Wait a minute. How fast do Voltbikes ship?

Just for that, I'm not going to sent Voltbikes a Christmas card until January 2nd. See how they feel !! Teach them to mess with my emotions.

Not the news I was hoping for. I guess the unpredictable nature of buying a bike from a company that does not carry a huge inventory but simple imports and distributes, is that delays will occur. Dammit, I was looking forward to next week.
Dang it. Someone just replied to me and said they aren’t getting them till the 27th.

Okay. Thanks for that update. You got a quick response, give them props for that.
They're still not getting a Christmas card until after all the turkey left-overs have been used up.

Okay. Thanks for that update. You got a quick response, give them props for that.
They're since not getting a Christmas card until after all the turkey left-overs have been used up.
Lol. I still haven’t gotten a response from their website, they gave me a response when I commented on one of their YouTube videos.

Tromboner, got it. Thanks for the update. You say that Radbikes are sold out too. Like you and PCDoctor, I also like the Radrover as a second option. These 2 bikes are so close in price, spec and appearance.
How do you know that the Radbike is sold out? There website says that they are in stock, but the rear rack and fenders accessories are out of stock.

Tromboner, got it. Thanks for the update. You say that Radbikes are sold out too. Like you and PCDoctor, I also like the Radrover as a second option. These 2 bikes are so close in price, spec and appearance.
How do you know that the Radbike is sold out? There website says that they are in stock, but the rear rack and fenders accessories are out of stock.
The radcity is out of stock and only the white radrover is in stock.

Not the news I was hoping for. I guess the unpredictable nature of buying a bike from a company that does not carry a huge inventory but simple imports and distributes, is that delays will occur. Dammit, I was looking forward to next week.
I first started looking at the Yukon 750 back in October of last year, and this is the first time I've seen anything posted on their website about not having bikes in stock. In fact, they announced last month on Instagram that they've moved to a larger facility in Surrey, BC. I think they're one of the few companies that actually keeps an inventory on-hand, which is probably easy for them to do since there are no bike frame size or battery options offered.

With Voltbike, Rad Power and Juiced Bikes all waiting on bikes, I'm beginning to think that the problem does indeed lie in Asia. Not sure if it's a parts inventory issue, manpower shortage, or just the bureaucracy of shipping and customs.

From Court's review last year:

"VoltBike is an online-only electric bike company based out of Burnaby Canada. They recently expanded to a shipping depot in Northern Washington to serve both markets more effectively, and to me, that’s a sign that the business is going well. I’ve reviewed a handful of their products over the years and the speed and quality of shipping have always impressed me. Not just because the bikes arrived in Texas, Colorado, and even Cabo San Lucas Mexico unscathed… but because they only charge a flat rate $70 for the US and $50 for Canada."
Test rode a Yukon 750 this morning and the bike's owner told me both the Yukon 750 and the Mariner he purchased survived the ocean delivery from WA to HI without any damage. Now, that's a real test: from shipping dock to truck to boat to truck again.

So I had to make a decision, in order to get my bike before my camping trip. I really liked the Yukon and the Radcity. But the Yukon was gonna be unbearably long on the delivery time, and the Radcity was sold out till Mid June (after my camping trip)
So.
I went above my budget and went for the bike I really wanted but didn’t want to pay for. I bought a Surface 604 Rook.
Interesting Side note here. When I tried to use Affirm to finance a Radcity, Affirm would only offer me 25 percent APR, which is unbelievably high. But when I bought the surface 604 with the same financing company, no matter what repayment plan I picked, I wasn’t paying ANY interest. And I read through all of the fine print and didn’t see anything in there to suggest hidden fees.

I've read and heard good things about the Surface 604 Rook. I'm sure you'll be happy with it. Please post your first impressions and let others know too.

Great news. I see their website is showing the Yukon 750s are now read to ship as well. Looking forward to hearing how the bike held up in shipping and first ride impressions. Don't leave us hanging!

Spoke with the owner just now. Monday is confirmed to ship out!
Thanks for the update. I've been waiting 3 weeks for my Yukon 750 ltd. Now I have to wait and see how many back orders there are ahead of me, I assume they will ship according to when orders were received.

call them! I spoke to the heavy accented man and he looked up my order by number. Told me that my order specifically, was assembled Friday for Monday ship-out. I'm curious how long it takes to get from WA to IL leaving Monday....

Back