What is your dream Ebike?

Riese & Muller Rohloff HS (28mph) with dual power tube and external battery - not shown on this picture.

Riese-Muller-Homage-GX-Rohloff-HS.jpg

Honestly, I love my current bike, but it would become dream material if it had full suspension.
Which would render it a fairly different bike, I realize!
On a group ride yesterday someone had a stump jumper and was hopping every curb, riding down concrete stairs, etc. looked like great fun tho I’ve never tried a bike or riding like that.

I'm generally pretty happy with my very slightly modified R&M Charger GX Rohloff.

What I'd love to see (and ride) is an e-bike version of one of the great custom bikes built by Co-Motion, Breadwinner, or Stinner Frame Works.

I'd love to ride a Bosch Performance CX-equipped Co-Motion Siskiyou, with dual batteries, Gates belt drive, and a Rohloff hub. I'd want a spiffy Tubus rear rack, a beefy front disc brake rotor, a suspension stem, suspension seat post, and a utili-fork like the Rodeo Labs Spork 2.0.

Of course I'd want a custom paint job and have the rear light have a "blinky" mode.

Last edited:
I'm happy with my modified Pedego Platinum Interceptor for now but my ideal ebike would look like this:

Any brand low step or step through mid drive E- MTB capable of carrying 350# of rider + cargo. The bike would have to have 26" or greater rims, front & rear suspension, a minimum of 10 gears either IGH or derailleur, disk brakes, a throttle and perhaps a rear cargo rack.

I've been looking for some time and have yet to see a bike with all these features. Some come close but the best I could do was to modify the Pedego.

Honestly, I love my current bike, but it would become dream material if it had full suspension.
Which would render it a fairly different bike, I realize!
On a group ride yesterday someone had a stump jumper and was hopping every curb, riding down concrete stairs, etc. looked like great fun tho I’ve never tried a bike or riding like that.

You need the Specialized Turbo Levo. It is built around the stumpjumper design modified for the demands of an e-bike. I love mine. You don't realized a curb is there once you get the suspension set for your weight.

As that old song used to say, Love the one you’re with... :)
I did, I promise. Especially after motor exchange and second service. We were getting along well and I was about to buy us an extra battery but she ran away with that other guy anyway.
Now I have this idea that a BH Emotion Atom-x Cross Pro is my dream ebike. It probably will continue to be a dream as it is not sold in Sweden. I could perhaps get it in Finland. Helsinki is only a 15 hour ferry trip away.:D
One way :)

I cant imagine a more perfect bike for me than the 2019 Specialized Turbo Levo. I have ridden one and loved it. Unfortunately many of the harder trails around me(ridable from house) that are viable for a Full Suspension arent currently legal for ebike use at this time. If they were I would own a turbo Levo tomorrow. My Bulls Evo 3 27.5+ handles all the current legal trails just fine. There are legal ebike trails within driving distance but Im just not interested in loading the ebike on the car.

Since this is a 'dream bike', I would like the lowest end turbo levo with aluminum frame available with the newer 700wh battery

Everyday bike:
Riese & Muller Hommage GX Rohloff
(Gates carbon belt, Rohloff E-14)
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Mountain bike:
Nicolai XF2 Trail (
Rohloff E-14)
https://en.hnf-nicolai.com/ebike/xf2-trail/
4K5fCpYnYLH0MgmkcpCmB7.jpg

That said, there is a new contender using the New TQ motor that looks like an interesting alternative to Bosch, with a lot more power, but still integrated Torque and cadence sensing for pedal assist.
The New Haybike Flyon uses it, and if they would put a Rohloff E-14 on it, it would be exciting
basically, a Nicolai XF2 Trail with the TQ motor would be real nice
https://www.haibike.com
Haibike-XDURO-AllMtn-10.0-TQ-Systems-News-eMTB-eBike-3-von-33-810x540.jpg

Ultimate (if it comes out):
Neematic
(15 kW, Torque based Pedal assist, Pinion 1.9XR)
https://www.neematic.com/
NEEMATIC-bike-big-image.jpg

Last edited:
A 28 pd., plus bike with 3" tires, graphene nano-tube frame with those irradiated, English, 5000 year, diamond batteries
developing 6000w ready for immediate delivery for $500. (Hey, a guy can dream can't he?):D

My dream commuter doesn’t exist but if it did it would have a direct drive rear hub motor with Pinion P1.9 XR (Extended Ratio) transmission, carbon drive belt and 1kWh battery

This with 29er 2.4" tires and fenders, with clearance for 2.8" with fenders. Plus wider rims, seatpost and handlebar suspension, rack, 52 or 60v, 3000 W peak (for maintaining speed in wind, hills). Rigid steel fork. Tubeless ready out of the box. Built in smart charger that automatically charges to 80% except for occasional balance charging, and user configurable. Eventually, electronically modulated braking with one lever for both wheels.

Also version with an IGH, carbon belt and a mid drive motor, or a 1x derailleur and hub motor. The Pinion is pretty pricey, I'd love to see something more affordable so more people can enjoy it.

Back