Volt Yukon 750 Limited Soon Vs. Rize X in 4-6 Months?

chadworthman

Region
Canada
Good evening,

I've narrowed down my ebike search (in Canada) to these 2 bikes: Volt Yukon 750 and the Rize X.

I've searched the previous threads and found a lot of information on these 2 bikes, but I have a conundrum that no previous thread really addresses.

The bikes look very similar in almost every aspect, but here are the differences I've determined so far:
  • Volt Yukon 750 actually uses a 500W Bafang motor, despite the 750 in the name.
  • Rize X uses a proper 750W Bafang motor.
  • Volt Yukon 750 uses a cadence sensor while the Rize X uses a torque sensor.
  • When factoring in rebates, shipping, other outside factors, the difference in prices is a wash.
It appears I could modify the current to the motors to make up for the difference in power. I also realize, given everything else is equal, I could have longer range with the 500W motor over the 750W. I should also mention I'm pushing 240lbs these days, but sincerely hope to lighten the load over the summer. Do I need the extra 250W?

I'm also wondering if these are pretty much the same motors, but they're just playing with the ratings to comply with Canadian regulations.

The other factor in this decision, in March 2021, is availability. The Volt Yukon is available for order today. The Rize X is out of stock and Rize will be releasing the new 2021 models by mid April, which won't ship until July.

I'm considering the Rize X to be the slightly superior bike between the 2. I'm wondering if the differences I've identified are enough to justify waiting until at least July for delivery of the Rize X over buying a Yukon 750 now?

Thanks!

Chad

Last edited:
Rize offers a 19.2 ah battery vs. the Yukon's 17.5 ah battery. Not a BIG deal, but worth an easy 200 or more when offered as an option.

I'm 315, and I would say that in the hills, 250w can make quite a difference here.....

Fatties are pretty power hungry on soft surfaces when run at low inflation. The bigger the motor and battery the better....

I bought a Rize RX Pro (Ultra mid drive fattie) this past October after carefully weighing the differences between quite a few similar bikes. Clearly tough to beat on a bucks spent for bang received basis. Love the bike, would buy another in a heartbeat, but I would go with 27.5 tires next time. That's me and my riding style though. Mine is used with pavement tires, as an on/off road hybrid. -Al

Good evening,

I've narrowed down my ebike search (in Canada) to these 2 bikes: Volt Yukon 750 and the Rize X.

I've searched the previous threads and found a lot of information on these 2 bikes, but I have a conundrum that no previous thread really addresses.

The bikes look very similar in almost every aspect, but here are the differences I've determined so far:
  • Volt Yukon 750 actually uses a 500W Bafang motor, despite the 750 in the name.
  • Rize X uses a proper 750W Bafang motor.
  • Volt Yukon 750 uses a cadence sensor while the Rize X uses a torque sensor.
  • When factoring in rebates, shipping, other outside factors, the difference in prices is a wash.
It appears I could modify the current to the motors to make up for the difference in power. I also realize, given everything else is equal, I could have longer range with the 500W motor over the 750W. I should also mention I'm pushing 240lbs these days, but sincerely hope to lighten the load over the summer. Do I need the extra 250W?

I'm also wondering if these are pretty much the same motors, but they're just playing with the ratings to comply with Canadian regulations.

The other factor in this decision, in March 2021, is availability. The Volt Yukon is available for order today. The Rize X is out of stock and Rize will be releasing the new 2021 models by mid April, which won't ship until July.

I'm considering the Rize X to be the slightly superior bike between the 2. I'm wondering if the differences I've identified are enough to justify waiting until at least July for delivery of the Rize X over buying a Yukon 750 now?

Thanks!

Chad

I'm 250+ and ride an NCM Moscow with a rear hub 500w motor (48v) and find it plenty powerful both on road and off road. I feel for off-road use the cadence sensor is a bit of a nuisance with it's lag, but the throttle makes up for it no problem.

Rize offers a 19.2 ah battery vs. the Yukon's 17.5 ah battery. Not a BIG deal, but worth an easy 200 or more when offered as an option.

I'm 315, and I would say that in the hills, 250w can make quite a difference here.....

Fatties are pretty power hungry on soft surfaces when run at low inflation. The bigger the motor and battery the better....

I bought a Rize RX Pro (Ultra mid drive fattie) this past October after carefully weighing the differences between quite a few similar bikes. Clearly tough to beat on a bucks spent for bang received basis. Love the bike, would buy another in a heartbeat, but I would go with 27.5 tires next time. That's me and my riding style though. Mine is used with pavement tires, as an on/off road hybrid. -Al
I have both and the RX is a completely better bike performance-wise but for over 250lbs I could see getting the PRO for the wheels and also the bike is just beefier all-around...

So does Rize have "Real 750W" motor?
They did for 2020. No clue this year with all the changes, but I'd be surprised if it were not. Skimping on motors is not their normal MO.
It says Rize X has 52V 15ah.
Not 19.2ah.
I don't think the '21 specs were out when I posted that reply

Volt offers upgrade to 19ah for $50

Sounds like a good deal if it's something you would use regularly. I already learned the "way bigger than I need" battery lesson. Dragging around that potentially unnecessary weight got old here. MUCH rather have a lighter bike than battery capacity I don't need. That's me though. Suit yourself.

Sounds like a good deal if it's something you would use regularly. I already learned the "way bigger than I need" battery lesson. Dragging around that potentially unnecessary weight got old here. MUCH rather have a lighter bike than battery capacity I don't need. That's me though. Suit yourself.
Yup. I over bought using my wholesale access and purchased several triangle packs. They will age out before wearing out.
And they’re really quite heavy. i’m now in the 2 10-14Ah fan club.

My latest bike is a 55lb 500w bike with a 13.5ah battery. This bike is for use in an area without a lot of challenging hills. While there are some hills, none are those long or really steep types that can't be conquered in 30 seconds or so. I have another bike to handle that kind of stuff (easily, see below!). My point is, this lightweight bike is PLENTY peppy, and is capable of an easy 40 miles with my 300lb butt on it - with a 13.5ah battery. That's twice as far as my butt can go!

Not saying you can't make a case for a 20ah (+-) battery. For instance a Bafang Ultra powered fatty ridden off road or in an area with a lot of hills can easily gobble up a battery that size when you're playing hard..... Even when cooling it that bike will only go 30-35 miles.

I asked a volt salesperson today about battery weight, 17.2 ah adds 1/2 lb.
70 lbs or 70.5 lbs does not seem like a factor.

I asked a volt salesperson today about battery weight, 17.2 ah adds 1/2 lb.
70 lbs or 70.5 lbs does not seem like a factor.
Agreed, I was thinking 13.5-14ah vs a 19.2. I'll bet that's an easy 5 lbs....

17.2 is a good compromise.

Back