Where's My XP?

poorplayer

Here's the start of a thread to discuss shipping issues on the XP. I am still in wait mode myself. Had an "early September" deliver which I have translated in my head to mean "late September," when I really should be back at school. ;) Order #407x on 8/16 white

Last edited:
Here's the start of a thread to discuss shipping issues on the XP. I am still in wait mode myself. Had an "early September" deliver which I have translated in my head to mean "late September," when I really should be back at school. ;) Order #407x
My order #35xx. Early September as well. Three days ago Levi told me it was on schedule for mid September. 15 September is when I will send another email. I don't know how many they ship per month...

Received tracking number Sept. 6th. Still getting message "

Not found
This tracking number cannot be found, please check the number or contact the sender."

Ordered July 9th #2539 Black.....late Aug. shipment group. Is anybody in this group seeing any movement?

Ordered two, one black and one white, on 7/2, #2254 scheduled for late August. Bikes are in transit now. This morning they were in AZ on two different FedEx trucks. Due for delivery 9/12.

Here's the start of a thread to discuss shipping issues on the XP. I am still in wait mode myself. Had an "early September" deliver which I have translated in my head to mean "late September," when I really should be back at school. ;) Order #407x
I hope they aren't your Ms. May, cause that's a pain you can do without:rolleyes:

Good luck!

Clearly not going to happen early September.

From what I have been reading mid October seems to be closer to the truth.

Hi guys mine are 336X, black July 30th. 338X black July 31st and 396X white August 15th. First one coming to my house. Second 2 to my son in Texas. They assured me that the second 2 (600 apart) would be delivered together when i ordered 3rd one. All early September. We'll see. Im retired so i dont care. He on the otherhand has to take off work since they have just been leaving them on porches. Will let you know. Thanks for getting this thread set up poorplayer.

Ordered two, one black and one white, on 7/2, #2254 scheduled for late August. Bikes are in transit now. This morning they were in AZ on two different FedEx trucks. Due for delivery 9/12.
The way it is going now it is just like the first of Aug shipments, we received them 8/26. From history on shipments everyone that has a shipping schedule needs to back it up to the next posted shipping schedule. Last of Sept will probably be an early Oct shipping, just as end of Aug has turned into the early Sept schedule. It looks like the old adage, "actions speak louder than words." 👍

Ordered on July 4th
Order # 233x
FedEx label created - Aug 30
No further movement. Still waiting.

Order #2156 June 29th Black XP
FedEx Label has been created Aug 27
No movement at all.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 7.16.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 7.16.01 PM.png
    622.3 KB · Views: 788
I can't be the only one that's gotten tired of waiting and checked out other bikes on youtube. Well, to be more precise, I can't see where another startup company's bike would make sense. Lectric has shipping and communication problems but at least they're friendly and they show integrity when there's a quality control problem.

So when my eyes wander it's to a more established company - Radpower.

But after a few youtube videos I'm not as impressed as I thought I'd be. More than 1 person says their 800 watt motor acts like a 500 watt. Electrical cables coming unplugged during shipping is common. The 2019 Rad mini imho is butt ugly and the step-through only fits people up to 5'10". $1499 and you have to pay extra for fenders, a rack, saddlebags (sorry I forget the fancy name). But a plus, and I suspect it's a huge plus, is it's got a suspension up front!

But is it worth the extra $? So far I'm sitting tight, but it's not the slam-dunk in Lectric's favor that it used to be.

I can't be the only one that's gotten tired of waiting and checked out other bikes on youtube. Well, to be more precise, I can't see where another startup company's bike would make sense. Lectric has shipping and communication problems but at least they're friendly and they show integrity when there's a quality control problem.

So when my eyes wander it's to a more established company - Radpower.

But after a few youtube videos I'm not as impressed as I thought I'd be. More than 1 person says their 800 watt motor acts like a 500 watt. Electrical cables coming unplugged during shipping is common. The 2019 Rad mini imho is butt ugly and the step-through only fits people up to 5'10". $1499 and you have to pay extra for fenders, a rack, saddlebags (sorry I forget the fancy name). But a plus, and I suspect it's a huge plus, is it's got a suspension up front!

But is it worth the extra $? So far I'm sitting tight, but it's not the slam-dunk in Lectric's favor that it used to be.

I had a Rad Mini (750 watt motor), and the hell of it is that the XP actually has changed the face of the market since it came out. When I bought the Rad Mini this past May it truly was a "value priced" bike at $1499. Almost every folding ebike out there was in that range. The XP changed the game. Now the $1000 price point is becoming the sweet spot for these things, and many bikes are also coming in at $1200. The Rad Mini now looks overpriced by comparison, as do similar bikes like the E-Joe or Volt Mariner or the Motiv Stash.

The question boils down to this - what do you intend to do with the bike? Or, how do you intend to use it? I wanted a fat folding bike to toss in the RV and use both for trail riding and local errands. I wanted a rear rack and fenders. I wanted hill climbing power. Of all the bikes I've looked at since passing on the Rad Mini to my son, the XP comes the closest to ticking off all the boxes. But if you just want something to get around campgrounds or tour the neighborhood, there are other, even cheaper options like the Ecotric and the Onway.

So I wait....

Received tracking number Sept. 6th. Still getting message "

Not found
This tracking number cannot be found, please check the number or contact the sender."

Ordered July 9th #2539 Black.....late Aug. shipment group. Is anybody in this group seeing any movement?
Same message I got, We must be in the same group.
Ordered July 9th # 254* and recieved tracking number Sept 6th "Not found" Message. I also got a black one.
I think there not shipping in order.

Order 2603 on July 10th. I.got the shipping order 9/5 and that’s where it still is. I emailed the company and was first told, it should be “soon”. Then got another email that said they would expect it to start the journey mid week of this week. I don’t know about everyone else, but they were quick to take my money, but have not been very responsive with the delivery. And I am getting fed up.

The only thing that keeps me not cancelling the order is that people that have gotten them seem to think the quality is there and are putting the miles on the bikes. But I’m starting to lose my patience.
Seems like they would do themselves a favor by announcing the lot numbers (like orders 2200-2500) that are actually being picked up by FedEx. They have a Facebook page they could do it there. Could save a lot of frustration and bad reviews if they would just communicate a little more.

I think a big part of this is how the consumer reads things, and how Lectric does, and how they differ.

When I place an order for "early September delivery", I expect to receive it in early September. Preferably very early September.

When Lectric says "early September delivery" I think that is when the bikes will be delivered to them. And "early September delivery" could be any time in the first half of the month.

Then, they have to take the bikes out of the container (which likely arrived by slow ship), create a shipping label for each one, put it back into the container. Have the container shipped to fedex. Have fedex empty the container and start shipping.

If I get my "early September delivery" bike by the end of the month, and it is as promised, I will be happy. I kind of expected they were being optimistic.

Their web site should probably be updated to display realistic estimates of when the product would be delivered to the consumer.
The customer does not really care when Lectric gets the bike, they want to know when it will be on their doorstep.

Their other marketing was brilliant. And they probably have a lot of capital invested in getting this going (so needed as many orders as possible early on). And as near as I can tell they have made lots and lots of sales :)

To over promise delivery dates was probably a risk they had to take to keep the money flowing.

To survive long term they should probably under promise and over deliver. A happy customer generates referrals ;)
Just my opinion.

I had a Rad Mini (750 watt motor), and the hell of it is that the XP actually has changed the face of the market since it came out. When I bought the Rad Mini this past May it truly was a "value priced" bike at $1499. Almost every folding ebike out there was in that range. The XP changed the game. Now the $1000 price point is becoming the sweet spot for these things, and many bikes are also coming in at $1200. The Rad Mini now looks overpriced by comparison, as do similar bikes like the E-Joe or Volt Mariner or the Motiv Stash.

The question boils down to this - what do you intend to do with the bike? Or, how do you intend to use it? I wanted a fat folding bike to toss in the RV and use both for trail riding and local errands. I wanted a rear rack and fenders. I wanted hill climbing power. Of all the bikes I've looked at since passing on the Rad Mini to my son, the XP comes the closest to ticking off all the boxes. But if you just want something to get around campgrounds or tour the neighborhood, there are other, even cheaper options like the Ecotric and the Onway.

So I wait....
The Onway would be my second choice. Sticking with the XP.

I think a big part of this is how the consumer reads things, and how Lectric does, and how they differ.

When I place an order for "early September delivery", I expect to receive it in early September. Preferably very early September.

When Lectric says "early September delivery" I think that is when the bikes will be delivered to them. And "early September delivery" could be any time in the first half of the month.

Then, they have to take the bikes out of the container (which likely arrived by slow ship), create a shipping label for each one, put it back into the container. Have the container shipped to fedex. Have fedex empty the container and start shipping.

If I get my "early September delivery" bike by the end of the month, and it is as promised, I will be happy. I kind of expected they were being optimistic.

Their web site should probably be updated to display realistic estimates of when the product would be delivered to the consumer.
The customer does not really care when Lectric gets the bike, they want to know when it will be on their doorstep.

Their other marketing was brilliant. And they probably have a lot of capital invested in getting this going (so needed as many orders as possible early on). And as near as I can tell they have made lots and lots of sales :)

To over promise delivery dates was probably a risk they had to take to keep the money flowing.

To survive long term they should probably under promise and over deliver. A happy customer generates referrals ;)
Just my opinion.

All of the wording from Lectric I have seen is "Shipping" and not "delivery".

Back