What are the current Torque-monster model bikes? (March, 2020)

cuwatra

I'm assuming anything with the latest Bafang Ultra but wondering if there are more motors out there worthy of consideration? 200-300% more power than anything from Bosch/Yamaha/Brose/Shimano is impressive.

The Bafang BBSHD is also a contender of course. Anything else with big torque numbers that is proven reliable from another manufacturer besides Bafang?

Which specific bikes does this group like with these motors?

Biktrix?
FLX?
M2S?

I honestly don't know who else makes a nice finished bike with these high torque motors.

Last edited:
BPM imports F1000 and maybe F95?
Bolton Ebike has two Bbshd bikes
Frey have several Ultra equipped bikes

TQ makes a motor (HPS 120S I think) for the "S-Pedelec" European class of eBikes. I know the expensive German M1 line of bikes uses it, and Haibike is going to use it in some of its 2020 bikes, which may or may not come to the US.

Haven't heard good things about the TQ motor:

nice finished bike with these high torque motors.

Luna went with the Bafang M600 in the X1 Enduro. Luna indicates "more than 95nm". 120nm per Bafang. With ludi controller presumably more than 120nm torque.

It's a really nice bike but I didn't care for the motor noise (they have a quieter gear option now) and the torque sensing could use more refinement. Unfortunately Bafang locked down the motor so I don't believe it's possible to tune like the Ultra.

Hilleater 52V Galiano Phaserunner edition:

Ezee or GMAC 500W hub motor with locked clutch allowing strong regen braking.

Grin Phaserunner advanced motor controller capable of up to 35A

Grin Cycle Analyst V3 display. The standard for e-bike displays, allows custom tuning and customization for advanced users.

52V, 15 amp hour high drain battery made with Samsung 30Q power tool cells.

Mountain bike style low rise handlebar and stem for a more aggressive riding stance.

52 tooth front chain ring to keep a reasonable pedaling cadence at the higher speeds that this bike is capable of.

Schwalbe Super Moto X 2.4" tires

Hilleater 52V Galiano Phaserunner edition:

Ezee or GMAC 500W hub motor with locked clutch allowing strong regen braking.

Grin Phaserunner advanced motor controller capable of up to 35A

Grin Cycle Analyst V3 display. The standard for e-bike displays, allows custom tuning and customization for advanced users.

52V, 15 amp hour high drain battery made with Samsung 30Q power tool cells.

Mountain bike style low rise handlebar and stem for a more aggressive riding stance.

52 tooth front chain ring to keep a reasonable pedaling cadence at the higher speeds that this bike is capable of.

Schwalbe Super Moto X 2.4" tires

The HillEater Phaserunner ebike, with the GMAC motor, puts our around 1600 peak watts. I took one out for a test ride and it flies.

These are interesting...

First video at 0:28 - he really did bang the open motor against the table top a few times to pop out the gear! Messed up the gasket while doing it, too. And the guy in the background in open toe sandals.

I expect that the Bosch facilities look quite different....

Nice looking bikes! Stylish battery placement as well although I wonder if it might make them a little top heavy as opposed to low in the frame?

G6_X_FRONT@2x.png

First video at 0:28 - he really did bang the open motor against the table top a few times to pop out the gear! Messed up the gasket while doing it, too. And the guy in the background in open toe sandals.

Ahhh...sure enough...you are right! :D

1583978110587.png

Watt Wagons just announced the Travalanche:

Basically a rebadged fully loaded Exess HP-E180 with upgraded controller

bike-links.png

Back