Way to tell if pedal assist is engaging?

Foxhound68

Region
Canada
I'm wondering if there's a way to tell if the pedal assist is engaging , my screen isn't showing watts going up. The throttle works but the screen shows 0 watts even using throttle and it feels as though the pedal assist isn't engaging but I'm not positive. Is there anyway to tell if it's engaging?

I'm wondering if there's a way to tell if the pedal assist is engaging , my screen isn't showing watts going up. The throttle works but the screen shows 0 watts even using throttle and it feels as though the pedal assist isn't engaging but I'm not positive. Is there anyway to tell if it's engaging?
In the higher PAS levels you should feel it kick in. It’s very noticeable.

In the higher PAS levels you should feel it kick in. It’s very noticeable.
I can't hop on and ride the bike so I'm trying to tell by having the back wheel lifted off the ground and spinning the pedals with my hand, would it still be noticable ?

Reading up I feel as though it may be pushing it with my hands doesn't put enough torque into the motor to engage the assist
It does use a torque sensor so if you’re not pushing on it hard enough it won’t kick in. Trust me, you will know when it engages. It’s very noticeable. With the bike on, does the speed increase on the display when you spin the real wheel by hand?

It does use a torque sensor so if you’re not pushing on it hard enough it won’t kick in. Trust me, you will know when it engages. It’s very noticeable. With the bike on, does the speed increase on the display when you spin the real wheel by hand?
The speed does increase yes but it just feels like the assist isn't going on , the throttle works perfect but the screen doesn't show watts increasing for throttle either only speed increases

Update : got someone to hop on the bike since I can't and the pedal assist is working it just doesn't work when I move the pedals by hand not enough torque being applied to kick it on ! Problem solved thanks everyone

Last edited:
Back