Watt Wagon direct competitors?

Thats a good tip.. I havent been doing that. And did you pick up the new model that's in-progress? I saw some of the prototype frame pics.. you can see the vision.. its coming together so beautifully

I do have to wonder about the longevity of chains and gear sets with it being tuned up to 2-3000 watts. 500 miles ?

Yes, I have raised that question here. Personally I would prefer a 9 speed chain drive system. Stronger. Regardless, with that much power folks are going to have to manage it judiciously. There's a reason those who can afford it are going with a gates belt drive and Rolhoff (sp?). Problems with those too however. It will be interesting to see how the Kindernay proves up.

@Gee_Whiz

What is so good about Watt Wagons is the instant R & D Pushkar provides, almost all high end Ebikes will wait until the next model year to put in the improvements, he does them as soon as he has them and the price often stays the same. Low end Ebikes do it too, see Radpower on the Rad Rover from year to year.

The upgrades he puts in come from feedback from his customers, where they tell him this would make it better and here is why, essentially Watt Wagon is a Prosumer driven Ebike company.
The motor is the heart and soul of an Ebike and Watt Wagons version of the Bafang Ultra has yanked the Chinese electronics out and installed German electronics from Innotrace which is unique and the very best in the industry. Every Ebike rider with an old Ultra who upgraded to the new Ultra has reported incredible gains from the same Ebike, this verifies the claim made by Watt Wagons.

@Gee_Whiz

What is so good about Watt Wagons is the instant R & D Pushkar provides, almost all high end Ebikes will wait until the next model year to put in the improvements, he does them as soon as he has them and the price often stays the same. Low end Ebikes do it too, see Radpower on the Rad Rover from year to year.

The upgrades he puts in come from feedback from his customers, where they tell him this would make it better and here is why, essentially Watt Wagon is a Prosumer driven Ebike company.
The motor is the heart and soul of an Ebike and Watt Wagons version of the Bafang Ultra has yanked the Chinese electronics out and installed German electronics from Innotrace which is unique and the very best in the industry. Every Ebike rider with an old Ultra who upgraded to the new Ultra has reported incredible gains from the same Ebike, this verifies the claim made by Watt Wagons.

I was reading about innotrace recently too when I was researching the biktrix line.. That's awesome to hear!

It sounds like your research path is very similar to my own. I was teasing the Watt Wagons loyalists not that long ago because I didn't understand why - thought they were paid or something. I thought the pricing was out of my reach (it kinda still is) so after I felt I knew what was good and what was not I put together my own list of priorities.

I want full suspension, carbon frame, quad piston brakes with large size, lots of travel for the hills around San Diego where I ride, and a cool design. Several meet the above so I looked at...

1. Speed - so the Archon X1 or Luna with Ludicrous Mode, and this eliminates all the brand names with {Shimano/Brose/Bosch}.
2. PAS smoothness like the {Shimano/Brose/Bosch} grade - so that eliminated the Luna and now it's Archon by a landslide.
3. I'm torn on the hub drive w/Gates belt but nobody really has this yet for full suspension

This is really what landed me on WW. And based on all the hints and rumors it sounds like they have some really, really cool stuff coming in the near future.

Another Wattwagon differentiator ... where else can you talk with the owner/founder of the company directly on the EBR forums?! ;)

So true! I thought he only posted on Reddit but that's really cool. I see that his name is Pushkar and although I like the watt wagon name.. I'm now wondering why he didn't name his bike line "Pushkars" with a font like Mrs Eaves Small Caps for the P, similar to the WordPress "w". It seems alot of the high-end bikes and components are known by one name.. Shimano, Rohloff, Desiknio, Bianchi, Stromer etc. But Watt wagon is cool too!

So true! I thought he only posted on Reddit but that's really cool. I see that his name is Pushkar and although I like the watt wagon name.. I'm now wondering why he didn't name his bike line "Pushkars" with a font like Mrs Eaves Small Caps for the P, similar to the WordPress "w". It seems alot of the high-end bikes and components are known by one name.. Shimano, Rohloff, Desiknio, Bianchi, Stromer etc. But Watt wagon is cool too!

Man.. there is slippery slope with my name ... what if (for some random reason) the bike breaks down .. people will make fun of it and say it is a "push-cart" (there, i said it) !! 😂 😂 ... THINK about that

I did, and decided to take the safe route on naming.

Nu-huh... "pushkars" is not gonna happen :)

Last edited:
Man.. there is slipper slope with my name ... what if (for some random reason) the bike breaks down .. people will make fun of it and say it is a "push-cart" (there, i said it) !! 😂 😂 ... THINK about that

I think you should have named your company "Pushbike".

Man.. there is slipper slope with my name ... what if (for some random reason) the bike breaks down .. people will make fun of it and say it is a "push-cart" (there, i said it) !! 😂 😂 ... THINK about that

Thats hillarious and so true lol 🤣

I always like names that pay homage to the folks who had a major influence on the underlying technology.. a la Tesla. Unfortunately, the"Li-on King" was a man named John Goodenough! Get that past the marketing team.. lol

Man.. there is slippery slope with my name ... what if (for some random reason) the bike breaks down .. people will make fun of it and say it is a "push-cart" (there, i said it) !! 😂 😂 ... THINK about that

Glad you went with Wattwagon!

Any chance we could get a Travalanche with a Rohloff and a bigger battery so we don't have to be frustrated looking at the so expensive Optibike R15C :) ?

Any chance we could get a Travalanche with a Rohloff and a bigger battery so we don't have to be frustrated looking at the so expensive Optibike R15C :) ?
Travalanche dropout doesn’t work with rohloff since the axle plate (torque arm) position interferes with the travalanche design.
You can order it with Kindernay though. You might be able to fit 17ah but needs concentration of a ninja.

Are there any plans for a new travalanche frame or battery system that would accommodate either dual batteries of even better a frame integrated battery like the Optibike R15C?

Are there any plans for a new travalanche frame or battery system that would accommodate either dual batteries of even better a frame integrated battery like the Optibike R15C?
Not in the short run. Frame triangle doesn’t leave a lot of room for a second battery at the moment.

Thank you.
Clearly it would require a new frame design with either dual battery including one in the frame like the Frey EX pro, or single in frame battery (of possibly different capacities) inside the frame like the R15C.

I hope you consider it, it would take the Travalance with Kindernay close to the ideal bike :)

Thank you.
Clearly it would require a new frame design with either dual battery including one in the frame like the Frey EX pro, or single in frame battery (of possibly different capacities) inside the frame like the R15C.

I hope you consider it, it would take the Travalance with Kindernay close to the ideal bike :)
Are you looking at trail riding or commuting ?

Back