Update to New Update: Giant's Ride Control App 1.4.5

I can not manage to search for an adress and navigate to it by using the search function.

Tapping and pinching on the map and select an adress works, but not very convenient.

Does the search work for anybody? Or is that a common thing ...?

Seems like I am unable to connect to the internet using this app. I cannot upload my rides, search dealers or search an adress.

anyone know what’s going on here?

iPhone 11 iOS13

Attachments

• 41E62693-6E9A-4DDA-B26E-6D7A85E2A81E.png
    41E62693-6E9A-4DDA-B26E-6D7A85E2A81E.png
    315.7 KB · Views: 385
  • F33D5C63-65F9-41AF-8BE3-ABBD09B88E14.jpeg
    F33D5C63-65F9-41AF-8BE3-ABBD09B88E14.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 373
  • 41B08DCD-EFAE-4E4C-AF10-6BF3A546034B.png
    41B08DCD-EFAE-4E4C-AF10-6BF3A546034B.png
    93.2 KB · Views: 374
Hey,
I recently had the ebike software updated at the dealer. Now the speed on the app is no longer displayed correctly. The cadence, power, battery usage are also incorrect, they remain at a zero value. The speed remains constant at 24.3 km / h. The bicycle does have correct values.

Does anyone have a solution? Thanks in advance.
regards
Screenshot_20200815-000701_RideControl.jpg

Hey,
I recently had the ebike software updated at the dealer. Now the speed on the app is no longer displayed correctly. The cadence, power, battery usage are also incorrect, they remain at a zero value. The speed remains constant at 24.3 km / h. The bicycle does have correct values.

Does anyone have a solution? Thanks in advance.
regards
View attachment 62399
I just wrote to Giant... the app is ridiculous. Worked (sort of) then lots of data errors like you are experiencing. Personally, the Ride Control unit is silly...riding in the sun with sunglasses makes it impossible to read. I’d like to change it all over to a display like @Stefan Mikes did, the EVO or similar. Hopefully, I will get a response but I am not holding my breathe. I will pass along any information I receive.
PS...my apple watch records my trips better then the app ever did. 😏🚴‍♀️

Last edited:
Until they fix this crap, I am using Strava exclusively. It's disappointing, as I really want the data about what me and my bike are doing, not just the route!

But it's not the only software not doing what it's supposed to as my Samsung Wear watch and Strava don't get along either. What I wanted to do was run the Giant app for me, and use the Strava app on my watch to share with my other biking friends. Can't do that either as the watch data won't sync with the Strava servers.

Maybe Giant can either fix their stuff or offer some rebates as compensation. The software interaction was part of the price of the bike. It's OK to dream from time to time...

The Great Day Will Come 😃
I've been waiting for 7 months until Specialized met their promise (Vado would work with Mission Control), and that day came true.

Thanks for the reply!:)

The ebike software has been updated. Before the update, I had no problems with the app. The app indicates a speed of 26.1 km / h. The distance, energy and height are also incorrect. See screenshots below. The bike stood still and was not cycling!

Now I wonder how does the app get the data and speed? Via GPS from the phone or the bicycle?
Screenshot_20200815-191528_RideControl.jpg Screenshot_20200815-191616_RideControl.jpg

Go to the LBS and make a hell. They should re-install the bike software using their PC.

Tuning option is greyed out on my app. Just bought my Giant Talon E3 last week and downloaded the app all I can do is see battery status. Does anyone else have this problem too?

Back