What mods have you made to sport?

Johnu510

I guess this could be for any espin model but I specifically have a sport. I need to get a new seat. The stock seat is killing my bum and its really becoming bothersome as I been riding a lot lately, I also want to get new pedals I dont like the grip on the stock ones they can get stuck in certain shoe tread. Besdies that I was thinking about getting some grips too but just for aesthetic reasons. What mods or replacement parts have you guys done to your espin?

I haven’t made any mods yet but a list of the ones I’m likely to do soonish:
Brooks saddle
Suspension seat post
New handlebars (more upright riding position with further sweep back)
New platform pedals (not sure which at this point, I may just move the ones from my acoustic bike over)
New shifter with gear indicator
water bottle and water bottle holder
mirrors
bell
basket for front rack
folding wire baskets for rear rack
Mud flap for front fender

When I wear out the tires it came with I’ll likely replace with Schwalbe Super Moto X 2.4”
At some point down the road I’ll likely upgrade the headlight to a fancy German model.
I may also decide to upgrade to real full coverage metal fenders at some point.

Last edited:
Got some mountain bike pedals with pins, five ten mountain bike shoes, both to keep my foot from slipping off stock pedals. Also got a water bottle holder that attaches to handlebar from Amazon. Tried several water bottle holders before I found one that works. I bought another seat ( cloud 9) but did not replace because I ended up liking the stock seat. Also got some bags for my rear rack and a folding basket in case I need more storage. It folds flat if you do not need it. Got an electric horn, small fits on handlebar and mirrors. Lastly I got some nice locking cork grips..

Little late to the Sport mod party, but here is what I have done so far:

Suntour seat post
Redshift suspension stem
Mirrcycle mirror
Giddy Up bike seat
Topeak bag and rack
Urban bike retro handlebars
Victagen headlight and taillight

It rides so nice and smooth I actually prefer it over my 4000 dollar US Frey CC. (and it's a ton lighter)

Attachments

• sport golf club.jpg
    sport golf club.jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 255
Nice. I got the black as well. Those handlebars dont look to different? or is it just the angle of the pic? I was thinking they would come in a lot more as thats something im looking into..the way the bars are kinda puts you in a weird posture (although no of the time i ride with no hands anyway)

I want to remove the fenders as well but I dont want any dirt or debris shooting up at me...have you had any issue since taking them off?

Nice. I got the black as well. Those handlebars dont look to different? or is it just the angle of the pic? I was thinking they would come in a lot more as thats something im looking into..the way the bars are kinda puts you in a weird posture (although no of the time i ride with no hands anyway)

I want to remove the fenders as well but I dont want any dirt or debris shooting up at me...have you had any issue since taking them off?
We dont get too much rain here so I took the fenders off. That and the bike secures to my 1up rack easier without the fenders. It was a little tight getting off the rear fender. You need a driver that angles as it is a very cramped opening...

I told you not to do it.

Do you like the mid-drive torque system vs the rear-hub cadence one?
I really haven't ridden CC enough to notice a difference. The 2 things I don't like about the CC right now are the weight and the fact that I do not have instant throttle at start up...

My Sport is a 2020 model. I've added:

larger mountain bike pedals
waterproof panniers
bar end mirror
Mircycle bike bell
3M spoke reflectors
PNW dropper suspension seat post.

Back