Unlocking the Stealth Bomber Competition Mode

Sounds like you're really enjoying the bike Brian! Maybe you can get more info on the Cycle Analyst from their official website? You guys are all pretty brave for doing a mod like this to such an expensive bike but it sounds like it's working :rolleyes:

Found the perfect fenders for the Stealth Bomber today at Mountain Equipment Coop www.mec.ca . Company is sks-Germany.com front is called "X-TRA-DRY" and the rear is called "SHOCKBOARD". Installation was very simple and the product gets 10/10 from me for design and install. The front fender even covers part of the electronic box. Bike is brilliant!

That's awesome Brian! Once you get them and put them on it would be great if you added a few pictures showing how they work I created a new thread here on fenders and I'm sure lots of people would like to add them as there's concern over getting the controller and battery wet :)

I did a quick search for the fenders and found some more on Amazon. I really like what I saw from Topeak this past year at Interbike (the Topeak DeFender set) that are pretty affordable and come as a matching set. I'd be interested to hear how you think they compare to the ones you listed from SKS (the Shockboard fenders and X-Tra Dry fenders).

topeak-defender-m1-m2.jpg

Frankly, the Topeak fenders look pretty cool and are a bit wider. Also, the rubber edges are nice in case you bump them, I think they're more flexible... check out the mockups I made here.

I just saw one of the newer Stealth electric bikes (here in the US) and instead of requiring any hardware modifications it came with a USB stick that you could use with your computer to unlock it. Not sure if this will be available in other countries but I thought it was neat. Saw it at Long Island Electric Bikes so they might know more.

I just saw one of the newer Stealth electric bikes (here in the US) and instead of requiring any hardware modifications it came with a USB stick that you could use with your computer to unlock it. Not sure if this will be available in other countries but I thought it was neat. Saw it at Long Island Electric Bikes so they might know more.
Thanks Court, the new Stealth bikes will have a different computer based on the CycleAnalyst V3. It's pretty straight forward to use, but it's not as easy to modify parameters as the older version, although most people don't need or want to do that anyway. You can easily switch in and out of off-road mode by pushing a couple of buttons though which is cool. I listed an image of the new display below.

cycle-analyst-v3-stealth-electric-bike.jpg

Thanks Chris, can people still use competition mode? I guess it depends on the geography that the bike's in correct? It's nice to hear that you can still override it even if it is a bit more complicated.

Thanks Chris, can people still use competition mode? I guess it depends on the geography that the bike's in correct? It's nice to hear that you can still override it even if it is a bit more complicated.
It's really simple to turn it on. Now it's just easier to turn it on and off.

My bike is a 2013 Bomber with a CA3. It came limited to 750w/20 mph like all Bombers sold in the U.S.
Mine actually had a sticker on the wire loop coming out of the CA that said something like, "whatever you do, don't cut this wire, or it will unlimit your power" lol. I installed a switch on the limiter wire so I can switch back and forth between limited, and unlimited. The CA also has a power takeoff wire for lighting, so I installed a switch for that too. I located both switches in the frame down close to the seat subframe. The reason for that location is simply because that's a convenient place to install them.

The red button is the limiter, and blue button is for the lights.

Back