Wait Time...

Greg A

It's the beginning of May and I've been told the Pioneer Allroad I ordered will not be available to ship until sometime in July. That seems like a long time to me! Is this normal?

I'm willing to wait but I'm kind of curious - how long did you guys have to wait from the time you ordered your bike?

My friend here on the forum waited 8 1/2 weeks roughly. Optibike is a 20 min. drive for me, so I wouldn't wait if I wanted one. ;) Good luck!

Since they are importing that model I don't think it would make any difference where you live (nice hood btw). Looks like a decent bike, I like how the motor is encased VS a Bosch with plastic covers. Thumb throttle and full ergo grips are nice too. That is quite a wait, maybe you should get a medically induced coma and have them wake you up when it arrives! ;) -S

Haaaa!
No scheduled (or otherwise) comas for me Shea!
It is a long wait, but I'm hoping it'll be worth it. I've done a bunch of research and it does seem like a nice bike, as a few others on here that already are riding it have said.
I just was curious what others have experienced as far as wait times.

They have or keep some models for their floor for the locals, but their shipments for delivery sell out fast. I called and asked if I could rest ride one a couple weeks ago.

When I ordered mine the wait was over two months. I got lucky and someone returned a bike. I was able to purchase a used bike with 31 miles on it. Same warenty, and 90 day love it or return it. I had my bike within two weeks.

When I ordered mine the wait was over two months. I got lucky and someone returned a bike. I was able to purchase a used bike with 31 miles on it. Same warenty, and 90 day love it or return it. I had my bike within two weeks.
Have you reviewed the bike? Shared your experience with it up in here? Just curious what you think of it. -S

It's the beginning of May and I've been told the Pioneer Allroad I ordered will not be available to ship until sometime in July. That seems like a long time to me! Is this normal?

I'm willing to wait but I'm kind of curious - how long did you guys have to wait from the time you ordered your bike?

Greg, I think you're waiting because they have to order it from manufacturer in China. Read this whole thread:
http://electricbikereview.com/community/threads/hey-group-i-got-my-new-pioneer-allroad-today.1001/

Stevenast,

Thank you, I am aware of the reason for the wait time.
You may want to read that entire thread again as well - there are some new posts you may benefit from...

Yeah, the delivery wait times for my Allroad slipped a few times, which sucked. All told, I waited around three months. That said, when you eventually get it, you'll forget the pain of waiting tout de suite.
I know I was in severe angst, but I can't even remember how bad it felt. This bike is that good.
Allen

Thanks Allen!
I'm anxiously but patiently looking forward to "the day" it arrives. I'm convinced it will be worth it!
But it's taking ....so ......long.......

Patience grasshopper:
Hey you're as old as dirt too. (I turned 61 on April 30th.)
Allen

DSC08439.jpg

Good looking pilots seat!
I like the additions - gives me something to look forward to doing myself. Customizing to make it suit.

Hey all, how does the standard seat work for you all?
Did any of you swap it out? Or add a shock absorber to the post?

Yep - older than dirt! HAA!

The ergo grips are PDW Whiskey Grips, perfect for a recovered alcoholic!
I swapped out the stock saddle without even giving it a try. I have always ridden Brooks saddles and this bike wasn't gonna' be any different.
DSC08938.jpg

Allen

Hey Greg, your Allroad is due for July delivery, as you said, but it should be worth the wait because instead of having them assembled overseas, we will be assembling the new run of Allroads here in Colorado with a higher quality fork, wheels and Schwalbe tires, amung other nice improvements to make the bike better than ever.

Hey Greg, your Allroad is due for July delivery, as you said, but it should be worth the wait because instead of having them assembled overseas, we will be assembling the new run of Allroads here in Colorado with a higher quality fork, wheels and Schwalbe tires, amung other nice improvements to make the bike better than ever.
Good to know!

Still waiting.
But, it's still July - the month of promised delivery, so I'm being patient.
Hey Greg A:
Didn't one buzzard say to the other buzzard, "patience hell, I'm gonna' kill something?"
I feel your pain. I was in your shoes last Fall. Once that Allroad shows up, you will most certainly forget what a pain it was to wait for it; trust me on that score.
This National Bike Challenge has really fired me up here. The Grey Ghost just turned over 1,150 miles, and I owe my inspiration to Team EBR.
@Optibike_Austen, if you are here, could you please get that Allroad shipped to Greg ASAFP? Team EBR needs his miles! (There you go Greg; you're welcome.)
Allen (another more than satisfied Allroad pilot).

Last edited:
Back