Wait a minute. How fast do Voltbikes ship?

Last Update : Bikes made it finally this morning Wednesday June 27th, boxes do not look to beat up. I need to run to work so will work on pictures and let everyone know if all is working later. Went to Chicago, Nashville, Charlotte and finally Raleigh. That is a lot of trucks and warehouses to have them moved around with chance for mishaps. Added some tape to box to strengthen handles but otherwise no visual damage I can see on outside of boxes.

1530110738769.png

UPDATE: New delivery date of Tuesday June 26, no reason given from YRC. Lost weekend of riding. I guess that is what you get for $50 shipping of two bikes.

I started this and will post in separate thread once I have bikes and have time to give my feedback. Just thought others may want the information so far. Hope to have bikes on Friday June 22, 2018.

Voltbike Yukon 750 Limited 2018 Edition Fat Tire Owner Review – Ordered May 27, 2018 and added second bike to the order on June 1, 2018. I live in North Carolina. Arrived June XXX. Original order was for son and then decided Dad wanted one also. I already have two e-bikes, one I built and one from Electric Bike Company. Read my review of EBC by seeing my posts under CalicoSkies. Very happy with the EBC bike and have over 1000 miles of trouble free riding.

VoltBike showed as being in stock when we ordered but they were filling backorders first. I did not have much luck with the email system on their website but when I called they answered every time. The credit cards (used one for each bike) were charged and one worked but the other had 2 fraudulent charges as well as the VoltBike. This type fraud was reported by at least one other person on the forum. The card that was compromised was the one that was used via online order and the one given over the phone for added bike was fine. The VoltBike legit charges are International charges so you may need to call credit card company to approve charge, as we both had to do with our USA bank cards. I contacted Voltbike via email concerning the card fraud and did receive response back that the problem was located and a security firm was hired to correct, so that was good response and action on their part.

Three days after the charge on June 13th received a email saying bikes were shipped and given a tracking number. Tracking number did not show on YRC Freight until the next day (normal). I opted not to pay for residential shipping but the 2 bikes appear to be shipping to the home anyway. Tracking shows a delivery date of June 22nd.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up on credit card issue. Would you mind taking pics of the shipping box to show how it arrived as well as how it's packed inside. Trying to judge how good, or poorly, each company is doing when it comes to boxing up their bikes.

Yes I will note how the packaging looked and if any issues on the new Voltbike Yukon. The picture below is all I have for the Electric Bike Company delivery from last year. I did have some damage on the basket in front but I think it was a painting issue because it was flaking and no damage on the box itself. EBC replaced the basket for me. I would say there packaging is pretty well done.

IMG_1753.JPGIMG_1755.JPG

One of the reasons I pulled out of my Voltbike Elegant order was my card received fraudulent charges as well. Never could reach Voltbike.I got a new card, and am enjoying my new Magnum Ui6 from a LBS. lesson learned. The

Not sure if there were other options available prior, but the only payment options now are through PayPal.

There were other options before, they must have discovered that an employee was doing it, or they were hacked.

I picked up my Elegant from the Canadian office/warehouse. They used paypal to put through my card. (I was watching them do it)

Presumably, if they had a card machine, or other option, in-house for telephone orders they would also use it for in-person pick-ups.

So, I'm thinking that Figs is correct - other options were removed.

i too had fraudulent charges on my credit card and was forced to cancel my card which is always a pain. Still have not had confirmation of my bike being shipped from my may 27 order. Despite being told it would be shipped on june 13th. Summer is half over . i hope its NOT the squeaky wheel thats getting their orders.

Tried to order a white Yukon 750 Ltd in the small frame yesterday but they're out until late July. George confirmed that they still have the Yukon available in the large frame but black only. More waiting.

My replacement lcd isn't landing until Friday from last Wednesday and I don't think it will fix the issue. The buttons press/click just fine.... My airshock forks have arrived and I'm not changing any parts until this thing starts up. Week and a half just looking at me, all sad.... lol wtf is happening. Im storing this huge flipping box as well, geez...

I am not sure how willing you are ripping into the brand new bike but if I was just sitting around I would be pulling the controller out and looking for a bad connection. Hard to believe the LCD or Controller would go bad just from a ride in the truck. Maybe battery not seating correctly. I am sure you likely did all this but thought I would throw it out there. George has a video of replacing the controller on the website.

I am not sure how willing you are ripping into the brand new bike but if I was just sitting around I would be pulling the controller out and looking for a bad connection. Hard to believe the LCD or Controller would go bad just from a ride in the truck. Maybe battery not seating correctly. I am sure you likely did all this but thought I would throw it out there. George has a video of replacing the controller on the website.
Watched everythjng a week ago.. I'm waiting because if he tells me I can't return it because I took it apart I'll fly myself to Washington and shove it somewhere

One of the reasons I pulled out of my Voltbike Elegant order was my card received fraudulent charges as well. Never could reach Voltbike.I got a new card, and am enjoying my new Magnum Ui6 from a LBS. lesson learned. The
Wow, this is crazy. I also had fraud on my credit card that I used to purchase my Voltbikes. Its a card that does not get a lot of use, 3-5 charges a month. If this happen to 1 person, would say meh, but 3 or 4 people on this same thread is an serious issue.

Having worked in IT for 18 years and been actively involved in PCI compliance for 3 of those years, I can tell you there are a lot of merchants that have the attitude, "A security breach will never happen to me." Even some of the large companies that you figure would be up to speed on this stuff are getting hacked because they didn't really seek out their own vulnerabilities whether they be network or personnel related. Restaurants and bars can be some of the worst because who knows what is happening with your bankcard when your server takes it from you to pay the bill and goes somewhere in the back of the establishment to "process it." I know I've had at least 2 cards hacked this way.

Going with PayPal is a smart move on Voltbike's part. The Voltbike website won't capture any card information so no one at the Company or their website contractor has access to that information anymore. Processing financial transactions is all PayPal does so they're not going to risk the one and only thing they do by being slack on bankcard security. I do recommend if you have a PayPal account that you enable two-factor authentication for another level of security.

Yukon out of stock again, shows July 9th for more inventory.
That's better news than I heard from George at Voltbike. He told me late July, and we know how that goes. I'd probably buy something else from someone else, but few ship to Hawaii and if they could they don't have any inventory.

Watched everythjng a week ago.. I'm waiting because if he tells me I can't return it because I took it apart I'll fly myself to Washington and shove it somewhere
Follow up: George has a 2nd bike shipping out for exchange next week. They are doing my drop off and return with the same trailer. Get it out off my hands so, I can move forward.

I wish everyone a happy beginning however your bike lands with any bike you choose. It's by far the best personal gift that I have ever given myself. I promise you'll agree on your 1st sunny day ride. It's my only conserving thought with my recent VB Experience, I'm going to love it, eventually lol.... Stay positive friends. Patience takes practice.

Unpacking Yukon 750 Limited 2018, this is for PCDoctorUSA and others. Was able to get one bike of two open and everything seems perfect as far as I can tell. Will not get to other bike until Friday or Saturday. I think the packing was good and with no damage that makes it great in my book. The bike did move around in seven trucks the best I can tell. After everything was put together it powered right up. Took it for a quick spin and all seems good. Will do my full review after I get some miles on the bike
.unboxing1Yukon2018.jpgunboxing2Yukon2018.jpgunboxing3Yukon2018.jpgunboxing4Yukon2018.jpgVoltbikeBoxes.jpg
Day1Yukon2018.jpg

Calicoskies, I got mine 2 weeks ago and love it, ride it every day. The only problem I have had is that the front brake line was not properly secured to the forks and was rubbing on the wheel rib. In now have a hole in the line and hydraulic fluid leaked all over the brake mechanism and wheel rim. Maybe just take a minute to make sure the same doesn't happen to your bike.

Back