Watt wagons Helios (super commuter)

Hintrod

Does anyone or perhaps Pushkar know if the 2.8 inch Schwalbe Super Moto X will fit and work on the new Helios?

Also I see there is a new wired light offered on the Watt Wagons Atom commuter bike the Magicshine 2000. Any comments on this light and how it compares to the more expensive wired headlight offered on the Helios?

Yes. You can fit the 2.8 tires.
Magicshine is respectable. Doesn’t have the cache of a supernova but it’s brighter by 400 lumens. The other thing missing is stvzo compliance, required for EU.

So no fat option on the new one, or is it a consideration?
The new crosstour is interesting, but the 20's on a fixed frame size sort of nixed it for us (one of us is 5-4, I'm 6-6).

So no fat option on the new one, or is it a consideration?
The new crosstour is interesting, but the 20's on a fixed frame size sort of nixed it for us (one of us is 5-4, I'm 6-6).

The new Crosstour is 20" and the frame is full suspension. Realistically 5'6" to 6'3" is the ideal rider height.
6'6" is probably on the higher side.

Re Crosstour: Yeah, that's what I figured, and my height is leg-biased which tends to make matters worse, even if framed for 26's. It also lacks rack options.

Regarding the new Helios, the bummer is 2.8" wides don't work quite well on the beach or desert playa, which was my main complaint with R&M, on a build that otherwise would be fantastic and reliable for those conditions. So, Helios or Delite hit every cylinder except where we go when boondocking. (tears hair out)

Totally get it -
1. Have you ridden a full suspension fat tire (any brand) on the beach ? Thoughts?
2. Between FS and hardtail fat tire - which one is better for beach in. your opinion.

Most of my experience has been hardtail manual (fat), fs manual (mountain), and a one-lung trail bike (250cc, fs on steroids). The latter is the most fun, but can't take it many places, can't carry crap (other than a backpack) and is HEAVY to load/unload. We're looking to reduce our travel footprint...carrying more than a pair is 'challenging'. Reducing to a pair of something that can be a great 'all-arounder', especially as our daytrip vehicles when out on RV travel is the goal, and loading around 100lbs is something I can still handle.

Fat: fine in sand, "okay" on the rough stuff, but not very good at handling rough/rugged slams. FS, you guessed it, good on the rough/rugged stuff. Overall, none of these are good for day trips (lack of racks/packs). When I first looked at crosstour, I thought, wow, great range, and can build a rack for this, then the reality of geometry set in...

Most of my experience has been hardtail manual (fat), fs manual (mountain), and a one-lung trail bike (250cc, fs on steroids). The latter is the most fun, but can't take it many places, can't carry crap (other than a backpack) and is HEAVY to load/unload. We're looking to reduce our travel footprint...carrying more than a pair is 'challenging'. Reducing to a pair of something that can be a great 'all-arounder', especially as our daytrip vehicles when out on RV travel is the goal, and loading around 100lbs is something I can still handle.

Fat: fine in sand, "okay" on the rough stuff, but not very good at handling rough/rugged slams. FS, you guessed it, good on the rough/rugged stuff. Overall, none of these are good for day trips (lack of racks/packs). When I first looked at crosstour, I thought, wow, great range, and can build a rack for this, then the reality of geometry set in...
DM me please. We have a modified chassis of crosstour we are trying to adapt for that use case. This will be later in 2022 - Q3 ish but a big target for us for next year.

Back