Walmart ebike with four year protection plan

ScottyPoppy

Region
USA
As a secondary/backup ebike I am considering an ebike from Walmart. The only reason I am considering this is due to their remarkable "protection plan" which costs $77 for FOUR years. It looks like even though it will be a cheapo junko, Walmart is guaranteeing to keep it working for FOUR years. I can get a basic ebike for $600-800. Anyone had this experience who could comment on it?

Plan covers:
  • Mechanical & Electrical Failures
  • Item Failures During Normal Use, or from Normal Wear & Tear
  • Other Common Malfunctions
Plan includes:
  • 24/7 Customer Support
  • Easy Online Claims
  • Fast Repairs or Replacements

Are you talking about Hyper ebikes?

People have been saying that the biggest advantage of Hyper ebike is excellent return policy.. because Walmart.

So when you buy your ebike, if it doesn't work, simply return it.
Funny, but doesn't really address the question. If walmart will keep the bike running for four years..... Maybe it is worth it?

As a secondary/backup ebike I am considering an ebike from Walmart. The only reason I am considering this is due to their remarkable "protection plan" which costs $77 for FOUR years. It looks like even though it will be a cheapo junko, Walmart is guaranteeing to keep it working for FOUR years. I can get a basic ebike for $600-800. Anyone had this experience who could comment on it?

Plan covers:
  • Mechanical & Electrical Failures
  • Item Failures During Normal Use, or from Normal Wear & Tear
  • Other Common Malfunctions
Plan includes:
  • 24/7 Customer Support
  • Easy Online Claims
  • Fast Repairs or Replacements
Go for it. Sounds like the warranty alone is worth a few hundo...

I suppose a bike like that could teach you what your second bike might look like from a whole slew of (potentially negative?) standpoints. It could also teach you that inexpensive bikes might have so many issues so frequently you can't trust it. This impression ruining the idea that e-bikes can be so much fun/are so useful many consider them game changers in the way they do things. That would be a shame...

Personally, I do all of my own work. First, I don't like the idea of somebody with no qualifications/experience is working on it (that idea makes my skin crawl), and second, I don't want to drop it off and loose the use of it while it sits there waiting for somebody to work on it. That's just me though, FWIW.

I am very interested in this question for real. I really feel like this might be the best way to have an electric bike for years. Questions are...

1. If a problem with motor or battery occurs, most likely you will have to send whole bike back or better option can u walk it into a Walmart and refund it there, that would be easy.

2. If you can't walk it in to return, how much would you have to pay each time to get it shipped to recieve a new one.

I have a Walmart credit card and you get 5% cash back on purchases so I would love to try this if I saw a bike that I could use.

I am very interested in this question for real. I really feel like this might be the best way to have an electric bike for years. Questions are...

1. If a problem with motor or battery occurs, most likely you will have to send whole bike back or better option can u walk it into a Walmart and refund it there, that would be easy.

2. If you can't walk it in to return, how much would you have to pay each time to get it shipped to recieve a new one.

I have a Walmart credit card and you get 5% cash back on purchases so I would love to try this if I saw a bike that I could use.
There would be a 3rd question on my inquiry, regarding turn around time. Am I going to loose the use of my bike for days, weeks, or months? What assurances do I have, or am I at the mercy of somebody that could care less?

A few years ago, I bought an analog bike from Wal-Mart and had them assemble it. It was a horrible experience. They did end up replacing the bike and couldn’t get that one tuned up correctly either. I ended up just returning the dang bike and getting my money back. So my input is that is to find out who is doing the warranty work. From my experience, their bike mechanics leave something to be desired…..

Well.... I have five months until my Evelo Aurora Limited arrives. I plan on getting an ebike at Walmart with the four year protection plan. I will use that ebike for five months and then the Walmart ebike will become a backup ebike and family ebike. Then I anticipate learning the answers to all the questions raised above. Once I have ordered it I will post here which ebike I ordered.

Since my budget is around $900 I also have the option of getting a Rad Mission ebike (friend has $100 discount code). I am guessing the Rad would be a higher quality one. However the Rad bike warranty is one year vs. four for a Walmart one.

I just got the rideal for 999, it's better than the rad mission. Check out the recent reviews, 750w motor and good off brand battery. But I am with you on the desire for a Walmart back up. I have little experience maintaining bikes so it could be a way to go for a cheap base bike

I bought a garden hose with a lifetime warranty. All I had to do when it sprung a leak was ship it to them for a warranty claim on my dime for a possible warranty qualification. Because of the bulk it would cost $15.60 to ship a $25 hose. I bought a patch splice. Shipping a bike on your dime will get pricey!

I bought a garden hose with a lifetime warranty. All I had to do when it sprung a leak was ship it to them for a warranty claim on my dime for a possible warranty qualification. Because of the bulk it would cost $15.60 to ship a $25 hose. I bought a patch splice. Shipping a bike on your dime will get pricey!
I would shoot for just taking it back into the return dept at the local Walmart. They seem willing to take anything back...

Yeah that's key. If they can take it back via store it could be a great deal. 1 year from now if let's say battery or motor does, just put it back in box and take it to Walmart customer service. Once they take it back, a new one should be sent to you in theory. That is what I would want.

I shop WalMart online because I get 5% cash back and I easily return online items to store, very easy and quick

Well.... I have five months until my Evelo Aurora Limited arrives. I plan on getting an ebike at Walmart with the four year protection plan. I will use that ebike for five months and then the Walmart ebike will become a backup ebike and family ebike. Then I anticipate learning the answers to all the questions raised above. Once I have ordered it I will post here which ebike I ordered.
What is the return policy for the Walmart bike? If it’s like 90 days just get the bike and get a refund on day 89. Buy another bike from Wally and repeat.

Buy a cheap bike if you can afford to throw it away. No LBS worth a hoot will touch a Walmart bike. Especially an e-bike. Actually many won't mess with ANY motors and batteries other than their premium line. And with good reason. Chinese companies are completely isolated from any damage awards.

yeah but the whole point of this thread is about the 4 year protection plan. And if a problem occurs, like battery or motor going bad, the whole bike should be replaceable. As in if the battery goes bad 1 or 2 years down the road, instead of contacting them about replacing the battery, the bike is returned and a replacement bike will be shipped or a full refund. I am willing to contact walmart about this.

I think the goal would be to have it as a backup bike, and for yourself to fix minor issues with it until something major happens and it can be returned, you could be without a bike for a few weeks or a month or so. I say we find out.. I am shocked more people aren't more willing to even look into a 4 year plan that could keep a bike going.

Back