Unable connect smart phone to Kiox when bike is due for service?

Region
USA
Hello, all,
I have just started riding my Kiox-enabled Domane +HP this season and have ridden 1999 miles on it as of yesterday!

When I turned my Kiox on in preparation for a ride this morning, I saw a message on the Kiox that said, "Service Due." I pressed "OK", but then noticed that the Kiox would not connect to my iphone 12 as usual. I cycled through the computer buttons, turned the Kiox off/on several times, ensured that my iphone bluetooth was indeed operational, made sure that the iphone was paired with my Kiox ( I repeated the pairing process but the phone kept telling me I was already paired, and I was afraid that if I unpaired the iphone/Kiox that I would lose all my data)....to no avail. Note that my Kiox has the software up to date, 4.0.2.0.

Was this unpairing of my smartphone with my Kiox a deliberate thing? Is it possible that Trek notified me that my Domane+HP was due for a dealer service, and shut down my iphone app until I comply and bring my ebike into the shop for a reset? Or maybe I'm just stupid...

Very disturbing. I rode 30 miles today anyway, hoping for the best... but neither my Kiox nor my smartphone retained any data from today's ride.

I have Kiox with same latest software. My "Service Due" started a long time ago and was there when I upgraded to the latest Kiox software. It shows at each startup. I haven't had a connection problem on latest or prior versions as a result of "Service Due". I also use an iPhone 12.

Only the annoyance of the message each time I power up. Next time in shop I will have them set the computer not to flag this ever.

I do want to emphasize that it did indeed need service shortly after that message. My front brake pads were worn to point of replacement at the mileage the "Service Due" came up. So for many, this could be a good option to keep enabled if you don't do your own service.

I don't think you will lose your data if you unpair, but I can't confirm that 100%.

no you wont lose the data. unpair and repair. I have had to do it a few times on my nyon. cant remember if I had to do it on the kiox. my service due came up at a weird 9000 miles for the first time.

Thanks, fooferdoggi! I went ahead and unpaired the Kiox from my iphone despite the warnings, and when I re-paired it, today's ride appeared on my screen (minus the total ascent data) with all the old data intact. I wonder if I'll have to keep unpairing/re-pairing the Kiox as long as the service reminder appears when I turn my computer on.

Tyson, thanks for the advice not to ignore the service reminder. I'm a small guy so I hope my brake pads aren't worn out yet. I have been doing simple maintenance tasks on my road bikes for decades, so I'm hoping to get some rides in this last month or so before the weather in the Pacific NW turns into the wet season. Once that happens, I'll happily submit my Domane for a service!

Thanks, fooferdoggi! I went ahead and unpaired the Kiox from my iphone despite the warnings, and when I re-paired it, today's ride appeared on my screen (minus the total ascent data) with all the old data intact. I wonder if I'll have to keep unpairing/re-pairing the Kiox as long as the service reminder appears when I turn my computer on.

Tyson, thanks for the advice not to ignore the service reminder. I'm a small guy so I hope my brake pads aren't worn out yet. I have been doing simple maintenance tasks on my road bikes for decades, so I'm hoping to get some rides in this last month or so before the weather in the Pacific NW turns into the wet season. Once that happens, I'll happily submit my Domane for a service!
I did not but every ride it would pop up saying the service message. the service reminder is just to make sure you get your bike checked on a regular basis. it does not mean there is a bike problem. its whatever the bike manufacture or the dealer wants to set it as. I was told my bike did not have one set then it popped up at the odd 9000 miles. of course the bike was serviced before that. chains and pads and bearings. even a new rear wheel by then.

Back