We need to stop blaming victims in bike theft!

I agree 100% screw the bastards that go" now,now Man up". Thats like getting a traffic violation for someone else's screwup (BTDT). You have my sympathy nothing worse than a stinking" Theif. Seems at least 90% of the people I know seem to be capable of thievery of one type or the other.This is a sick society where others laugh at your misfortune.( Like Gillette said "screw em"- thats not the whole quote)
There is such a thing as over dramatization. So, he got his bike stolen, he feels bad, we feel bad for him, he doesn't like us asking if it was locked up, and on, and on and on. The web seems to bring out the drama kings and queens and even feeds their drama and need for recognition.

Perhaps a Poor Baby will help?

Sorry, but my upbringing stressed soldiering on, not stopping for a pity party. Sorry for your loss, there. Now go buy another bike and a good lock and use both. And no, I do not support bike or any other kind of thievery, and I am not victim blaming.

The funniest part about this whole thread is it's not even about a pity party or anything like that but its what everyone focuses on because it's the easiest thing for them to understand and attack. It's about understanding what you mean when you ask questions. People pass judgment without even knowing they are passing judgment but for some reason they think "Well what's wrong with that?" well because we live in a society where we have to ALL get along. People tell me to suck it up and move on which is fair for them to say because that's how they feel, but by your own logic you are telling me I should do what you tell me to do and ignore what I want to do? Which is a bit hypocritical and you might want to get off the horse and realize the answer is somewhere in the middle. But this is how it works but you have such extremes of left and right on a subject that everyone has just stops listening. If that's you then really all you want to hear is your own voice to convince yourself of your own strawman arguments. I brought up a subject in a controversial way to incite emotion sure maybe it was on purpose maybe it was to slap my opinion to it. The problem is once we stop listening to one another we just get worse as a forum and a society. I could care less if you agree with me and to be honest if half these people on this thread I conversed with in real life and I said "hey comments like this are victim blaming" and instead of listening and understanding where I am coming from (This does NOT mean you have to agree), but that is too much to ask someone so deeply rooted in their own self-serving narcissism they can't even see they have lost touch with how to be just a decent human being. Instead they call you a snowflake for having any emotion that they believe is below them or that they would never feel. It's like the emotion cannot exist if they cannot understand why it exists, so you try to explain it but by doing so get called a snowflake again. It's a lose lose battle and people wonder why no one actually understands anything beyond their own nose, why relationships are failing at such an alarming rate.. Social media has destroyed our ability to have compassion and communicate or to explain emotions or feelings. And the loudest people on this thread are the issue because there is no way you are allowed to think differently then I believe the world should be. You must be the issue, I better put the world back into alignment with my ideals...

Meh all this thread has taught me is the world is turning into a place I no longer want to be a part of. Everyone is just out for themself and as long as they do a good deed once in a while they pat themselves on the back and call themselves one of the good guys! Maybe it was the point of this thread to know who those people are on this forum so just like in real life I can make decision to not have people like that around me. I will not be replying to any more comments about this thread unless it's a real question directed at me and is in a manor that is poised in a respectable manor.

The take away form this is you can still listen to someone that has a different view from you. It does not mean you agree with it but what might just happen is you might understand something that you never knew before and become a better person because of it. Happy Ridding all!!

Geez, I just saw the other thread about the 1,000 watt bike and fear mongering. All that and your bike got stolen. Sorry to hear.

Everyone got worked up over how much power you had and that’s all moot now that you don’t have your bike.

I had a friend whose bike was stolen and he was one of the lucky few who the police actually recovered it, so hopefully you’ll be so lucky as well.

Geez, I just saw the other thread about the 1,000 watt bike and fear mongering. All that and your bike got stolen. Sorry to hear.

Everyone got worked up over how much power you had and that’s all moot now that you don’t have your bike.

I had a friend whose bike was stolen and he was one of the lucky few who the police actually recovered it, so hopefully you’ll be so lucky as well.
Yeah what's even worse is they were right 1000w (for me) was over kill and for my next bike I am going to be going to a 500w mid-drive. Please note i was coming form a single speed 500w hub motor which now I know is so different then a mid drive. The power ban on a hub is so different than 11 gears on a mid drive!

I agree 100% screw the bastards that go" now,now Man up". Thats like getting a traffic violation for someone else's screwup (BTDT). You have my sympathy nothing worse than a stinking" Theif. Seems at least 90% of the people I know seem to be capable of thievery of one type or the other.This is a sick society where others laugh at your misfortune.( Like Gillette said "screw em"- thats not the whole quote)

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yeah what's even worse is they were right 1000w (for me) was over kill and for my next bike I am going to be going to a 500w mid-drive. Please note i was coming form a single speed 500w hub motor which now I know is so different then a mid drive. The power ban on a hub is so different than 11 gears on a mid drive!
Something to consider is maybe that 500w mid drive is not the right answer... but for a different reason than power output. I'm not speaking of a manufactured ebike here, where I assume they've thought this through and dealt with the issue. But if you have a choice of installing, lets say, a BBSHD, or a BBS02 (or a Tongsheng TSDZ2 for that matter) then there the construction of the motor itself when subjected to heavy load should be considered.

You can kill a BBS02 if you work it hard enough. The controller can fry, most typically. This is not as much of a problem as it once was, but its still something to keep in mind. I've also heard of some Tongsheng users having trouble with a little blue gear inside that can die an early death if the motor is worked too hard. On the other hand, a BBSHD was built as the heavy-duty successor to the BBS02 and its bits are more robust to the point that you can't break it unless you hotrod the thing with something like a 50a aftermarket controller and say a 72v battery. So for normal folks using it within factory limits... its essentially indestructible.

I tone down my BBSHDs' output on pedal assist as I don't need that much power, either. But I am very happy to have motors that are overbuilt that I can rely on.

howiroll.jpg

Perhaps you should hang out with a different group.
More common than you think, for instance, the person goofing off on the job, the person that accidentally walks out of a store with something unpaid for, the person helping themselves to a gravel stockpile, the person that doesn't make an effort to return something someone drops, the list goes on.Why do you think Jesus said we were all sinners? Biblical laws aside, there are so many laws these days its hard not to break at least one of them.
If you all live in a perfect world please give me the address( one guy even told me how to reuse postage and you wouldn't believe his method for robbing Wal Mart, I cannot cast the first stone, these days I am more thoughtful, when I was young my moral compass never stopped spinning( how about stealing privacy?) Running a junker polluting everyones air? The list is endless, sin beckons.
Reminds Me of a time when instant "Karma" occurred I was using a brand new abrasive cut-off saw, and the onlookers were watching and neglected to tell Me my bluejeans were on fire, got a pretty nasty burn( I believe there were a few muted chortles) anyway I sat the infernal machine down, it was gone within 15 minutes( around a thousand dollar loss) we were in the midst of doing other things and at least I wasn't blamed for a thief stealing it.
I will leave with this,"no one really gets by with anything". Perhaps it was wrong,I never lamented the loss of the "pipe saw" If there is a higher power, all your screwups are in your Mark 1000" ready for the Judge( one better hope forgiveness is possible, you will not lie before the "Judge")

Something to consider is maybe that 500w mid drive is not the right answer... but for a different reason than power output. I'm not speaking of a manufactured ebike here, where I assume they've thought this through and dealt with the issue. But if you have a choice of installing, lets say, a BBSHD, or a BBS02 (or a Tongsheng TSDZ2 for that matter) then there the construction of the motor itself when subjected to heavy load should be considered.

You can kill a BBS02 if you work it hard enough. The controller can fry, most typically. This is not as much of a problem as it once was, but its still something to keep in mind. I've also heard of some Tongsheng users having trouble with a little blue gear inside that can die an early death if the motor is worked too hard. On the other hand, a BBSHD was built as the heavy-duty successor to the BBS02 and its bits are more robust to the point that you can't break it unless you hotrod the thing with something like a 50a aftermarket controller and say a 72v battery. So for normal folks using it within factory limits... its essentially indestructible.

I tone down my BBSHDs' output on pedal assist as I don't need that much power, either. But I am very happy to have motors that are overbuilt that I can rely on.
Yeah from what I understand form the BBSHD its all metal gearing inside so that is why it is so noisy compared to the 500w model that has nylon in it. I will be trying it to see but I am a bit torn for sure. I just wish you could put the BBSHD into some kind of PA level that the motor goes to 1/2 power so the noise goes down. I had the CAN BUS version so there is not much tinkering you can do with it. I hope the 500w will do what I want

Here is the bike I am thinking of. Would love your opinion on it!

Well... if he's in a War Zone?
The Ukrainians placed a laptop that is the size of a Russian vest's armor plate. Sure enough they found the guy who took it, dead with a hole in the laptop at his heart. The armored plate was found where the laptop was.

Yeah from what I understand form the BBSHD its all metal gearing inside so that is why it is so noisy compared to the 500w model that has nylon in it. I will be trying it to see but I am a bit torn for sure. I just wish you could put the BBSHD into some kind of PA level that the motor goes to 1/2 power so the noise goes down. I had the CAN BUS version so there is not much tinkering you can do with it. I hope the 500w will do what I want

It weighs closer to 60lbs with battery.

I have a BBSHD (purchased Jan 2021)running at 30amps, 1500+W. You cannot hear the motor over the normal tire or ambient noise on the trail. My buddy has a BBS02, same thing, essentially zero noise. You can adjust the BBSHD controller so that the power level goes to 1/2 power, or whatever level you want that does not exceed the controller max output.

Last edited:
The Ukrainians placed a laptop that is the size of a Russian vest's armor plate. Sure enough they found the guy who took it, dead with a hole in the laptop at his heart. The armored plate was found where the laptop was.
I dont get it

Back