What inner tube for Supercharger GX?

tompat

What tube should I go with the Supercharger GX's Rock Razors?
Looking at Schwalbe No. 21 but not sure if the valve height of 40 mm is enough.

Opinions?

Convert to tubeless.... it’s worth the time/money. Rim tape, valve and some sealant is all you need. The tire and rim will seat each other just fine.

What tube should I go with the Supercharger GX's Rock Razors?
Looking at Schwalbe No. 21 but not sure if the valve height of 40 mm is enough.

Opinions?

Schwalbe has a tube locator on their website. And I think when you pull up the tires on their website the tire specs will tell you which tubes to buy. I keep a couple of spare tubes for each of my Schwalbe tires. If I recall correctly, Schwalbe makes you order tubes in pairs. Between all my bikes, I think I have Big Apples, Big Bens and Super Moto X. And varying diameters of 20", 24" and 27.5".

Schwalbe has a tube locator on their website. And I think when you pull up the tires on their website the tire specs will tell you which tubes to buy. I keep a couple of spare tubes for each of my Schwalbe tires. If I recall correctly, Schwalbe makes you order tubes in pairs. Between all my bikes, I think I have Big Apples, Big Bens and Super Moto X. And varying diameters of 20", 24" and 27.5".

Thanks, I ordered the mentioned inner tubes and hope they are right for me.
The size seems right, mostly worried that the valve length would not be enough.

Convert to tubeless.... it’s worth the time/money. Rim tape, valve and some sealant is all you need. The tire and rim will seat each other just fine.

Schwalbe does not declare the Rock Razors being "tubeless ready", would it still work?

Thanks, I ordered the mentioned inner tubes and hope they are right for me.
The size seems right, mostly worried that the valve length would not be enough.

Schwalbe does not declare the Rock Razors being "tubeless ready", would it still work?

Mine worked fine. 2018 Delite Gx. I believe they are labeled TLE-tubeless easy.

I think what you might have gotten as a recommendation from Schwalbe is the Schwalbe Freeride tubes or something similar.
I would instead recommend Maxxis Freeride. It's limited in range to 2.2"-2.5" but you get tubes with 1.2mm wall thickness, which is thicker than standard tubes.

The Rock Razors provided with the Supercharger indeed say "TLE" on the sidewall.
Might do a tubeless conversion later.

Anyone know if the Super Moto-X tires can be run as tubeless? Could not find anything about that on Schwalbes web site.

Back