Vive la France

JRA

The option for a motor/gearbox system just got more interesting:

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 9.06.24 AM.png

There has been much anticipation of a gearbox/motor and this one seems to tick all the boxes, including reverse which could be used for cargo bikes especially as the article suggests.

The bike EU site requires a sign in but is free and an interesting source of relevant info on the progression of eBike tech. A disclaimer being that it doesn't always come true.....

NIce but interestingly, when clicking on that Bike EU link it first takes you to a website cookies permissions page that showed languages English and some Chinese text to be selected before proceeding.
So kinda makes one wonder if the motors and electronics are rebadgers or what?
Bike EU is basically an industry site that as I said you have to sign into via setting up a (free) profile. I've been using it for years and it is a real deal

Reactions: MMC
The option for a motor/gearbox system just got more interesting:

View attachment 74479

There has been much anticipation of a gearbox/motor and this one seems to tick all the boxes, including reverse which could be used for cargo bikes especially as the article suggests.

The bike EU site requires a sign in but is free and an interesting source of relevant info on the progression of eBike tech. A disclaimer being that it doesn't always come true.....
License it to Pushkar so we can get our kind of bike out of it. 👍

Reed Scott,
Send him a private message with the link: https://newatlas.com/bicycles/valeo-ebike-motor-automatic-gearbox/
It looks really good. You could even do a Veer Split Belt. Using it could reduce the frame cost because you do not need to open the seat stay to slip on the belt.
I wonder about total weight. 130Nm to a belt and a single speed free hub rear wheel would be nice. Most bike drive systems cannot take more than about 80Nm. I like shifting the way people with sports cars like to work the gears. But the larger potential market does not.

I like the idea, not so much the form though. Looks huge when compared to Bosch, Brose and Yamaha. Should be fun to watch the evolution this system.

Anti-theft? Pick it up and throw it in the back of a pickup. Boom. It's gone. Then software hacks to break into the software lock and it's ready for resale the same day..

Looks good overall. Of course, we'll be calling it Val-Leo here not Va-lou.

Anti-theft? Pick it up and throw it in the back of a pickup. Boom. It's gone. Then software hacks to break into the software lock and it's ready for resale the same day..

Looks good overall. Of course, we'll be calling it Val-Leo here not Va-lou.
That is so funny! What happens when your proximity sensor is broken? You can't ride your bike but someone can still take it.
There are those helmets that send alerts to family and friends when you crash. But what if your phone also crashed in the same crash?

Back