Wait Time...

..I've been way too busy with work, but after getting it put together I only have a grand total of 3 miles on it zooming around the block like a kid and getting used to the assist levels and shifting. But this thing is a Blast!

Congrats! Brings back some good memories.

Yes indeed Greg:
Welcome, welcome, welcome. My Pioneer Allroad just turned over 1,800 miles and it is better than any car I've ever owned.
I use it to commute to work and I get there in a better mood than when I leave my cottage; it's that good.
The hills won't give you any troubles whatsoever. I can got up the steepest hills in my (very hilly) town, without even using the small chainring.
The Allroad is a climbing fool. You'll see what I mean.
Have a great Labor Day weekend. I'm quite sure you will.
Allen

Thanks all.
I found a couple hours to ride, and get to know my new toy a little better yesterday afternoon.
I rode 22 miles R/T - mostly on the flats. I used assist level 1, and then 2 on the way back and still had 3 bars left on the battery gauge.
It was awesome.
Gonna' hit the hills next time out.

Greg-
Congrats! I wonder, how many $2900 bikes are being equipped with high end FOX forks? These forks can retain from $500-750.

Enjoy!

Don't feel bad, I ordered a 29c in April with delivery supposedly in July and here it is almost December and still nada.
and i payed for it in full with debit card. I'm scared!

Its almost ready, Jim is going to contact you soon to talk about some options on the bike.
My wife's City arrived on Dec.29th; so approximately a month delay. (Improved from 4 months for my Allroad)
I found time to assemble it Thursday, but my wife is miserable with a cold and couldn't try it..but I did. Very comfortable ride and simple to use; no derailleur with Nuvinci hub. The motor seems more responsive than my Allroad, even on level 1. This is perfect for my wife.

Phuong,
In watching your videos and explaining to another biker (Fremont video), I now see how you are riding your bike in PAS mode. I was wondering and wasn't seeing you activate any throttle and it had me bewildered. I have never ridden a e-bike yet and am currently researching. Does your Allride have a throttle? Is that your heart beat I hear in the video!!? :) cool.

Thank you for sharing.

Last edited:
Phuong,
In watching your videos and explaining to another biker (Fremont video), I now see how you are riding your bike in PAS mode. I was wondering and wasn't seeing you activate any throttle and it had me bewildered. I have never ridden a e-bike yet and am currently researching. Does your Allride have a throttle? Is that your heart beat I hear in the video!!? :) cool.

Thank you for sharing.
Hi Greg,
Yes, the Allroad has PAS as well as throttle. If you plan to ride trails, then I think having a throttle is essential. It will get you out of a jam when you get caught in the wrong gear on a steep grade and have to step off the bike: 1) you can use the throttle with the kickstand down to change gears (leaning the bike so the rear wheel is off the ground). 2) once in the right gear, the throttle can help you get a rolling start up the hill so that you can get enough balance to pedal again.
Note: if you have Rolhoff hubs, then the above does not apply. Since they can shift under power, unlike derailleurs.

Back