Vado SL and Red Shift Suspension Stem

Drozdster

I am thinking about installing the Red Shift Suspension Stem on my Vado SL but don't think it will work because of the light being in the way.

What have others done to get around this? Other Suspension Stem manufacturers? Move the light?

I don't feel like reinventing the wheel if others have a solution already. LOL

Thanks!

Attachments

• Vado SL.jpg
    Vado SL.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 199
I am thinking about installing the Red Shift Suspension Stem on my Vado SL but don't think it will work because of the light being in the way.

What have others done to get around this? Other Suspension Stem manufacturers? Move the light?

I don't feel like reinventing the wheel if others have a solution already. LOL

Thanks!
Just buy the Redshift ShockStop Utility Mount. You install it to the front of the stem faceplate. Now, you have a 25 mm tube extending to the front, to which you can mount a handlebar GoPro mount and connect your Lezyne light to it. Hint: The Utility Mount tube is 25 mm (road bike handlebar diameter) while most of GoPro Mounts are 31.8 mm. I made a makeshift shim from pieces of rubber and it works like a dream for me.

Now, if you want to install a TCD or a Garmin or a Wahoo, buy Redshift ShockStop Computer mount (either for Garmin or for Wahoo). It is the second extension you can mount on the stem faceplate. I own and use both!

Just buy the Redshift ShockStop Utility Mount. You install it to the front of the stem faceplate. Now, you have a 25 mm tube extending to the front, to which you can mount a handlebar GoPro mount and connect your Lezyne light to it. Hint: The Utility Mount tube is 25 mm (road bike handlebar diameter) while most of GoPro Mounts are 31.8 mm. I made a makeshift shim from pieces of rubber and it works like a dream for me.

Now, if you want to install a TCD or a Garmin or a Wahoo, buy Redshift ShockStop Computer mount (either for Garmin or for Wahoo). It is the second extension you can mount on the stem faceplate. I own and use both!

Geez. I know I sound like a whiner.....but to get the rear rack on my Vado SL 4.0 is a complete p in the a which requires some McGyver style engineering.
To put a RedShift stem on the bike also requires some McGyver'ing....and $$$$....since I'll need the utility mount and a GoPro handlebar mount for the light.
Nothing is easy.
I've got a local guy with an 80mm 6 degree Redshift stem advertised (used) for $80. Tempting.

Don't get me started on the suspension seat-post given the mounting/wiring for the rear/red light.

Stefan....how do you affix the OEM headlight to the 25.4mm RedShift utility mount??

Last edited:

Attachments

• 20230815_195400.jpg
    20230815_195400.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 124
  • 20230815_195344.jpg
    20230815_195344.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 20230815_195328.jpg
    20230815_195328.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 132
Thanks for this Stefan! You are the McGyver Cyclist!!
I've said it before...I have a bit of OCD....and I don't love the extra bits and extensions necessary to secure that light.
I need to take my light off and see how it is connected. Drozdster might have a more 'refined' solution.

Thanks for this Stefan! You are the McGyver Cyclist!!
I've said it before...I have a bit of OCD....and I don't love the extra bits and extensions necessary to secure that light.
My previous solution, that is, installing the GoPro mount on the bars didn't look good and the light was on the left side of the bike centre.

I am a very poor mechanic, so adding the "shim" cost me a lot of nerves. However, the solution has turned out to be totally reliable. Like in "set it and forget it" 🤣

Back