What's a good second power adapter for the Lectric XP Step Through

EVBiker

I want to buy another power adapter for my Lectric XP Step Through so I can keep one inside the house for charging the battery when I bring it inside and keep the other in the shed for charging the bike in an outdoor shed.

I see that Lectric sells a replacement power adapter but it costs $49!

Does anyone have a recommendation for a reasonably priced adapter that is safe? Would this work?

Yeah, I just bought one from Aliexpress for about 60 bucks. It is 4a as opposed to the stock 2a and it has a cooling fan. The stock charger gets up to 145 degrees!

I will post the link when I get home to my computer. I'm looking for a more powerful battery for XP if anyone knows

It looks like the Lectric Bike version is back in stock.

Wish they had a referral program where you can have accessory credits for referrals :)

I want to buy another power adapter for my Lectric XP Step Through so I can keep one inside the house for charging the battery when I bring it inside and keep the other in the shed for charging the bike in an outdoor shed.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a reasonably priced adapter that is safe? Would this work?

Hello EVBiker, did you end up trying the charger available on Amazon and if so, did it work ok?
Regards

I will post the link when I get home to my computer. I'm looking for a more powerful battery for XP if anyone knows
More power can't be done without changing controller & motor. Did you mean more capacity/range? If so I've been down that road and first tried a separate 20ah (vs stock 9.6ah) mounted to the rear rack. Then became concerned about creaking noises at the hinge & latch and suspected the battery contributes to the structure integrity of the frame. Put it back to stock and creaking stopped. Bought a second battery from Lectric and just swap out mid ride. There are some cheaper Chinese batteries that work and claim to have higher amp hours but it's common to hear complaining from users that the Chinese batteries just don't hold up as well as Lectric's.

More power can't be done without changing controller & motor. Did you mean more capacity/range? If so I've been down that road and first tried a separate 20ah (vs stock 9.6ah) mounted to the rear rack. Then became concerned about creaking noises at the hinge & latch and suspected the battery contributes to the structure integrity of the frame. Put it back to stock and creaking stopped. Bought a second battery from Lectric and just swap out mid ride. There are some cheaper Chinese batteries that work and claim to have higher amp hours but it's common to hear complaining from users that the Chinese batteries just don't hold up as well as Lectric's.

Yeah, I meant capacity and range for the XP. My son now has it and uses it for Uber Eats delivery. Was hoping to find a battery that might get him some more mileage...

I ordered 2 extra batteries from Alibaba for my Lectric bikes. I also got 2 extra chargers with high amp rating

My battery is in the bikes right now but I believe it to be 14ah or 14.5ah.. it was the largest I could find that fit the tube..anyways here is a upgraded charger I have

Attachments

• BB2F50BF-4C59-4BE1-9848-542AF7846046.jpeg
    BB2F50BF-4C59-4BE1-9848-542AF7846046.jpeg
    321.7 KB · Views: 243

I have 3 of these chargers and I'm returning them all they only work for about 2 or three charges then they stop working

Back