ground will start 7 day a week delivery for all packages next year.

The fact that you are away from a bigger metropolitan area, i would concede defeat and hope for Monday. Good luck.

Oh, I know I had been dreaming about FedEx Sunday delivery. Doing so makes it easier to cope with this one, last, friggin', final point of the long wait -- by not totally dealing with reality. In fact, "Out For Delivery" status would have needed to be set by now for it to ever happen today. Thanks for sharing that link!

Mine is scheduled for tomorrow delivery. I called fedex to see if I could just come get it Friday as it was in St Paul, 50 miles away. They said no, it’ll be kept in a container until out for delivery on Monday. They do not deliver weekends, at least here in Minnesota.
And so we wait...and wait.....and wait some more. Luckily its been raining and storming since Friday night.

Yesterday we had happened to be driving past the local FedEx warehouse and I suddenly had brought up the idea of "dropping in to ask them about possibly picking it up right there." Wait, what am I thinking! It had come to this. As I was getting ready to post this reply, and email pops in from FedEx confirming tomorrow's delivery date. I do hope that the skies clear for you tomorrow, before the truck arrives. Either way tomorrow should be the big day for us both. Enjoy!

Thinking about canceling my order with electric and buying rad rover, “just thinking” it was my first choice.

Have you checked out the RadWagon? It's so homely I think it's beautiful. I just don't need/want something that big and I need a folder and I think the Lectric's personality is going to suit me just fine.

Have you checked out the RadWagon? It's so homely I think it's beautiful. I just don't need/want something that big and I need a folder and I think the Lectric's personality is going to suit me just fine.

I suspect that my wife will change her mind as soon as she takes a spin on my XP when I get it. Instead of going thru the wait with no real updates of status, I have my eye on this no name bike. https://austin.craigslist.org/bik/d/austin-m12-electric-bicycle-is-king-of/6947647446.html

Oh, I know I had been dreaming about FedEx Sunday delivery. Doing so makes it easier to cope with this one, last, friggin', final point of the long wait -- by not totally dealing with reality. In fact, "Out For Delivery" status would have needed to be set by now for it to ever happen today. Thanks for sharing that link!
I just been watching some movies and doing other things to keep my mind busy, otherwise I will go nuts also 😂 myn is also coming tommorow, Monday . It's been sitting in Chicago since Friday 1 hour 1/2 from my house smh. 😣

I was thinking the same last night to ask if i could come pick it up. But than I thought I could use the 30$ of gas to drive over there, instead buy an accessory for the bike! :) but you called too and we can't pick it up anyways. And than again its a good think that they will deliver to our house because what if it's damaged out of the box who fault would that be? Lectric might not cover it thinking we damaged it in the way home... Just my thoughts 🤔

My bike just arrived!

Attachments

• 20190916_093239.jpg
    20190916_093239.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 373
  • 20190916_093333.jpg
    20190916_093333.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 371
Reached out to Lectric regarding my order that was supposed to be shipped during the last week.

We have been shipping the September bikes for over a week (an earlier than anticipated start), and that process will continue for the next 3 weeks or so. You will receive your FedEx tracking number in the next week or two. I suspect your bike will be sent a few days after that.

We are making good progress, but we are a bit behind schedule. We are working hard to get caught up, and we thank you for your patience. I've attached some information so you can become familiar with your bike prior to its arrival.

Thanks for checking in!
Brent

Did Lectric just streamline their shipping???

When I first got my tracking # a couple of hours ago I clicked on it and got something like "tracking # not found". Just now I figured I'd set up a shortcut so I wouldn't have to go through Lectric to get to FedEx to check progress and it isn't moving (it's in Montclair, CA), but at least they're saying

Scheduled delivery:
Thursday 9/19/2019 by end of day

Hopefully Lectric is getting better.

Edit: Nobody else has seen evidence of more streamlined shipping so all I can figure is maybe my bike was the last off one trailer and then the first onto another and 2 scans happened back to back. Bummer, I was thinking things were speeding up for the September bikes.

My bike still hasn't moved. It shows "label created" and "anticipated shipdate: 9/13/19". Today is 9/16. I'd bet ya anything it's deep in a trailer at FedEx's warehouse in Montclair, CA and they're going to unload it when they're good and ready. A favorite grumble from truckers is that their trailers are being used as warehouse extensions. Sure they've got gobs of sqft but why handle freight twice? So they've got a zillion loading docks and trailers sit there until they're empty. So when you get your email from Lectric saying it's on it's way it still might sit somewhere for a while. I don't really care as long as they get it here by the end of the week like they promised.

Last edited:
Letric emailed me order 337# will ship around the second week of September. Ordered it 7/31 for early September shipping. I’m hoping this week. I’ll update if I receive any news.

Letric emailed me order 337# will ship around the second week of September. Ordered it 7/31 for early September shipping. I’m hoping this week. I’ll update if I receive any news.
I am ahead of you and I have received nothing saying my bike has shipped. Their website still says "order status unfulfilled ". Still hoping.

Back