Wanted a belt drive and internal hub - Ordered a Flluid 2-s

LS3Miata

Well, I guess I get to post the first thread in this section. I’ve been wanting a belt drive internal hub e-bike and seeing this with two batteries for range sold me. They say it starts shipping in July, I’ll be happy with fall.

for background, I have 4 conventional bikes that I should probably sell 🤣. My e-bike stable is a juiced cross current x and a Biktrix full suspension juggernaut. I look forward to this next generation.

Last edited:
taking a huge risk .indiegogo is famous for not getting people their bikes. and this bike who knows? unkown motor and gearbox and huge batteries?? range seems huge too the company has to be around long enough to support all those components that are one of a kind

I think the bike will get built and delivered but I am concerned over new technology. I thought I was safe with a Specialized with auto shifting hub and wish I never bought it , was supposed to be my go to bike when ever the others had issues . Gave it to my brother.

I am in contact with Fuell about “what if “ scenarios, 1st response was generic they will need to do better for me to be a “tester” for their new tech

I think the bike will get built and delivered but I am concerned over new technology. I thought I was safe with a Specialized with auto shifting hub and wish I never bought it , was supposed to be my go to bike when ever the others had issues . Gave it to my brother.

I am in contact with Fuell about “what if “ scenarios, 1st response was generic they will need to do better for me to be a “tester” for their new tech
I have seen way too many of these bikes ever make it at all. technology like this takes a huge amount of R&D and testing to work the bugs out.

Fuell had already delivered their 1st-generation Flluid bikes via IGG. So delivery is not a risk. Timely delivery OTOH will most likely not happen. Regardless, I'm glad to hear that Buell continues to push the envelope in terms of driving new tech. He is to be commended for that. When I first read about the Valeo drivetrain, I thought it was a clever integration and would be nice to see in a production bike. Good on Buell/Fuell for stepping up.

I almost had a Flluid 1S myself. Best of luck to you, LS3Miata!

This is the article that sent me to this thread. The first thing I thought was ‘how heavy is that battery’

The Flluid 1/S was not a light bike by any measure. Its build is quite robust. It's also a bit top heavy due to the top battery. However, the Flluid 2/S has a lower, more slanted top tube/battery; so that should help. You can also go for the Flluid 3/S if you don't need the extended range.

According to their claims the range is 225 miles, at 20 mph, that is 11.25 hours of riding! The first 30 miles can be a lot of fun. At about two hours of riding each additional mile is a negative experience that gets worse and worse with each marginal mile added.
Check out the exploded view of the motor. Who is going to work on this? Are those spring loaded forks for $6k? Also you must be connected to a remote server at all times to use your bike. Remember those Canadian bikes that all got remotely neutered from cell towers?

Last edited:
You can’t be connected at all times , not sure about that. Also you may be done at 2 hours many of us are not . If I don’t get at least 60 miles or think I can before I leave I usually wont take the time to get ready. I do agree about Stromer screwing the people up north.

on bikes made for riding long distances.
what is so special about these "made for riding long distances" bikes? Those Flluid 2/3 ebikes looks pretty descent for such rides - otherwise it doesn't make any sense to ride with 2x1kW batteries all the time: as far as I understood from their web site, there are no cover for batteries (battery works as cover itself) - so there is no way to ride without one of the batteries without having huge hole in the frame.

Realistically, if you're ridding 200 plus miles at a crack, you want a motorcycle, not an ebike. That would be torture!

what is so special about these "made for riding long distances" bikes? Those Flluid 2/3 ebikes looks pretty descent for such rides - otherwise it doesn't make any sense to ride with 2x1kW batteries all the time: as far as I understood from their web site, there are no cover for batteries (battery works as cover itself) - so there is no way to ride without one of the batteries without having huge hole in the frame.
a bike that fits you well and is well setup ergonomically would be critical.

a bike that fits you well and is well setup ergonomically would be critical.
Can't agree more, however pretty much any properly sized bike can be adjusted to particular person pretty easily with no/low cost (i.e. for better grips or saddle).

Even if the touch points were altered, I wouldn't want to ride this bike for 2.5 miles, let alone 225 miles. No local bike shop will touch it. Buyers will be high and dry by 18 months. It is heavy and junky.

Attachments

• Valeo.png
    Valeo.png
    97.1 KB · Views: 123
No local bike shop will touch it.
This never stopped companies from selling their bikes. Try to find some parts (or better spare battery) from Serial 1 / Harley Davidson ebike or get it serviced at LBS! However they are being sold pretty actively, including via Best Buy. While Fuell being less known and advertised is doing much better in this aspect.
It is heavy and junky.
Do you have specs to compare weight of this with i.e. Bosch/Brose + Shimano/Enviolo? I personally big fan of progress and competition in bike world, always looking for new products and releases, using them myself when I can (i.e. I am happily riding Kindernay VII hub which is also still very rare). The progress should move, legacy things like chains and derailleurs are here to stay for a while, so you won't be pushed to "junky" tech soon.

Can't agree more, however pretty much any properly sized bike can be adjusted to particular person pretty easily with no/low cost (i.e. for better grips or saddle).
not really frame size can make a difference. well if you peddle that is.

Even if the touch points were altered, I wouldn't want to ride this bike for 2.5 miles, let alone 225 miles. No local bike shop will touch it. Buyers will be high and dry by 18 months. It is heavy and junky.
exactly no one can do any work on it and I doubt parts well be available 2 years from now.

not really frame size can make a difference. well if you peddle that is.
That is why I explicitly specified this: properly sized bike. Don't buy something which doesn't fit you well - this is rule #1 for sure.
exactly no one can do any work on it and I doubt parts well be available 2 years from now.
High probability, however as I already mentioned above - we need some progress in this area and we need more motor + gearing integrated systems. I really want to be optimistic about this one!

Back