What size tire can the R1U 700 take?...

Instead of the old post, this one goes in with the sleeve (shim) and voilà. It's always a good thing to put a bit of grease in so the post won't seize after exposure to salt or rain... You just need to install the seat. Will you be assembling the bike yourselves? What you need is 350mm (length) and 30.4 (i.d.)

here's the eBay link :

Instead of the old post, this one goes in with the sleeve (shim) and voilà. It's always a good thing to put a bit of grease in so the post won't seize after exposure to salt or rain... You just need to install the seat. Will you be assembling the bike yourselves? What you need is 350mm (length) and 30.4 (i.d.)

here's the eBay link :
Thank you! In the video, he mentiones that the seat post will raise the seat height some and for shorter riders to be aware of that, or riders who have the saddle all the way down. Since she and I are 5'4" and 5'2", we may have the saddle low to all the way down. Not sure yet. So I dunno if this will work for us, but we will definitely keep it in mind and come back to it once we get the bikes and see how we're sitting on them.

As for assembly, I would love to build them myself. But since we have to have a bike mechanic look over the bike anyway (for warranty), we feel it's best to go ahead and have him/her also assemble it for us so we are 100% sure all is good to go.

That's a very good point. It does take about 2" off the post but I would be surprised even at 5'2" if she'd be at the lowest since I believe the rider height range starts at 5'. You could ask on the FB page if anybody at 5'2" could measure the seat post between the frame and seat. But again it could depend on the inseam also. Hard one to decide. You could wait in her case but you should be ok... buy one than try it out for her and if impossible, you could just change her seat to the C9 he mentioned in the video.

That's a very good point. It does take about 2" off the post but I would be surprised even at 5'2" if she'd be at the lowest since I believe the rider height range starts at 5'. You could ask on the FB page if anybody at 5'2" could measure the seat post between the frame and seat. But again it could depend on the inseam also. Hard one to decide. You could wait in her case but you should be ok... buy one than try it out for her and if impossible, you could just change her seat to the C9 he mentioned in the video.
The C9 is a saddle we both were looking in to anyway as it seems a lot of riders have it and swear by it. I see Amazon has the 10x10 size in stock, but C9's website offers other sizes as well, though are out of stock. I would love to order some accessories now when/if I do find them available as inventory can be hit or miss lately with the way things are in the world. But I also feel I should wait for the bikes to arrive to see what we actually need and/or what fits.

If it were me, I'd wait to order any changes/accessories/upgrades until I received the bike and had a chance to ride it and find out what it actually feels like - just saying ;)...

The C9 is a saddle we both were looking in to anyway as it seems a lot of riders have it and swear by it. I see Amazon has the 10x10 size in stock, but C9's website offers other sizes as well, though are out of stock. I would love to order some accessories now when/if I do find them available as inventory can be hit or miss lately with the way things are in the world. But I also feel I should wait for the bikes to arrive to see what we actually need and/or what fits.
I'm debating whether or not to install the fenders 🤔

I'm debating whether or not to install the fenders 🤔
What would be your reason(s) not to? I hear it will reduce the weight a little if they aren't installed, but I don't know by how much as the bike is already pretty heavy anyway. I personally like the looks of fenders. I highly doubt I will be traveling in a lot of mud or puddles to where they are 'needed', per se. But still, any protection from the unknown of the road and trails is a good thing.

What would be your reason(s) not to? I hear it will reduce the weight a little if they aren't installed, but I don't know by how much as the bike is already pretty heavy anyway. I personally like the looks of fenders. I highly doubt I will be traveling in a lot of mud or puddles to where they are 'needed', per se. But still, any protection from the unknown of the road and trails is a good thing.
I'll probably wait and see how the fenders actually look, I'm probably going to build it myself. I was just thinking I might like how it looks better without them and I probably won't be driving it too much in the rain unless it's a surprise storm or shower

Back