Wait a minute. How fast do Voltbikes ship?

Forget what the site says, The Enduro was "In stock" on the 5/16 with 1-2 days prep and it shipped yesterday... Call them and talk to the guy 1st hand. Somebody else, on here, received their order under 2 weeks. I put the heat on them just so, the urgency was there. I work in customer service myself and pressure helps the pain LOL... I understand if they have hundreds of orders. I never said I would cancel. I just wanted straight answers and eta.

i will give a call on Monday, see what’s up.

i knew of the Rook, but not the Colt. That Colt is looking good to me. More money of course, but a general upgrade on components.

Not knocking the Elegant, but both the Colt and Rook look like better bikes. Was seriously considering a Surface604 bike, but like many other companies, "We don't ship to Hawaii." What's really funny is the boat carrying those bikes from Asia goes right past us.

I ordered one for my wife on 5/18/18. Received it today(6/12/18). I ordered a Juiced CCS for myself and it took exactly two months. The CCS arrived in perfect condition. The Elegant was damaged. Box was in terrible shape. Now I will have to wait for a replacement front wheel.

I got my Yukon 750 Ltd delivered today. Yippeee.
Preorder placed on May 12, Voltbike website stated that they were sold out and they were expecting new delivery on May20th, fair enough.
Website was later updated to say delivery was delayed, new date for them to receive was May 27th. A little frustrating, but it is what it is.
Bike delivered to me today after several calls to Voltbike last week.
Bike arrived in good condition. No damage to the box and packaging did it's job. Admittedly, the bike only had to be transported 110 km (65m) of which 70km was on board a ferry.
Everything seems to be included. Holy crap this thing is a beast. Can't wait till tomorrow to rip up the neighbourhood.

Glad to hear you finally got your bike and that it arrived in good condition. Don't forget to share some pics!

Emailed twice, called, no response. Called my CC company and cut the money off. Looking now at getting a Magnum Ui6 from LBS. I figure if I can’t reach them now, I won’t be able to reach them later if I have a problem.

Too bad, I liked the Elegant.

That sucks. Who was the carrier that delivered the box?
YRC freight.

Here is a quote from Voltbikes website: "YRC Freight takes extra care for every package and ensures that the bike arrives without damage.".

My wife and I are working with support to resolve the issue.

Yeah, yrc had scheduled for early appointment drop-off and they arrived at 4pm. I missed a day of work.... Box was clearly on it's side at one point and the bike will not turn on. I'm charging battery now and already contacted Voltbike. If the issue continues tomorrow, they will send a new LCD to start with. Ugh...

The age old question: Will it ride with the power off? YES very well actually!!!

For anyone who has been waiting on Voltbike to respond to their emails and/or calls, here's a comment George Krastev of Voltbike just posted in the Voltbike Yukon Owner's Group on Facebook in response to several users commenting on Voltbike's response to issues,

"George Krastev Hi folks, sorry to jump into the topic and thanks for all the feedback. This season we experience triple more sales compared to this time last year. We still try to adapt to the new reality and hiring more people as we speak to handle all requests. Since April, two more members joined our team who will help manage all emails and phone requests making us 7 in total. Growing company at that speed is not always easy task, but I can assure you that answering all requests is always been top priority to us."

He's a very nice guy. Too bad they are so overwhelmed it's hurting. I wish mine would turn on....
I'm really on the fence between the Yukon and the Biktrix Juggernaut Classic (750W). The Jugg puts me over my budget, but a couple of points I like are:
  • Mid-Drive motor makes it easier to do flat repairs and swap out wheels for different size at a later date if I choose to.
  • Like the Bafang rear hub motor, the BBS02 is popular and user-replaceable parts are available.
  • 9 pounds lighter than the Yukon.
  • Roshan has been super responsive on this forum and to email. He also monitors and responds on Facebook and YouTube.

I'm really on the fence between the Yukon and the Biktrix Juggernaut Classic (750W). The Jugg puts me over my budget, but a couple of points I like are:
  • Mid-Drive motor makes it easier to do flat repairs and swap out wheels for different size at a later date if I choose to.
  • Like the Bafang rear hub motor, the BBS02 is popular and user-replaceable parts are available.
  • 9 pounds lighter than the Yukon.
  • Roshan has been super responsive on this forum and to email. He also monitors and responds on Facebook and YouTube.
I own a Rad Rover and the Yukon 750 is a direct cousin. It's a ton of fun and minimal maintenance with the hub but, you will have limitations. The hub is strong but, not a real big hill climber. Premature wear will happen in the hub of you overdemand it's assistance. Both great entry bikes and a good place to start depending where you plan to ride. Perfect for around town and hilly prairie paths in IL.

The juggernaut is a different class bc its power is double + middrive mounted motor (obvious). If I could afford it, I would get the juggernaut but, be careful of state laws. That thing can do 30mph easy and you do want to be caught. Perfect for private ATV parks or property.

One day I will get a larger class motor but, not yet. I want to commute and traverse for fun without the law bothering the good times. I hope this helps. Doesn't matter who you buy from right now there is a wait and a gamble... play the dice.. DO NOT SETTLE FOR LESS, OR MORE THAN NECESSARY. NO REMORSE lol.. If this is your 1st ebike you'll love any one of them.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. Would go with the 750W BBS02 and not the 1000W BBSHD, and keep it configured for Class 3. Hawaii has yet to decide how to categorize ebikes so you can't technically get a bike license for them. However, if the city hall substation you go to to register your new bike doesn't pick up on the fact that it's an ebike by looking at the bill of sale ("Voltbike" is a dead giveaway), you can slide it through. No penalty for not licensing it since ebikes not yet classified, but having that orange decal on the seat tube keeps the cops from taking a second glance.

He's a very nice guy. Too bad they are so overwhelmed it's hurting. I wish mine would turn on....
Before I ordered my bikes on May 17th, I specifically asked what was the realistic ship date, was told June 5th. On June 11th I sent an email asking for an update on my order, zero response. Yesterday June 16th received an email saying my bikes would ship on June 18th. Going to cross my fingers and hope that is the case.

I bet they are testing every bike more thoroughly bc mine will not turn on, and we maybe exchanging entirely. If this takes another month I'll have to decide if I'll be patient or PO'd.

Before I ordered my bikes on May 17th, I specifically asked what was the realistic ship date, was told June 5th. On June 11th I sent an email asking for an update on my order, zero response. Yesterday June 16th received an email saying my bikes would ship on June 18th. Going to cross my fingers and hope that is the case.
If it helps you any, I ordered my bike on May 12th and had it delivered on June 12th. One month exactly. In fairness their website clearly stated that they were out of stock and that they were taking preorders back in May. I live a couple of hours away from their Vancouver HQ so shipping to me could not have been any easier. If you live outside the Pacific Northwest, obviously there will additional delays as the bike will have to be handled by multiply carriers. At the moment it seems like a 4 to 5 week wait is normal.

Mine had shipped on a Thursday and at my door the next Wednesday evening, despite being in nearby Chicago Sunday night. If that helps perspective...

Back