Walk Mode?

GuruUno

My dealer programmed "Walk Mode" at my request, however it doesn't work.
I was at another dealer yesterday and saw that a customer had his activated (to assist walking with a flat, as an example), and it worked flawlessly.
Do I need to ask my dealer to do something else or?
It shows activated when you press the button, but zero assist when trying to use it.

I've thought my walk mode was broken a few times because I tried to use it while the assist was turned off. You have to select an assist mode, then press walk, then hold down the plus button.

Sorry but I think it’s a silly feature. None of my bikes are a strain to walk alongside. Sorry that’s no help, but...

Wait until you need to push a 50 lb bike with a flat. Sure you might change the tire but the point is.....

Wait until you need to push a 50 lb bike with a flat. Sure you might change the tire but the point is.....
Yeah, I lead a blessed life. Not a single flat in a decade and a daily rider. Still, my cruisers during my childhood years were beasts. If it rolls I’m good. And these days I’m a gimp.

It would be easier to help with some details...bike? Display, et al?

It let's me get my e-bike up my stairs - I can no longer lift/carry it and maintain my balance.

This is exactly why I use it also. I have the heaviest variant of the bike (xl frame), so about 55lbs bike with two full saddle bags for work commuting, it's not light. If I decided to get a good workout on the way home that's a lot of weight to carry up the apartment stairs.

It let's me get my e-bike up my stairs - I can no longer lift/carry it and maintain my balance.
my apologies for being so closed-minded. Very cool. I use my throttle and my front drive bike if I'm encountering stairs. I should have thought harder before remarking.

Just for S#!ts and Giggles.......................

Can "Walk Mode" be used as a low speed Throttle ?
Without damage.....
I have a Mid Drive bike (with No Throttle), but it occurred to me that the Walk mode Button IS essentially a Throttle.
Which seems to be effected by what Gear the bike is in.
When in 1st it is quicker.
So I wonder if any harm would come using it while riding ON the bike ?

And why, again, don't most Mid Drives have Throttles ???

Craig

My Haibike has a walk mode button but it doesn't work and I'm told none of the US model Haibike/Yamaha combo works in walk mode. No idea why, it's a feature I'd like to have

I'm a US-market Haibike Full Fat-6 owner.

I've been trolling eBay.de (German eBay) looking for solutions to the walk mode. So far, no answers. Wonder if buying a EU computer-display and corresponding mount would activate it? Anyone know? Stands to reason that it might work.

I have found German plug-and-play cables capable of attaching front and rear lights (powered by the main-drive battery). The US-specific switch has a "light" button." The EU lights I've found are operated using the OE switch. For any looking to add a light, keep in mind that you MUST NOT use a light with a combined draw exceeding 500mAh. More than that and Yamaha says the drive unit may be damaged.

I've been looking for a better computer-display mount than HaiBike-Yamaha provided for the Full Fat-6 SDuro 7.0. Mine has broken twice in less than ten months (and roughly 600 miles) since buying the bike. Haibike does not think it is a warranty item. So far, it has cost me $120 a throw to fix their flawed and prone to damage mount (the actual computer-display has survived). The Full-Fat-6 is a solid bike. I've loved it. But the computer display is fragile plastic placed dead-center on the handle-bars. It gets whacked VERY easily when riding.

Anyone have any bright ideas?

Aftermarket? EU solutions? Schematics so we can figure it out ourselves?

Thanks.

So far I’m lovin it but the Walk button is not activated. Trek bike shops said that Walk is NOT to be enabled in the U.S. because it’s a non-assist function, sort of like having a throttle? Anyone else heard this or had that function enabled? Far as I’m concerned, its a feature Trek advertised so it should be working.

I don't know about the "throttle" excuse, but I know Walk mode doesn't work on my '17 Gazelle Arroyo with a Bosch Performance Line motor. I thought upgrading from the Intuvia to the Nyon display might give me the option to enable it through firmware update, but it didn't.

The walk mode on my 2020 Allant+8S is activated here in the US. I believe Trek finally caved in and allowed the feature. I have not needed it yet but have tested it out.

Back